Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Headlight washers caps?

On 11/8/2022 at 2:54 PM, ahmed24 said:

If the entire cap fell off, could have been that inner piece was already damaged. That's the main piece that keeps the cover attached to the nozzle itself. Or maybe some thief stole it 🙂 

I don't remember which side fell off in the car wash. I was thinking, maybe it was the same side and I just didn't stick it in properly. Or maybe the car wash damaged it when it took it off, and it's why it fell again, as you say, because they were damaged. But I really don't remember which side it was. 

But I thief a don't believe. These cars are as rare as hen's teeth here. Specially where it was parked, the chances of somebody who owns another IS walking by and taking it for their own car is smaller than winning the lotery I would say. 🙂 A vandal is more likely. 

• 2 weeks later...

So as it turns out, I still haven't got around to buy this. The seler on eBay I was going to buy the retainer from sold his last. So I contacted Lexus about the cap and the price is not bad compared to eBay. Specially that the only one for the left side I found is white. So I would have to paint it. From Lexus it costs 40 plus tax and I would have the correct color. But I need to know the part number for the retainer too so I can order them together. But I can't find that. The part number 8520753040 which was on the eBay listing for the retainer seems to be for the complete  nozzle system. Anybody would know the part number for this:

clip.jpg

1 hour ago, Lex_utor said:

So as it turns out, I still haven't got around to buy this. The seler on ebay I was going to buy the retainer from sold his last. So I contacted Lexus about the cap and the price is not bad compared to Ebay. Specially that the only one for the left side I found is white. So I would have to paint it. From Lexus it costs 40 plus tax and I would have the correct color. But I need to know the part number for the retainer too so I can order them together. But I can't find that. The part number 8520753040 which was on the ebay listing for the retainer seems to be for the complete  nozzle system. Anybody would know the part number for this:

clip.jpg

Contact Lexus Parts Direct, they sell it for £23.21 plus postage. The connecting clip part number is 8520753040 and here's a few links on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402726262293 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402859319219 

You can get it much cheaper from AliExpress if you are willing to wait ofcourse.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ahmed24 said:

Contact Lexus Parts Direct, they sell it for £23.21 plus postage. The connecting clip part number is 8520753040 and here's a link on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402726262293

You can get it much cheaper from AliExpress if you are willing to wait ofcourse.

Thanks. Problem is I'm in Continental Europe and things from the UK after Brexit take ages and end up more expensive. Also, since eBay doesn't have the correct cap in Europe, I need to order the cap from my Lexus dealer here. And it would be good to order the connecting clip together with the cap. I want to have it within the next 2 weeks as I'm going on holidays with the car in 2 weeks.

But so the 8520753040 from the eBay listing is correct? I thought it was wrong because when I googled that part number the result was this part:

Waschwasserdüse, Scheinwerferreinigung für LEXUS IS II Limousine (XE20)  günstig online kaufen ▷ AUTODOC Katalog

4 hours ago, ahmed24 said:

Contact Lexus Parts Direct, they sell it for £23.21 plus postage. The connecting clip part number is 8520753040

I ran that number on Lexus Parts Direct and it didn't find it. It's not online? Thanks

Just now, Lex_utor said:

I ran that number on Lexus Parts Direct and it didn't find it. It's not online? Thanks

If i remember correctly, that part isn't sold sperately by lexus hence you wont find it. It's part of the entire washer jet. You have to buy it as a aftermarket replacement from links like the example i sent

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ahmed24 said:

If i remember correctly, that part isn't sold sperately by lexus hence you wont find it. It's part of the entire washer jet. You have to buy it as a aftermarket replacement from links like the example i sent

Aha! That explains a lot. 🙂 This is why I only find the whole jet when I google that part number. Pity. Ok, so I guess I will have to order from eBay. Thanks a lot for your help with this the entire time. 

On 11/25/2022 at 1:55 PM, Lex_utor said:

Aha! That explains a lot. 🙂 This is why I only find the whole jet when I google that part number. Pity. Ok, so I guess I will have to order from Ebay. Thanks a lot for your help with this the entire time. 

Did you manage to get yourself a new clip? If not, I have a spare new one I can send you if you cover the postage cost

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 1:19 PM, ahmed24 said:

Did you manage to get yourself a new clip? If not, I have a spare new one I can send you if you cover the postage cost

Yes, I ordered it from eBay that same day.  So I'm good. But that's very kind of you. Thanks a lot just the same! 🙂 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, reviving an older thread on this subject. My headlight washers don’t work nor do I want them to work as I only drive the car in the summer and it gets the number dirty when I use it. I just want to glue the cap on the bumper and wondering what type of glue or silicone I should use to do this. Anyone ever done this or can recommend something?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, winters said:

Hey guys, reviving an older thread on this subject. My headlight washers don’t work nor do I want them to work as I only drive the car in the summer and it gets the number dirty when I use it. I just want to glue the cap on the bumper and wondering what type of glue or silicone I should use to do this. Anyone ever done this or can recommend something?

Thanks!

I assume your car has HID headlight if it has washers. It would therefore be an MOT failure if your washers aren’t working.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links