Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealer Service in Under One Hour...

NemesisUK

All services are scheduled based on them taking a set amount of time. They take into account the fact that other things will need doing across a certain percentage of cars, people will bring their car in for an urgent quick fix, people will bring their car back because of a problem with the service etc. etc.

I've always been able to wait for a minor service to be done, and they will schedule vehicles based on when people will be collecting them.

There really is nothing new here, other than getting a major service done quickly by getting two people to work on a car simultaneously. I imagine they will restrict how many while your wait services will be carried out in a single day. The majority of people will still arrive early, go away in a courtesy car and collect late.

This may just be a cost saving measure by not having to purchase so many courtesy cars.

13 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

All services are scheduled based on them taking a set amount of time. They take into account the fact that other things will need doing across a certain percentage of cars, people will bring their car in for an urgent quick fix, people will bring their car back because of a problem with the service etc. etc.

I've always been able to wait for a minor service to be done, and they will schedule vehicles based on when people will be collecting them.

There really is nothing new here, other than getting a major service done quickly by getting two people to work on a car simultaneously. I imagine they will restrict how many while your wait services will be carried out in a single day. The majority of people will still arrive early, go away in a courtesy car and collect late.

This may just be a cost saving measure by not having to purchase so many courtesy cars.

That is true when it is averaged throughout the day, so it does not matter if 5 cars takes 1.5 hours, 5 cars takes 0.5h... 10 cars still overall take 1 hours each. And if they see more work needs to be done and has been approved they may tell to customer no to come to collect that day and keep courtesy car for another 2 days maybe. But if you have customer waiting expecting the job to be done in 45 minutes from now... and this can't be done, then there is an issue. Usually they won't have spare courtesy cars available on the day and it will be just bad customer service to say - "well sorry you will miss whatever you planned for today, because your 1 hours service will take 3 days now".

So that is basically the way I responded to the survey - I said, if it is provided at the same cost, then I may by interested... but I still prefer dropping the car off in the morning and taking courtesy car, because that way I am not dependant on any unforeseen circumstances. When customer is waiting, it is always much more complex to deal with that.

• Like 1

Giving the customer extra choice can only a good thing here. Some people will want to wait, others not.

If extra work is needed then I expect the customer to be given the choice of waiting longer or coming back another time. Obviously if something happens and they cannot give the car back in a roadworthy condition then they will have to wait - something the customer needs to consider when choosing the while-you-wait option.

The winners here will be people that live far away from a Lexus dealer. It's possible to live up to 1.5 hours away from your nearest dealer, so you could waste 6 hours if you took a courtesy car option, compared to 4 hours if you waited an hour. Even worse if you weren't happy with your nearest dealer and had to travel even further. 

On 10/23/2022 at 11:38 PM, ALAW said:

While we are on about servicing i remember you could have a video of it being worked on and they would call you up if something needed more attention. Cant remember think it was BMW or Audi. I dont think it would be a bad thing if they had a vid over the bay when your car was been serviced you could then see the service carried out.

I’m sure last time I had my ISF in at Edinburgh I was sent a video by the dealer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Giving the customer extra choice can only a good thing here. Some people will want to wait, others not.

If extra work is needed then I expect the customer to be given the choice of waiting longer or coming back another time. Obviously if something happens and they cannot give the car back in a roadworthy condition then they will have to wait - something the customer needs to consider when choosing the while-you-wait option.

The winners here will be people that live far away from a Lexus dealer. It's possible to live up to 1.5 hours away from your nearest dealer, so you could waste 6 hours if you took a courtesy car option, compared to 4 hours if you waited an hour. Even worse if you weren't happy with your nearest dealer and had to travel even further. 

As someone that lives 90 mins from my nearest dealer, the RCF will be getting a while you wait service in Jan.  May go for a wander around other garages outside but can’t be spending all day waiting for the car.

18 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I’m sure last time I had my ISF in at Edinburgh I was sent a video by the dealer.

I was sent a video by the dealer when I had my last service a few weeks ago, as well as the service before. It was basically just showing that the brakes and tyres had plenty of life left, as there were no issues to highlight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

As someone that lives 90 mins from my nearest dealer, the RCF will be getting a while you wait service in Jan.  May go for a wander around other garages outside but can’t be spending all day waiting for the car.

Why not ask them to come and collect your car for Service and return it to you free of charge ?

Plenty of Lexus Dealers do that in  England Marcus.

eg Liverpool to Conway and return.

38 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Why not ask them to come and collect your car for Service and return it to you free of charge ?

If they are able to do that for free then I can imagine the type of person they have employed, and there is no way I'm letting them drive my F car!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

If they are able to do that for free then I can imagine the type of person they have employed, and there is no way I'm letting them drive my F car!

I take it that the F is not short for an expletive Colin.🤣🤣

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

I take it that the F is not short for an expletive Colin.🤣🤣

🤣 no. I'm never particularly happy for other people to drive my cars, but in this instance I was specifically referring to 400+ bhp Lexus Fuji Speedway division 'F' vehicles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Quite like the day out to be honest, wander about dealers and see cars!  
Wife won’t be there so can do man stuff!

Wouldnt want them driving my car either to be honest. Not particularly distrusting but it’s my safe space!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Quite like the day out to be honest, wander about dealers and see cars!  
Wife won’t be there so can do man stuff!

Wouldnt want them driving my car either to be honest. Not particularly distrusting but it’s my safe space!!!

I quite like the day out too. I put my folding bike in the back and then go for a bike ride while they're servicing the car.

9 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Those options are distance limited, they had both "pick-up service" and "taxi service". It doesn't say anywhere officially, but I have estimated (by using different postcodes and Woodford Lexus) it is ~15 miles for pick-up and from my experience I know they only drive you to nearest station with taxi option. Maybe this limit warries from dealer to dealer, but they certainly wouldn't drive to pick-up car across the country. So basically if you are too far it simply going to say that there are no free slots for that service. 

36 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Those options are distance limited, they had both "pick-up service" and "taxi service". It doesn't say anywhere officially, but I have estimated (by using different postcodes and Woodford Lexus) it is ~15 miles for pick-up and from my experience I know they only drive you to nearest station with taxi option. Maybe this limit warries from dealer to dealer, but they certainly wouldn't drive to pick-up car across the country. So basically if you are too far it simply going to say that there are no free slots for that service. 

Hello Linas old Buddy.

If a Dealer wants your business, he will offer to collect your collect and return your vehicle.

The Dealer in Bolton offered to collect and deliver my GS A total of 58 miles round trip.

The distance from Liverpool to CONWAY and return is 110 miles.

Some Dealers will and some will not.

If one does not ask, then one will not receive.

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Hello Linas old Buddy.

If a Dealer wants your business, he will offer to collect your collect and return your vehicle.

The Dealer in Bolton offered to collect and deliver my GS A total of 58 miles round trip.

The distance from Liverpool to CONWAY and return is 110 miles.

Some Dealers will and some will not.

If one does not ask, then one will not receive.

I am sure they will be willing to travel further in country side. As I said my example was for Woodford which is in London. Besides It is probably quicker to drive 110 miles in country side than 15 in this hell hole. My point is simply that - there is a limit on how far they will go to collect the car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links