Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Roadside Assistance - clearing up some confusion

wharfhouse

I'm posting this in the Lexus IS 300h / IS 250 / IS 200t forum but appreciate that it may be of interest across other models too so admin, feel free to move it to an appropriate forum if that is the case.

Over the past few months, I have read (and contributed) to a few posts in different forums about confusion over the Lexus Roadside Assistance (LRA) and who is covered for what etc. I about to renew my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty which had included Lexus Roadside Assistance for both myself and my wife driving any car. Having read the Lexus Roadside Assistance website page and downloaded and read the various documents there is certainly a lot of room for confusion over the wording and potential contradictions between documents. As such, I emailed LRA with a detailed message about my own situation, the benefits I have had to date, and pointing out what the web page and each of the documents stated and why I was confused.

Today, I received a detailed answer from LRA - in fact it came from lexusoperations@theaa.com - I have cut and paste it below (with a few redactions of personal information) so that you can read it fully. It answers a lot of questions and clarifies the situation (as of today) - I hope that if you are looking at taking our or renewing LRA you find it useful. Note the sentence which explains what to do when calling in case of a breakdown for me or my spouse - i.e. quote the vehicle registration of the Lexus vehicle that the policy is associated with followed by the registration of the vehicle currently broken down (this ties up with what others have been told). And also note that UK and European cover are different - the latter being ONLY for the registered car (which I think was the case previously). Although it mentions about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (which I wanted to check does still include the LRA) everything else applies to the LRA in general.

Good Morning Mr X,

Thank you for contacting Lexus Roadside Assistance. Apologies for the delay in response. I understand that there is some confusion relating to the documentation provided on our website and I hope to alleviate any concerns you may have while answering the questions you posed to bring some clarity and peace of mind.

Further to your enquiry, I can confirm that both yourself; Mr X, and Mrs X; are both covered as an individual, whether in the capacity of a driver or passenger in any eligible vehicle under the current policy and under a Lexus Roadside Assistance Renewal where in the associated ‘Renewals Customer Terms of Service document, both you and your wife are there-in referred to as an ‘Authorised Driver’.

The Lexus vehicle that is registered with us; XYZ, is also covered, regardless of who is driving the vehicle, providing they are allowed to drive the aforementioned Lexus vehicle, outlined in ‘Renewals Customer Terms of Service as the ‘Registered Vehicle’.

Eligibility:

In order to provide assistance under the Lexus Roadside Assistance, the vehicle must adhere to the following criteria:

In the UK:

• Legal to drive: Road Tax, MOT (if required) and motor Insurance.
  • Fall within the following dimensions
    • Weight: 3.5 tonnes (3500kg).
    • Width 2.55m (8.38 ft).

When registering a breakdown, either you or your spouse would need to quote the vehicle registration of the Lexus vehicle that the policy is associated with. Upon passing the necessary Data Protection checks, you can then quote the registration of the vehicle currently broken down, irrespective of its manufacturer and; providing it falls within the above criteria, service will be provided in line with the entitlements of the policy. This is regardless of whether the ‘Authorised Driver’ is travelling as a driver or passenger in the vehicle experiencing the breakdown.

In Europe:

• Legal to drive: Road Tax, MOT, Insurance for driving overseas.
    • Width 2.3m (7.54 ft).
    • Height: 3m (9.84ft).
    • Length: 7m (23ft).

Under the Complimentary European cover, service will be provided only to the Registered Lexus vehicle.

The ‘Information about your breakdown cover contract’ document refers to the cover levels included within the Lexus Roadside Assistance and their associated Insurer. The product we offer at renewal is an insured product and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. While Lexus Roadside Assistance administer and arrange your cover, the services included in the cover are provided by the AA and therefore are covered by their associated insurer per product; either the AA Insurance Services and/or their underwriter; ACROMAS Insurance Company Ltd.

If you were to extend your Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty, the Lexus Roadside Assistance that is included is complimentary with the Warranty and therefore would fall under the ‘New Customer Terms of Service and not a Renewals Customer Terms of Service’ as you have not taken out a renewal direct with Lexus Roadside Assistance, instead with Lexus Extended Warranties. The Lexus 10 Year Plus Warranty is only available to purchase and renew through the Lexus Aftersales network.

