Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Boot struts

I have a 2019 NX which for the past 3 months has had issues with the boot sticking at various positions which I reported on the last service but dealer could not find anything wrong. Last week it packed up altogether and after being told it is just a re programme required, I have now been informed that it requires two new strut’s. Fortunately Lexus have agreed to sort this out under warranty even though the car is just over 3 years old. However, I was told that it would have cost £1300 to replace these. Has anyone else experienced this problem because I am hoping that this is not a reoccurring problem as the parts are on a 7 weeks delivery and I am unable to use the boot during this period.

• Sad 1

SGS ( well known and well respected )  re-gas gas struts if that's the issue 

At 3 years young your car shouldn't need anything like this replacing surely :unsure:

No idea what re-programming you need unless it's summat to do with the electronics from switch to strut not reading .................  too complex for me these modern high tech cars

I think simply finding out WHY you need NEW STRUTS would be a good start ....... are the struts worn out ( surely not ! ) or is it the electronics that's awry maybe ?

Sorry  ..........  I can't offer any other thoughts here

Good luck 

Malc

• Like 2

8 hours ago, David booth said:

I have a 2019 NX which for the past 3 months has had issues with the boot sticking at various positions which I reported on the last service but dealer could not find anything wrong. Last week it packed up altogether and after being told it is just a re programme required, I have now been informed that it requires two new strut’s. Fortunately Lexus have agreed to sort this out under warranty even though the car is just over 3 years old. However, I was told that it would have cost £1300 to replace these. Has anyone else experienced this problem because I am hoping that this is not a reoccurring problem as the parts are on a 7 weeks delivery and I am unable to use the boot during this period.

Not a common issue but as long as you have the car serviced at a dealership they'll continue to be covered by warranty, so stop worrying!

16 hours ago, Malc said:

SGS ( well known and well respected )  re-gas gas struts if that's the issue 

At 3 years young your car shouldn't need anything like this replacing surely :unsure:

No idea what re-programming you need unless it's summat to do with the electronics from switch to strut not reading .................  too complex for me these modern high tech cars

I think simply finding out WHY you need NEW STRUTS would be a good start ....... are the struts worn out ( surely not ! ) or is it the electronics that's awry maybe ?

Sorry  ..........  I can't offer any other thoughts here

Good luck 

Malc

These are motorised struts, not gas struts

• Like 3

18 hours ago, David booth said:

However, I was told that it would have cost £1300 to replace these. Has anyone else experienced this problem because I am hoping that this is not a reoccurring problem as the parts are on a 7 weeks delivery and I am unable to use the boot during this period.

Not heard anyone else report this problem so you were possibly just unlucky. There was a part code change for MY19, so maybe we will see a pattern of the early 2019 vehicles with this issue - time will tell. The part is specific to the NX but I imagine the main component is the same for RX and UX and I've not heard of issues there either.

Normally the fact that the part is coming from Japan would indicate this isn't a common issue otherwise spares would be held in the UK/Europe - but with current supply chain issues it is more difficult to make that assumption.

As Steve has pointed out, Lexus Relax warranty will cover these for up to 10 years provided you get your vehicle serviced by an authorised Lexus dealer.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Hi, 2018 nx tailgate makes an horrendous noise when closing. Just been for service

asked then to check it out. Told needs new struts @ £2211.40 which I think is a bit excessive.

My question is should it not be done under warranty?

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links