Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Installing Nextbase dash cam 300w.

Hi all.:driving:

This has taken a few weeks of my time but finally got it done.😃

If you saw my previous thread B****y Hell you will know the trouble I had.😐

I decided to wire the dash cam into the drivers side fuse box and use the cigarette lighter fuse after buying plastic tweezers managed to get fuse out.:clap:

Ran cable along top windscreen and down door pillar pushing it behind door trim and took the side panel of and placed cable behind cover wired up and away it went.

Pictures show the fuse box which is a nightmare to get at but if I can do it at 6foot tall it can be done just mind your back.!!!!

Pictures show tweezers I brought to get fuse out original fuses are tiny in length so if you are changing fuses make sure you get new ones as the one that came out would not go into the next base piggy back see picture of genuine Lexus fuse and Lexus dealer fuse.

Pictures might help but I got info from forum and YouTube video of how best to route wire and removal off end panels.

All items used are genuine NextBase items including the hardwire kit which we had from previous dash cam.

65mike:driving:

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1407.jpeg

IMG_1408.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

IMG_1410.jpeg

• Like 2

Well done Mike, ain't it SO frustrating when a job that we think will take an hour (or so) turns out to become a 'project'!

(Reading your previous thread - and the exasperating process you encountered with fuse removal - - I was going to type "Oh - Go get a grip man!"   (But thought it may have resulted in you throwing something across the garage 😉 - so I refrained)   

• Haha 1

Unfortunately Mike you seem to have nicked the cable so you'll have to sort that out or eventually it'll cause problems:

207901504_nickedcable.thumb.jpg.b8cd08c81937be43827d1a4d7150981f.jpg

And the piggyback connector looks like it needs to be pushed all the way in:

piggyback.thumb.jpg.4f5f20eeadb71f700a6e50b5865600ee.jpg

Other than that, good job sir :thumbsup:

Hi all:driving:

Herbie no offence intended but if you read the post you would see that the wiring was from a previous installation so could have been done then.😄

And the fuse is in the holder wether you think it is or not and it works fine.:wacko:

Iam happy to discuss fitting but do not expect to have my install pulled apart it works fine end off.:angry:

65mike:driving:

1 hour ago, 65mike said:

Herbie no offence intended but if you read the post you would see that the wiring was from a previous installation so could have been done then.

Doesn't matter when it was done Mike, the fact is it is damaged and so should not be left like that.

1 hour ago, 65mike said:

And the fuse is in the holder wether you think it is or not and it works fine

I can see it's in the holder but (a) it leaves a live conductor exposed for something to short on, no matter how unlikely that may be, and (b) given the state of our roads it may jiggle free and come out - leaving you thinking the camera is working when it isn't.

Only got your best interests at heart my friend and offering my opinion as a time-served electrician, it's your choice to take or ignore my opinion as you see fit.

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links