In Summary, I can confirm the following:

• That the Lexus Roadside Assistance is still included in the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty.
  • The same benefits are included in the Lexus Roadside Assistance that is a part of the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. This does include the Lexus Registered Vehiclebeing covered and for you and your spouse to be covered in any vehicle that meets the above eligibility criteria.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to call on 0800 169 0393 and we’ll happily lend a helping hand.

Kind Regards

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

I'm posting this in the Lexus IS 300h / IS 250 / IS 200t forum but appreciate that it may be of interest across other models too so admin, feel free to move it to an appropriate forum if that is the case.

Over the past few months, I have read (and contributed) to a few posts in different forums about confusion over the Lexus Roadside Assistance (LRA) and who is covered for what etc. I about to renew my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty which had included Lexus Roadside Assistance for both myself and my wife driving any car. Having read the Lexus Roadside Assistance website page and downloaded and read the various documents there is certainly a lot of room for confusion over the wording and potential contradictions between documents. As such, I emailed LRA with a detailed message about my own situation, the benefits I have had to date, and pointing out what the web page and each of the documents stated and why I was confused.

Today, I received a detailed answer from LRA - in fact it came from lexusoperations@theaa.com - I have cut and paste it below (with a few redactions of personal information) so that you can read it fully. It answers a lot of questions and clarifies the situation (as of today) - I hope that if you are looking at taking our or renewing LRA you find it useful. Note the sentence which explains what to do when calling in case of a breakdown for me or my spouse - i.e. quote the vehicle registration of the Lexus vehicle that the policy is associated with followed by the registration of the vehicle currently broken down (this ties up with what others have been told). And also note that UK and European cover are different - the latter being ONLY for the registered car (which I think was the case previously). Although it mentions about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (which I wanted to check does still include the LRA) everything else applies to the LRA in general.

Good Morning Mr X,

Thank you for contacting Lexus Roadside Assistance. Apologies for the delay in response. I understand that there is some confusion relating to the documentation provided on our website and I hope to alleviate any concerns you may have while answering the questions you posed to bring some clarity and peace of mind.

Further to your enquiry, I can confirm that both yourself; Mr X, and Mrs X; are both covered as an individual, whether in the capacity of a driver or passenger in any eligible vehicle under the current policy and under a Lexus Roadside Assistance Renewal where in the associated ‘Renewals Customer Terms of Service document, both you and your wife are there-in referred to as an ‘Authorised Driver’.

The Lexus vehicle that is registered with us; XYZ, is also covered, regardless of who is driving the vehicle, providing they are allowed to drive the aforementioned Lexus vehicle, outlined in ‘Renewals Customer Terms of Service as the ‘Registered Vehicle’.

Eligibility:

In order to provide assistance under the Lexus Roadside Assistance, the vehicle must adhere to the following criteria:

In the UK:

• Legal to drive: Road Tax, MOT (if required) and motor Insurance.
    • Width 2.55m (8.38 ft).

When registering a breakdown, either you or your spouse would need to quote the vehicle registration of the Lexus vehicle that the policy is associated with. Upon passing the necessary Data Protection checks, you can then quote the registration of the vehicle currently broken down, irrespective of its manufacturer and; providing it falls within the above criteria, service will be provided in line with the entitlements of the policy. This is regardless of whether the ‘Authorised Driver’ is travelling as a driver or passenger in the vehicle experiencing the breakdown.

In Europe:

• Legal to drive: Road Tax, MOT, Insurance for driving overseas.
    • Width 2.3m (7.54 ft).
    • Height: 3m (9.84ft).
    • Length: 7m (23ft).

Under the Complimentary European cover, service will be provided only to the Registered Lexus vehicle.

The ‘Information about your breakdown cover contract’ document refers to the cover levels included within the Lexus Roadside Assistance and their associated Insurer. The product we offer at renewal is an insured product and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. While Lexus Roadside Assistance administer and arrange your cover, the services included in the cover are provided by the AA and therefore are covered by their associated insurer per product; either the AA Insurance Services and/or their underwriter; ACROMAS Insurance Company Ltd.

If you were to extend your Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty, the Lexus Roadside Assistance that is included is complimentary with the Warranty and therefore would fall under the ‘New Customer Terms of Service and not a Renewals Customer Terms of Service’ as you have not taken out a renewal direct with Lexus Roadside Assistance, instead with Lexus Extended Warranties. The Lexus 10 Year Plus Warranty is only available to purchase and renew through the Lexus Aftersales network.

