Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential buyer roof question

RevPhilip

On 10/15/2022 at 10:15 PM, Lexiguy said:

Hi Philip

A friend of mine has two original Lexus chrome tailpipes in good condition for sale, so let me know if you need some, they are horrendously expensive if you buy them from Lexus!

Anthony

I sure do and they have cleaned up well.

ADA73DC7-3643-4C45-9028-CEE7831503DF.jpeg

CA8752A1-BDD1-416B-9D68-5401EEFFD66F.jpeg

CA529686-2A2A-42AD-A25D-8961E2EFFD90.jpeg

03CA4A4B-2F68-4B2F-89FC-151E6656356F.jpeg

153E58B1-4942-4FF0-B2B3-D00FF9BC11F7.jpeg

2F8A996E-524C-42E9-855E-44D03F0023D0.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, Bob King said:

Advert has been taken down so no idea of location ☹️.

Philip's location is Hertfordshire so he must be down South!

There again most people are when you live up North! 😁

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Up north is the other side of River Thames to me 😉😉

I have even heard news reporters quote Leicestershire as the north of the uk 😂😂😂

They ain’t got a clue 😂😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Russ59 said:

I have even heard news reporters quote Leicestershire as the north of the uk 😂😂😂

They ain’t got a clue 😂😂

Watford Gap in Northamptonshire is the North/South divide isn't it 😉 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Watford Gap in Northamptonshire is the North/South divide isn't it 😉 

Yeah, it’s always been said that southerners think the north starts at Watford gap😂😂

• Haha 2

Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of replies, but it has done a lot of raining since buying the car! 

I’ll try and post some photos tomorrow as I’m on holiday and it’s not supposed to rain much tomorrow…. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Morning, I’m another Phil and looking to buy an SC and interesting to see comments. My question is, would it be worth having the AA do an inspection before buying and what should they be on the lookout for.  TIA

• Like 1

Hi Phil H 

Welcome to Lexus Owners Club and for help you have come to the right place!

If you are buying from a Lexus dealer or an independent garage you would, of course have some comeback depending on the problem.

If you don't feel confident to appraise the vehicle you are looking at then perhaps using the AA or an independent inspector would be a wise move. 

You could ask the seller if they would mind if the nearest Lexus dealership did a healthcheck before you make a decision. 

Many people believe that a full Lexus service history is a must to ensure its pedigree. I reckon it is certainly desirable but a strong regular history shows its been looked after.

You could also consider are its tyres all the same reputable brand, also is there a sticker or entry in the service book which confirms its had cambelt change.

Checks like, are all dash warning lights working and do they all go out when it is started up.

Check the roof operation to affirm the mechanism and all the motors are working correctly.

Look for signs of water ingress into the passenger cabin or boot.

Does the sat nav and head unit all work properly.

Corrosion can also be an issue depending how it has been used and looked after 

Despite all the above, they are a fantastic car and I have enjoyed every minute I have owned one!

Kind regards, Anthony 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 12:33 AM, Lexiguy said:

Hi Phil H 

Welcome to Lexus Owners Club and for help you have come to the right place!

If you are buying from a Lexus dealer or an independent garage you would, of course have some comeback depending on the problem.

If you don't feel confident to appraise the vehicle you are looking at then perhaps using the AA or an independent inspector would be a wise move. 

You could ask the seller if they would mind if the nearest Lexus dealership did a healthcheck before you make a decision. 

Many people believe that a full Lexus service history is a must to ensure its pedigree. I reckon it is certainly desirable but a strong regular history shows its been looked after.

You could also consider are its tyres all the same reputable brand, also is there a sticker or entry in the service book which confirms its had cambelt change.

Checks like, are all dash warning lights working and do they all go out when it is started up.

Check the roof operation to affirm the mechanism and all the motors are working correctly.

Look for signs of water ingress into the passenger cabin or boot.

Does the sat nav and head unit all work properly.

Corrosion can also be an issue depending how it has been used and looked after 

Despite all the above, they are a fantastic car and I have enjoyed every minute I have owned one!

Kind regards, Anthony 

Hi Antony. In answer to your questions...

Full Lexus service history  ---- The car has been serviced every year at Lexus main dealer apart from the last two years. 

There a sticker or entry in the service book which confirms its had cambelt change ---- There is a sticker - 2016 from memory. 

Checks like, are all dash warning lights working and do they all go out when it is started up ----- No lights at all on start up.

Check the roof operation to affirm the mechanism and all the motors are working correctly ---- All good thankfully. If it didn't work well, I would not have bought it. I had problems with my IS250C roof. 

Look for signs of water ingress into the passenger cabin or boot --- I have got a leak in the boot, will be starting a new chat on that very soon. 

Does the sat nav and head unit all work properly --- All good, though I will be looking to replace it with a more modern unit.

Corrosion can also be an issue depending how it has been used and looked after ---  A few spots on the roof. 

Despite all the above, they are a fantastic car and I have enjoyed every minute I have owned one! --- I am loving every minute of it and enjoy it so much more than the John Cooper works convertible that I had before it. 

Thank you for you help and questions. 

Philip 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links