Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smart Key Card programmed to my 2006 IS250

I've been wanting to get one of the Lexus credit card style smart key cards for my 2006 IS250 for some time. Eventually got it done few months ago and thought i'd share the results. This mod is very popular in the american forums. But unfortunately as Europe uses a different frequency we cannot go based on the findings from the american IS owners who have successfully done this mod. 

I managed to get hold a second-hand key card for £35 and spent £10 getting it blanked out. I was then able to successfully programme it to my car using Techstream (Picture below). The card was in bad cosmetic condition, so I refinished it and upgraded the Battery cover to the F version. Below are some pictures of the process and a few video demos. This key card works on all 2IS including the ISF.

001.thumb.jpg.a6074d09c7c1744647a060c093adec92.jpg

20220613_191510.thumb.jpg.8ec78697e82834431a23a28e230836d7.jpg

002.thumb.jpg.d696a0ff46ec366a9b30ccd7c16f5308.jpg

003.thumb.jpg.2a54079ee7d63163cadcea91a6f6f7c8.jpg

004.thumb.jpg.400b45e1826f3ec8a013af8a8d4d599e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Blimey Ahmed. I didn't even know those cards existed. Better than the 'bulky' key fob. 

Where did you get it from? Mind you needing techstream is enough to put me off lol.

Great work m8 👍

3 hours ago, normski2 said:

You are one clever chap Ahmed 👏👏

🙂 Thank you Normski, glad to see you are still active here 🙂 

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Blimey Ahmed. I didn't even know those cards existed. Better than the 'bulky' key fob. 

Where did you get it from? Mind you needing techstream is enough to put me off lol.

Great work m8 👍

Thanks Vladimir 🙂These key cards been around since the 2005/2006 LS I believe. And there is only one particular one that works on the 2IS and the it has to be a very specific one. I'll try and dig up the info on the exact details and post it up.

I got it on eBay, but there are lots on eBay some even falsely claiming it's compatible but i've done some extensive testing and come to conclusion that only one specific card actually works on the 2IS including the Isf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dking22 said:

Who did reset the old card? Too bad that this process cant be done with techstream.

I got it done at a local locksmith who has the tool to erase Toyota smart keys. In the past I used a chap who I posted it to and he posted it back for similar price plus postage. You will find some locksmiths have the hardware to erase these keys. Techstream can’t be used for it. Hence why if you take a used key to Toyota or Lexus they will just tell you it’s. It possible to programme a used key. 

You absolute legend Ahmed - I believed this was impossible in the UK on older cars due to the frequency used!

A number of people on this or other forums had said it was not possible but you have proved them wrong!

Do you mind sharing the model number of the key? As you say there are loads on eBay but it's important to buy the correct one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AFlex said:

You absolute legend Ahmed - I believed this was impossible in the UK on older cars due to the frequency used!

A number of people on this or other forums had said it was not possible but you have proved them wrong!

Do you mind sharing the model number of the key? As you say there are loads on ebay but it's important to buy the correct one.

Thanks. Sure I’ll share the details of the card that works later on in the week as I’m currently out of town.

• 3 months later...
On 10/24/2022 at 11:52 AM, ahmed24 said:

Thanks. Sure I’ll share the details of the card that works later on in the week as I’m currently out of town.

Any details on the card number required for an IS?

I know this is an old thread, just on the hunt for the card.

2 hours ago, RichGS11 said:

Any details on the card number required for an IS?

I know this is an old thread, just on the hunt for the card.

The keycard that's compatible with the 2IS including the ISF is from a Lexus LS460 and has a code of 14ABC however to confuse the matter, there are two variations of 14ABC. One is made for the Lexus LS600h and the other is for LS460. The one that works on the 2IS including ISF must have a physical label looking like below. Notice the marking saying POSTEL/2007. That’s the important stuff. I've found from trial and error that only the 14ABC with the POSTEL/2007 marking as per picture below works on the 2IS and ISF.

keycard-marking.thumb.jpg.e81ec3ed9409b1b864613388bd71d228.jpg

The other version of the 14ABC that does NOT work looks like the picture below, so avoid key cards looking like the picture below.

keycard-marking-noncompatible.thumb.jpg.9dacbfd38ff3f1f8165dbfb1b5999d67.jpg

If you buy second-hand, remember it will need to be erased by a locksmith who can erase the Toyota Smart Chip keys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ahmed24 said:

The keycard that's compatible with the 2IS including the ISF is from a Lexus LS460 and has a code of 14ABC however to confuse the matter, there are two variations of 14ABC. One is made for the Lexus LS600h and the other is for LS460. The one that works on the 2IS including ISF must have a physical label looking like below. Notice the marking saying POSTEL/2007. That’s the important stuff. I've found from trial and error that only the 14ABC with the POSTEL/2007 marking as per picture below works on the 2IS and ISF.

keycard-marking.thumb.jpg.e81ec3ed9409b1b864613388bd71d228.jpg

The other version of the 14ABC that does NOT work looks like the picture below, so avoid key cards looking like the picture below.

keycard-marking-noncompatible.thumb.jpg.9dacbfd38ff3f1f8165dbfb1b5999d67.jpg

If you buy second-hand, remember it will need to be erased by a locksmith who can erase the Toyota Smart Chip keys.

That's amazing and a perfect response for me to understand so thank you so much!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links