Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

serious noises coming from the Engine - IS300H 2014 - video uploaded

Hi All, I own a 2014 Lexus IS300H with 2AR-FSE engine. suddenly the engine started to make a lot of noises (first it was just on cold idle and then it became permanently) please see the video attached. I have replaced the whole timing parts (including both intake and exhaust sprockets) +  i have even replaced the lifters (lash adjusters, the whole 16 pcs) rocker arms seemed fine so i haven't replaced it. no engine lights or errors (checked by techstream), the engine runs good, no misfires, just this loud noise. i am really desperate with this one. any advises?  

Thanks in advance! 

I'd recommend you get a cheap stethoscope to try and narrow down where the noise is coming from:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cht171-mechanics-stethoscope/

It could be an injector, fuel pump, cracked exhaust manifold in addition to something from within the engine.

• Like 1

Are there rotator caps on top of valve stems?  A shot in the dark, have they bottomed?  It does sound top end valve train. So strange no miss or lack of power?  Hope you soon find a solution.

• Like 1

Hi dear friends. thanks for commenting and helping. 

So, i think i may have found the problem, but i'm not sure. 

i used Techstream to control cylinders fuel cut (to isolate the injectors) and when i'm shuting them off, the sounds decreases substantially. I'm not sure if this is because of a faulty injectors (may be broken/cracked one?) or because of no fuel is injected to the engine. 

i have attached a video describing the procedure and the noise reduction while shutting off the injectors. 

what do you think? 

thanks! 

Start from the basics:

-First check engine oil level & are you using 0w20 grade oil

- Have you by any chance sprayed brake cleaner into the throttle body? Or drove through a deep puddle air filter may be soaked tell tale sign.

(Have heard this noise before on a petrol engine after cleaning the throttle body but it went away within 30 seconds.)

Could it be a bad batch of fuel, top it up with 5-10 litres of V power see if it dilutes the fuel to see if it makes a difference.

*Has this noise started after undertaking any maintenance?

If so try & trace it back to what work was done.

If it is a fuelling issue injectors or spark plugs you would expect a misfire or engine code.

• Like 2

That yoke is knocking a rod!  Close the bonnet and take a video of it from 10 feet away, if it sounds just as loud it's bottom end. 

If it sounds faint from 10 feet it's something smaller up top. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links