Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Map not showing road colours for traffic

Ok I am getting there slowly with all the new features but I cant figure this one out.

I have the connected my android phone and have both icons for Bluetooth and wifi on the phone and the nav screen.

However, I can not get the roads to show the different colours depending on traffic.  

The other thing that may be relevant is that despite setting up an account with lexus online, I keep getting unable to connect messages.  Yet I can see weather and fuel information.

It has to be connecting to something externally to do that so I don't know why its proving to be so touchy.  Do I need a subscription to Lexus online?

You need a Lexus portal account or use the Lexus Link app no subscription required.

I've been getting unable to connect messages today, whilst playing with the car's WiFi hotspot. Maybe the Lexus servers are experiencing problems?

Both of you having 2020 cars, you should both be able to go to the dealers and get them to install or activate Android Auto/Apple CarPlay if it hasn't already been done by the previous owners.

I believe they do it for about £80 so I would highly recommend that you both do that so that you can have the modern miracle maps of either Waze, Google Maps, Sygic or others.

This will have an immediate two-fold benefit for you both:

• Your lives will be fuller, richer and happier for having a modern intuitive navigation system with both completely free and frequent updates
  • You'll lose less hair in the long run because there'll be nothing to frustrate you into pulling big clumps of it out

Win-win :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is enabled and I sometimes use it but I still want to get this working too

Hmm... there's a name for that sort of behaviour - masochist :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Hmm... there's a name for that sort of behaviour - masochist :laughing:

I'm not going to be beaten by outdated tech.  Might be a different story if I could use Android Auto wirelessly.  I wonder, maybe there is something I could plug in to the USB port to enable wireless communication.

11 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

I'm not going to be beaten by outdated tech.  Might be a different story if I could use Android Auto wirelessly.  I wonder, maybe there is something I could plug in to the USB port to enable wireless communication.

There is indeed https://shop.aawireless.io/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

• Like 1

@SybarisOnce you’re happy that you have sorted it you will realise that the logic the system uses is totally illogical, the traffic jams it warns you of was 2-3 hours ago and has since cleared, the traffic jam you are in is the one that it will alert you to in 2 hours time and the slow traffic ahead is on the other carriageway.

BTW, for what it’s worth, after 1 month with the new all singing all dancing super duper 2022 NX system it is no better. Logic is still illogical and the map in places is 2 years out of date.

As others have mentioned, Google maps, TomTom app, Waze etc is the way to go.
For “safety” camera warnings, my Thinkware dashcam with its regular updates will take some beating.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Both of you having 2020 cars, you should both be able to go to the dealers and get them to install or activate Android Auto/Apple CarPlay if it hasn't already been done by the previous owners.

I believe they do it for about £80 so I would highly recommend that you both do that so that you can have the modern miracle maps of either Waze, Google Maps, Sygic or others.

This will have an immediate two-fold benefit for you both:

• Your lives will be fuller, richer and happier for having a modern intuitive navigation system with both completely free and frequent updates
  • You'll lose less hair in the long run because there'll be nothing to frustrate you into pulling big clumps of it out

Win-win :thumbsup:

Already enabled, comes as standard

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links