In Summary, I can confirm the following:

• That the Lexus Roadside Assistance is still included in the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty.
  • The same benefits are included in the Lexus Roadside Assistance that is a part of the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. This does include the Lexus Registered Vehiclebeing covered and for you and your spouse to be covered in any vehicle that meets the above eligibility criteria.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to call on 0800 169 0393 and we’ll happily lend a helping hand.

Kind Regards

Very good Phil and thoughtful of you to try to steer a way through what has for some people been a confusing situation.

My 10 year plus extended warranty began on 1st October and as yet I have heard nothing from anybody. I will address that matter on the telephone tomorrow.

One important matter to bear in mind is that when overseas it is only the members Lexus vehicle which will be attended. This has not been the case until now.

Perhaps the mods might make your posting above a "sticky" to appear before the  list of Forums so that it can be referred to by all members in future ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Very good Phil and thoughtful of you to try to steer a way through what has for some people been a confusing situation.

My 10 year plus extended warranty began on 1st October and as yet I have heard nothing from anybody. I will address that matter on the telephone tomorrow.

One important matter to bear in mind is that when overseas it is only the members Lexus vehicle which will be attended. This has not been the case until now.

Perhaps the mods might make your posting above a "sticky" to appear before the  list of Forums so that it can be referred to by all members in future ?

Will be good to hear what you find out tomorrow on the LRA - my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty renews 5th November - and thanks for clarifying about the change when in Europe. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this Phil excellent post. My 3 year LRA will expire next Sept i intend to renew Expecting them to contact me near the time and offer me something. Remember when i purchased your covered if your in another car. But as John points out only the registered Lexus vehicle when abroad. Good post  Phil.

• Thanks 1

Can I please check something with you? How can I renew LRA? When I bought a used car last year I was offered LRA for just 1 year and is about to end and I am unsure on how to get it renewed. After reading your post it looks like LRA can be renewed for a couple of years that sounds great but I am lacking the knowledge of getting it extended. Can you please suggest?

2 hours ago, Gaurav Bhandari said:

Can I please check something with you? How can I renew LRA? When I bought a used car last year I was offered LRA for just 1 year and is about to end and I am unsure on how to get it renewed. After reading your post it looks like LRA can be renewed for a couple of years that sounds great but I am lacking the knowledge of getting it extended. Can you please suggest?

LRA can be renewed through the Lexus website: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/Roadside-assistance

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Why would one wish to buy 1 or 2 years Maurice, is it not free with the Lexus Warranty ?

No John. Only with the 10+ year extended Warranty. If your car is less than 10 years but more than 3 years old you only have Lexus Relax, which does not include LRA. 

3 minutes ago, Moleman said:

No John. Only with the 10+ year extended Warranty. If your car is less than 10 years but more than 3 years old you only have Lexus Relax, which does not include LRA. 

Thanks Maurice.I seem to be out of touch.Back to my Weetabix !

17 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Will be good to hear what you find out tomorrow on the LRA - my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty renews 5th November - and thanks for clarifying about the change when in Europe. 

Phil, did you get a prompt/reminder to renew your 10 year plus extended warranty, or did you have to ask the dealer to renew it?

3 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

LRA can be renewed through the Lexus website: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/Roadside-assistance

2 hours ago, Moleman said:

As above and you can purchase a two year plan.

Sorry for a follow up question, is there a way I can find out the end date for current Road site assistance? Or do I need to call dealer to find it out?

Just now, Bluemarlin said:

Phil, did you get a prompt/reminder to renew your 10 year plus extended warranty, or did you have to ask the dealer to renew it?

No I didn't get a prompt/reminder - I rang my local dealer service desk to renew as my current one had less than a month to run - my local dealer is part of a group and so my call went through to their central call handling - and initially the person I spoke to there didn't know about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty - but I explained that I had it in place at the moment so she said that she would get back to me. The local Lexus service person (who I deal with when I take my car in and so I know quite well) then called me back (so she must have passed the call to him) and he renewed it over the phone with no problem and the paperwork was emailed to me within an hour.

So - moral of my story is don't wait for a renewal notice or call but make the call yourself - and not all Lexus dealer personnel know about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty so be prepared to do some education...! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Gaurav Bhandari said:

Sorry for a follow up question, is there a way I can find out the end date for current Road site assistance? Or do I need to call dealer to find it out?

