Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, am looking for any recommendations for tyres for my fourth gen GS300H. I have always bought Dunlop Sport  Maxx but feel like a change. I’ve heard good things about Michelin Cross Climates. Lexus can supply and fit Cross Climates for £185 per wheel and Sport Maxx for £135. I obviously prefer the price of the latter! 
Can any current or ex GS300H owners recommend anything else? I’ve 18inch wheels and prefer comfort and quietness over handling prowess. However, safety and longevity are also important factors. I currently do about 7,000 miles per annum. 
Thanks. 

I personally don't like to spend money on premium brand tyres, especially if I do a low mileage per year. I have read good reviews for Debica Presto UHP2: the brand is owned by Goodyear and they're produced in the same factory as Goodyear tyres and I have read with the same quality standards as Goodyear but for a lower price. For my next tyres I think I will choose Debica for my GS. My suggestion is to Google them and read the reviews unless you really prefer premium brand tyres.

Thanks. Interesting reviews. Am struggling to find the price though! Is there any specific tyre shops that do them? Have always had my tyres changed at Lexus as I know they know what to do with regards to the tpms. 

I don't mind spending decent money on tyres assuming they last their lifetime, my only concern being the high cost of replacement if I get a puncture.  With that in mind I did notice recently that National Tyres offer an accidental damage guarantee for £7.50 a tyre for tyres supplied by them.

• Thanks 1

Blackcircles currently offering 15% off all CrossClimates until the end of the month.

1082972717_BlackcirclesSale-Upto15OFFselectedMichelinand10OFFselectedContinentaltyres.thumb.png.10f6ec3514a946bfb3f7637f4434e2b0.png

I'd imagine that would make them a fair bit cheaper than going to Lexus. Or, you could ask them if they'll match the discounted price and still get them there.

I do believe all Tyre fitting places will not damage the TPMS as they would have to repair it My Local Tyre Fitting Org Manor Tyres Stainforth as looked after me for years and Never once have i had any problems with TPMS my latest Tyres are Goodyear Eagles and are whisper Quiet when i bought the car They had Bridgestones Potema i think that was name they were horrendously noisy.

Also Hankook are a nice quiet and  good wearing Tyre i had those on my Previous Mk4

Camskill price for 235/45r18 cross climates is £151.05. 

i had these delivered to lexus where they fitted them for £10 each when servicing car. They are quiet with a good ride. 

Ensure correct speed rating is fitted. Recently a garage fitted wrong speed rating tyres. My insurer stated I was not insured, I negotiated replacement tyres of correct speed rating.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links