Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Random reco - homeowner's insurance in London

Hi all

This is not Lexus-related but I need a couple of recommendations for a homeowners policy for West London 

I am looking for an insurer for homeowners coverage with the possibilty to add auto later - looking for a reputable insurer who actually pays out without too many gotchas in the T&Cs

Better to go directly to the insurer or through a broker?

All advice welcome!  Cheers

I have used LV for both house and car insurance without any problem.

I have had one car insurance claim with LV where someone pulled out of a side road driving into the side of my car, the customer service was excellent.

Many years ago I collided with a deer, there was quite a bit of damage to the bodywork and also a problem that the engine would not run properly (eventually diagnosed as broken air flow meter). The insurer arranged for repair of the bodywork but claimed the engine problem was entirely coincidental and nothing at all to do with the accident. Eventually they paid up after much grief, that was Direct Line.

I mean honestly youre better off just looking at a comparison website

Most insurers pay out with no problems. Ive claimed a few times with admiral and once with LV - no issues 

14 hours ago, Werewolf1976 said:

Hi all

This is not Lexus-related but I need a couple of recommendations for a homeowners policy for West London 

I am looking for an insurer for homeowners coverage with the possibilty to add auto later - looking for a reputable insurer who actually pays out without too many gotchas in the T&Cs

Better to go directly to the insurer or through a broker?

All advice welcome!  Cheers

When I was reviewing our Home Insurance policy a couple of years ago, somewhat to my surprise my bank (NatWest) turned out to offer the best combination of price and cover.

Might be worth investigating your own bank.

• Thanks 1

I've recently had brilliant broker service from Motor Direct / Home Direct   ...John Scanlon 01993 849661  ....  give him a quick buzz 

house & contents is with RSA for my 400 year old house in Kent through them .. every other company quotes double the price 

Good luck

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links