Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450H Fuel Consumption

36 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

66 MPG ????

I'm doing a lot of short local runs at the moment and getting 30.9 mpg

Bill is correct, mine is a NX 450h+. The original post in the NX forum hopefully explains it. For the 1,800 miles on the odometer, I have put in fuel (around 125ltrs) that equates to 66mpg but I have also charged up the 18Kw Battery several times and that has had a cost. However, as you can imagine for a return trip from North Scotland to the mid-West coast of Wales, a significant amount of time was spent on motorways and 'A' roads with the ICE doing the work. The main thing is that I am very happy 🙂 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Coming back from Bristol to Reading one evening last week, there was an issue on the M4.

Not being in a hurry, I decided to take the A420 out of Bristol to Chippenham, and then the A4 through Calne, Avebury, Marlborough, Hungerford, Newbury, Thatcham and then Reading.

This wasn’t a quick journey - M4 usually takes about 75 minutes, and this took two hours…but, with an average speed of 40-50mph rather than 70mph, I managed a fuel economy I never thought I’d see on an RX. 

42.3mpg shown. Sometimes it’s nice to take the ‘road less travelled.’  It was a lovely drive. Just not the best if you’re in a hurry!

• Like 4

At the moment I tend to do short miles, say between 5 and 12 miles.  This is dropping my mpg but to be honest, I save more by the fact I am driving less.  I do think its more economical on longer runs and still have to take it on the motorway for a run.  I just haven't had the need yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting read as yet again, I'm tempted into an RX. Currently using a BM... cough...W X3 2.0d which is returning around 42-45mpg. Not bad considering the performance it provides etc. There is however one factor to consider when moving from a diesel chariot to a petrol driven one nowadays. The gap between the cost/litre of diesel compared to unleaded has widened, to a point where if I move across to a RX, the cost of fuel per month for me is around the same, just using a green pump and not the black one.

A few temptations out there at the moment. Looking at post 2019 so I get Android/Apple car play, other than that, best spec and colour I can find. I have my first drive in an RX when I go to the dealer next week. Q the drum roll!

11 hours ago, Osprey said:

Interesting read as yet again, I'm tempted into an RX. Currently using a BM... cough...W X3 2.0d which is returning around 42-45mpg. Not bad considering the performance it provides etc. There is however one factor to consider when moving from a diesel chariot to a petrol driven one nowadays. The gap between the cost/litre of diesel compared to unleaded has widened, to a point where if I move across to a RX, the cost of fuel per month for me is around the same, just using a green pump and not the black one.

A few temptations out there at the moment. Looking at post 2019 so I get Android/Apple car play, other than that, best spec and colour I can find. I have my first drive in an RX when I go to the dealer next week. Q the drum roll!

Good luck! I daren't try a Gen 4 RX,as I know it'd spoil the older model that I currently have and want to keep for a good few years yet.

Try and get as long a test drive as you can. Even then I think it's the sort of car where you might not immediately 'get' it. Takes a while to learn to how to use the hybrid to its best advantage, be that for reasonable economy or luxurious, near-silent wafting (or both).

I reckon I'm using mine for the optimum journeys at present. About a 40-mile trip so it's thoroughly warmed-up, much of it on a 50mph A-road when I can roll along with minimal work from the petrol engine and a good chunk in town (with some long downhill stretches to keep the charge up). I'm getting an indicated 38+ MPG, but still enjoying the V6 every so often.

• Like 2

I should add that even though its not a Lexus, we have had a CHR hybrid and now a Mazda2 Hybrid for the past 4 years. I agree, to get the best out of it, you need a different style to driving, it makes you plan ahead, view the road, the traffic and accelerate/decelrate to optimise the car.

This is one of the main reasons Im looking to Lexus. Luxurious, effortless and reliable, what more do you want?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links