Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

INTERIOR QUALITY NX350/450h COMPARED TO NX300h

Is there anyone who agrees that the interior quality on the NX350/450h has taken a step down from the NX300h?

Both in looks and perceived quality if not usability.

l certainly think so and one of the sales guys at my local Lexus dealer agreed.

Mike

• Like 1

Disagree entirely. I thought my NX300h interior was great but distintly old school when compared to my 450h+. Some won't like the "piano black" but overall I think it looks fresh and modern. Passengers have particularly remarked upon the lighting effects at night. Fit and finish is superb and the contrast with the Hazel leather of my car looks good.

• Like 3

I also disagree. When we looked at swapping the RX for a smaller car 18 months ago 2 reasons stopped us considering the NX300, one was the quality of the interior (it was way off the RX quality) and the second was the gruffness of the engine.

Whilst I still don’t think the NX450h interior quality is as nice as the RX it is definitely IMO a step up from the NX300 and the engine is so much sweeter, almost 6 cylinder standard 

• Like 2

That’s what is so great about it. My other drive is a Tesla M3 and l look forward to getting back into the NX300h with its fantastic quality, old school clock, dials and an infotainment screen that does not dominate the dashboard. I still think the material quality on the 300h is better than the 350h if not it’s modernity and usability. I think this is the case with the German brands as well, their interior quality has taken a step back, you only have to compare the latest Audi and VW models with the previous gen models.

5 hours ago, Mike0811 said:

one of the sales guys at my local Lexus dealer agreed.

Sales people are paid to make you feel good, so will normally always agree with your opinion (unless it has to do with money 🙂 ). If someone else went in a said the new NX interior is so much better than the old one I'm sure the same person would agree with them.

Not sure there is a huge difference in the quality of materials between the two NXs, but I'd say generally quality has continued to decline in all Lexus models over the last 15 years.

• Like 3

I also have to disagree with you I'm afraid. 

Having owned a Gen 1 NX, and now a Gen 2, I must say that the Gen 2 comes out on top in most, if not all, aspects of the interior. 

The Gen 1 interior is very nice but the Gen 2 is a definite step up in terms of comfort, luxury, usability and fit and finish. For example, the infotainment system in the new NX is on a different planet compared to the previous one's clunky touchpad and operating system. 

I think the only thing I miss from the old NX is the anolog clock but I'm guessing that it probably wouldn't fit in with the modern layout in the new. 

• Like 1

I also have to disagree. I loved the gen 1 version but the gen 2 is definitely a step up.  I do find it darker inside and the fake leather isn’t quite as nice as the leather in the previous one.  But the infotainment is excellent and the MPG is much better.  
The fit and finish is also top notch.  And I love the new grill.

I do miss the analog clock.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 6:01 PM, Andy B said:

I think the only thing I miss from the old NX is the anolog clock but I'm guessing that it probably wouldn't fit in with the modern layout in the new. 

I have zero experience of Android Auto or apple Carplay,  ...but surely there must be an app for that?

Perhaps you could punt this to Lexus and ask if they allow user installed apps such as an Analog clock to be displayed on the console screen,  or even provide an embedded option in the media OS settings so you could change the digital clock to an Anaolg clock just as you can on your mobile devices.  

I agree, too much plastic on the dash rather than leather, piano black scratches easily and is a fingerprint magnet, as is the etch-a-sketch infotainment screen.

The steering wheel is a rebadged Toyota one, rather than having its own.
Prefer the tucked away in the centre armrest wireless charger, USB and accessory socket. The knurled physical switches, and the classic analogue clock. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links