Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delivery Date mystery

I ordered my UX Takumi in February, having had very little update from the branch, I wrote to Lexus Direct. They informed me that outstanding February orders should be built in November with delivery in January.

i sent this information to the branch who replied that their latest ‘ETA’ tool is showing the car will be built in April 2023:for delivery in June 2023

Has anybody have similar experience?

• Sad 1

@Khayaletu Crikey 11 to 16 months delivery!!! I've got a MY2023 test drive booked in two weeks time and hopefully will be placing an order. I'll let you know what they say about delivery times.

I was hoping with the worsening economic climate, delivery times would now be getting better. Also Lexus aren't selling so many cars and I thought chip supply problems should now be easing. But Japan is suffering from a shortage of labour so perhaps that's constraining UX production capacity.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Khayaletu said:

I ordered my UX Takumi in February, having had very little update from the branch, I wrote to Lexus Direct. They informed me that outstanding February orders should be built in November with delivery in January.

i sent this information to the branch who replied that their latest ‘ETA’ tool is showing the car will be built in April 2023:for delivery in June 2023

Has anybody have similar experience?

I think there is something smelly here John, unless there is something specifically difficult building Takumis? My Premium plus with Sun roof (so slightly non main stream) was ordered in March and its on the boat with a November delivery date to me. Perhaps worth asking the dealer why others are getting theirs quicker?

I agree, I am not sure what has been going on. Many people on this site who ordered in February have already had their cars.

i think someone has ‘cocked up’ and will not admit it.

11 hours ago, Khayaletu said:

i think someone has ‘cocked up’ and will not admit it.

I agree, "***** up" seems the most likely explanation and thanks for pointing out this potential problem. If I decide to place an order, I'm going to insist the dealer earns their keep and provides monthly updates on the status of my order.

15 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

I think there is something smelly here John, unless there is something specifically difficult building Takumis? My Premium plus with Sun roof (so slightly non main stream) was ordered in March and its on the boat with a November delivery date to me. Perhaps worth asking the dealer why others are getting theirs quicker?

We ordered our UX Takumi in November 2021 and took delivery July 2022, so I think there is a longer wait specifically for the Takumi compared to other variants as I did hear others ordering after me and getting delivery before me but these were all not the Takumi.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Lexus have finally admitted they were at fault, my order, from February, has been ‘forgotten’ and not put in the build schedule. 
They have apologised, but I have just wasted 8 months waiting and am no nearer getting the car I ordered.

So I am afraid it is goodbye Lexus.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Khayaletu said:

Well Lexus have finally admitted they were at fault, my order, from February, has been ‘forgotten’ and not put in the build schedule. 
They have apologised, but I have just wasted 8 months waiting and am no nearer getting the car I ordered.

Shame, but I can see why you may feel like that.

16 hours ago, Khayaletu said:

Surprised you got just an apology. I had a few gripes about my delivery time for my first UX purchase and offers flowed from the dealer including two years free servicing, complimentary rubber mats to keep me sweet. Hope you find success elsewhere, your dealer screwed up big time there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links