Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brembo Discs from Autodoc

Hi all

Ive tried the search but can’t remember/find who it was that fitted brembo own brake discs to their GSF/RCF?

Please get in touch if it was you.

I want to know if the centre hub section has started to corrode or not (as I dont think they’re treated black like OEM).

Cheers

Meeeee and had the saga where I put my foot on the brake and popped a piston out the rear caliper 🤣

The F is due for a wheels off clean in the coming week, so I can certainly have a proper look for you. I believe some come coated and others don't, there was a discussion on here somewhere but cannot remember how long ago.

Maybe some keyword searching of autodoc, brembo etc may yield some results?!

Is yours bad?

Oh how did that happen? We’re your discs and pads that low?

Ive not fitted mine yet but was wondering if yours had started to corrode I would lightly paint the centre section masking off the hub face of course.

Nah I was just stupid and put my foot on the brake without thinking when the caliper was off the disc and pop goes the weasel, wrote a thread about having a laugh at my misfortune 😆

I'll have a looky this week when the wheels come off for some cleaning therapy and let you know!

On 9/3/2022 at 10:37 AM, BillNick said:

Hi all

Ive tried the search but can’t remember/find who it was that fitted Brembo own brake discs to their GSF/RCF?

Please get in touch if it was you.

I want to know if the centre hub section has started to corrode or not (as I dont think they’re treated black like OEM).

Cheers

Theyre listed as Coated on the autodoc website

The brembo coating is grey and almost the same colour as the brake discs themselves - take a good look

Brake Discs with UV coating - Brembo Parts

On 9/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, BillNick said:

Ha woopsy easily done though.

That would be much appreciated however you if it was terrible I’m sure you’d have already noticed.

Didn't get round to this, my entire week went to poop and weather hasn't been terribly inviting so I just stared out the window in sadness instead! 😆

Seems as though a few others have supplied answers/ pics 😄

13 hours ago, BillNick said:

Thanks mate

Interesting Lexus paint them especially on the hub face. Perhaps they lathe off a couple of thou to allow for the paint. Perhaps not…. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Where are your spacers from?

Spacers are H&R, they where needed for my black and bronze alloys, not needed for my black ones presently on car  tho 

C39C0D39-6DFC-4622-A3DD-56A565FE1201.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, Yuss said:

It doesn't run the full concave up to the rotor and the face of the hub, so not quite as good as OEM.

20220909_191756.jpg

Yes thats true but it shouldnt make a huge difference when its behind the wheel. It shouldnt be visible really.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links