Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Even a main dealer can get it wrong

Thought I'd post this as it just goes to show even Lexus service can get it wrong. On my cars last service last week they recommended the air con got re gassed. So I got it done. What I didn't notice because of one thing and another that the ruddy cold air that I remember the car could blast out wasn't ruddy cold. But because of the alternator issue I forgot about it. Anyway after the alternator issue got fixed whilst driving home I noticed a noise I'd not heard before. Didn't give it much thought. Travelling in really nice warm weather I did notice that when my AC was set to LO the air that came out was at best cool. Mmmmm I thought. Did Stockport mess up and forget to actually put new gas into the system. 

As for that new noise I heard earlier I thought there's something definitely not right. On the way back from Bowness whilst on the motorway that noise couldn't be heard with other noises elsewhere overpowering it. But when on normal roads that noise was most definitely there.

At home I kind of experimented. With the AC on so was the noise. AC off then no noise. Oh the noise was like a fan.

So back to Stockport today after phoning them and after nearly 2 hours I got my car back. Now it blows super ruddy cold air and no fan noise at any time. 

Seems when they first did the air con job the machine they used was faulty. Luckily no detrimental effects as there was some new gas in so nothing ran dry and the matter of only two days of use. Glad my hearing is still damn good otherwise after time the compressor would have gone for a dump.

So it just goes to show even Lexus technical can get it wrong. 

I saved money, by getting my car service by independent garage. Lexus quoted £650 for 60K service, Independent garage £375 but I had to supply the service kit which cost £185 so all together £560 saving of £90. I think I would of paid the £90 for 1 year peace of mind warranty from Lexus.   

• Like 1

Good point about your Independent garage John. A £90 saving is a £90 saving But that becomes less once breakdown recovery service like the AA for example. I'm on a service plan and have been for the past 2 years. Renewed with a 3 year plan. All include MOT loan car and breakdown recovery. So yes piece of mind that Lexus do the servicing. 

Yes labour rate much higher but factor in MOT loan car and breakdown then that labour rate isn't as bad as many believe it is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Good point about your Independent garage John. A £90 saving is a £90 saving But that becomes less once breakdown recovery service like the AA for example. I'm on a service plan and have been for the past 2 years. Renewed with a 3 year plan. All include MOT loan car and breakdown recovery. So yes piece of mind that Lexus do the servicing. 

Yes labour rate much higher but factor in MOT loan car and breakdown then that labour rate isn't as bad as many believe it is.

I would have thought that location might be an influencing factor, too.  I’ve always used the Lexus dealer from whom I bought the car.  But then they’re reasonably accessible.  Indeed, on occasions they’ve come and collected it.

If a Lexus dealer wasn’t convenient, I’d look for a Toyota dealer.  I would find trusting the car to an Independent much more problematic.

I also bought the car with a Service Plan, which I’ve maintained  ever since.  Apart from other benefits, I rather think that it’s a display of mutual confidence and commitment that does improve customer/dealer relations.  And that may be an intangible benefit, but it’s one worth having!

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links