If you bought the car used and it came with the LRA as part of the used car 1 year warranty then it would expire 12 months after you purchased the car. Other than that if you don't have any other paperwork I think it will be a call to the dealer or you could try emailing lra@lexus.co.uk and quote your car registration number. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Phil. I'm prepared, as the dealer I took mine out with (Battersea) has since shut, and so I've contacted Guildford, who are aware that such a thing exits, but have never processed one before. I'm currently waiting for the service manager to look into it and get back to me.

Just now, wharfhouse said:

If you bought the car used and it came with the LRA as part of the used car 1 year warranty then it would expire 12 months after you purchased the car. Other than that if you don't have any other paperwork I think it will be a call to the dealer or you could try emailing lra@lexus.co.uk and quote your ref number. 

Perfect thanks, just ringed this number: 0800-169-0393 and they were able to help. I wanted to do a RSA for 2 years but unfortunetely they do not refund the amount if I happen to sell the car (I do not intend to, but circumstances might change to swap IS300 for an NX from them). So, will just do it for another year now and will renew it next year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Thanks Phil. I'm prepared, as the dealer I took mine out with (Battersea) has since shut, and so I've contacted Guildford, who are aware that such a thing exits, but have never processed one before. I'm currently waiting for the service manager to look into it and get back to me.

OK - I would have thought that Lexus Guildford would know what to do - fingers crossed it all goes through without any hassle for you. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wharfhouse said:

OK - I would have thought that Lexus Guildford would know what to do - fingers crossed it all goes through without any hassle for you. 

I have just spoken with L.R.A. and they confirm that I am covered by the facility up and including 30 September 2023.

I took out a 10 year plus extended warranty with Lexus Chester wef 1 October and it is their responsibility to issue any documentation in respect of R.A. It is clear to me that the A.A. and Lexus are the Parties to an Agreement, to which we (you and me) as Owners are beneficiaries. So, if you require evidence of your entitlement to benefit, ask the Dealer which issued the Warranty to you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I have just spoken with L.R.A. and they confirm that I am covered by the facility up and including 30 September 2023.

I took out a 10 year plus extended warranty with Lexus Chester wef 1 October and it is their responsibility to issue any documentation in respect of R.A. It is clear to me that the A.A. and Lexus are the Parties to an Agreement, to which we (you and me) as Owners are beneficiaries. So, if you require evidence of your entitlement to benefit, ask the Dealer which issued the Warranty to you. 

That's good info - seems that there may be something of a gap between AA and Lexus with regards communicating with the Lexus customers. But from everything we now know the LRA is in place with the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty and we know what it covers. I will keep the email I received (and posted here) in a safe place in case I need to refer to it at all in the future! 

18 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

That's good info - seems that there may be something of a gap between AA and Lexus with regards communicating with the Lexus customers. But from everything we now know the LRA is in place with the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty and we know what it covers. I will keep the email I received (and posted here) in a safe place in case I need to refer to it at all in the future! 

Good thinking Phil.

Would you like to approach the mods about producing a "sticky" so that all members can find it ? 

57 minutes ago, Gaurav Bhandari said:

Perfect thanks, just ringed this number: 0800-169-0393 and they were able to help. I wanted to do a RSA for 2 years but unfortunetely they do not refund the amount if I happen to sell the car (I do not intend to, but circumstances might change to swap IS300 for an NX from them). So, will just do it for another year now and will renew it next year.

Did you ask if you can transfer to another Lexus if this happens?

Just now, Moleman said:

No, but they said the RSA remains with the car and if you happen to sell the car, the RSA will be automatically transferred to the buyer as it remains with the Car. As per them this change they did it quite recently.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Good thinking Phil.

Would you like to approach the mods about producing a "sticky" so that all members can find it ? 

Good thought - not sure how threads are made "sticky" - @ColinBarber is this something you can do? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moleman said:

No, Maurice, I think it more appropriate to ask that question of the DEALER as one of the two Principal Parties setting up the Arrangement.

Perhaps you could do that ?

39 minutes ago, Gaurav Bhandari said:

No, but they said the RSA remains with the car and if you happen to sell the car, the RSA will be automatically transferred to the buyer as it remains with the Car. As per them this change they did it quite recently.

I do not think that is quite right.

The owner of the car buys the warranty and the warranty has the L.R.A. riding tandem. If the new owner of the car does not buy and pay for the warranty there is no L.R.A riding tandem, is there ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links