Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UK Lexus Link app features

Hi,

I have linked my Lexus Link app to the NX 450h+ but I don't seems to see much. The only information from the car is the Mileage, last trip info and the car location. When looking online it appears others see a lot more and can pre-heat the cabin via the app, etc. Is that just for the US market, leaving the UK users with rubbish or is there an issue with my system?

Coming from a Mercedes, where the app was very useful, I find the Lexus Link very disappointing. Mercedes also had an API so I could link it into my home automation system and get warning if I went to bed with the car unlocked, etc. 

@AdyR there are numerous posts on this forum regarding the (un)reliability and general worthiness of the app. It's very limited in what you can do with it and things like the last trip info and last parked location are very hit and miss. The US version of the app does offer a lot more functionality I believe, such as remote start.

Having said that you should have the ability to pre-heat the cabin via the app (although I have never used it in my NX350h). On the first page of the app, under the image of the car and the fuel remaining percentage and mileage values you should see an icon that looks like a fan - pressing this will take you to another page where you can set the target temperature and duration. You can also turn on other things here such as the window defroster; the steering wheel heater and seat heaters (if fitted).

Alongside the fan icon, you should also see a padlock icon - this allows you to lock/unlock the car remotely (again, not something that I have used in my car).

• Like 3

NX300h, 2022. The app is useless, find my car is usually 1/4 mile out, the NAV 'send to car' states it's been sent, but then on the NAV in the car there's no obvious place to find it

Driving analytics states my average speed last month was 296MPH !!!

11 hours ago, Andy B said:

@AdyR there are numerous posts on this forum regarding the (un)reliability and general worthiness of the app. It's very limited in what you can do with it and things like the last trip info and last parked location are very hit and miss. The US version of the app does offer a lot more functionality I believe, such as remote start.

Having said that you should have the ability to pre-heat the cabin via the app (although I have never used it in my NX350h). On the first page of the app, under the image of the car and the fuel remaining percentage and mileage values you should see an icon that looks like a fan - pressing this will take you to another page where you can set the target temperature and duration. You can also turn on other things here such as the window defroster; the steering wheel heater and seat heaters (if fitted).

Alongside the fan icon, you should also see a padlock icon - this allows you to lock/unlock the car remotely (again, not something that I have used in my car).

I used the App to defrost my car in the winter and now to cool it down in our hot summer. It is a great feature given that we have my 6 month old grandson staying.

I have set the internal temperature at 21 degrees when it has been 30 degrees inside the car. One thing though… it will show an error if the car is unlocked. The car has to be locked to operate the remote climate feature.

• Like 3

Thanks for the information. I guess something is not working for me as I don't see any of those features. All I get is the current mileage, send to vehicle and trip summary.

image.thumb.jpeg.b600a8b26379bccb91155e79ab88eb63.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Stumpyuk said:

Make sure you have subscribed to the smart services and connected services.

Both of those show as active

Hmm, I deactivated the Connected Services and then activated it again and now I can see the range, charge and padlock, the last two of which can be clicked on for more information.

Aha, I just refreshed the page by dragging it down and now the fan icon has appeared as well.

So thanks @Stumpyuk for the tip that LED me to try that.

• Like 3

I mentioned recently in another thread that I had a message from the Link app support people to say send to car navigation is planned to be added later this year.

My NX450h+ is now a whole week old! I've had frustrations with the SmartLink user  bit [always seen as a guest] and navigation [no motorways used on route planning despite the motorway icon being correctly set] etc. I sorted those myself.  But what I am failing with is the Traffic reports. I get no RDS either on FM or DAB and not a flicker on the navigation screen. What I do see on the Traffic Display [setup] page is Auto [which I've ticked] and "...searching [with my phone tethered to the car providing data services to it]. But nothing at all on the nav screen in terms of road colours / icons / warnings [as MB at Porsche and even my Ford do!] etc. I note from the on-line audio manual for this model [a good 362 page read..]that I need a subscription to iCloud navigation. The dealership don't know if I have one or not or if it is free for the first two or three  years [all my Porsche and MBenz ones were...]. So how does one get such a contract, as having sat at Stonehenge the other day for over an hour in traffic  I could really use some for of traffic alert -iCloud or RDS. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Hi @Macray welcome to the forum.

You state in your Profile that you have a NX450h+ with the Premium Plus pack. This should have given you 4 years free subscription to the iCloud navigation and other connected services. My NX350h has the Premium Plus pack and I get all of these services, such as real-time navigation and traffic alerts. I use Google Maps via Android Auto but the inbuilt Lexus nav system still gives me warnings of stationary or queueing traffic ahead.

One thing to check...... have you activated Connected Services via the accompanying Lexus Link phone app (and also linked the app to your profile in the car)? Failing that, you're probably best to check again with your dealer.

• Like 2

Click on 'connected services centre' on the app home screen, if you've activated smart services and connected services you should see the 1st screen below - click on 'smart services', then 'services included in this bundle' to see the next 2 screens.

1790460767_Screenshot_20220805-225829_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.d8bec138fec13d1e6cf8f258238870f2.jpg

1035973303_Screenshot_20220805-225841_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.60018db2fa4f6c9cad5277b126277dfe.jpg653012253_Screenshot_20220805-225849_LexusLink.thumb.jpg.3679a0ca40574039a092d61c13a91685.jpg

The app, like most apps, is pretty limiting and have my turned off as i kept getting the password error with my mobile or whatever it is keep coming up with errors. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links