Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Clean Air Zones

Phil xxkr

I have just received a letter from Bristol Council advising me my Jaguar Reg was identified as being in their CAZ and that from 28th November I will subject to a fine for doing so. Now this is all well and good but I wasn't within 100 miles of Bristol on that day 🤯. When I called the support number I was told to ignore it as some of the ANPR cameras aren't recording correctly 🤯🤯🤯. Now my plate is a XK specific 5 digit number so can't imagine it's been cloned. The same firm, probably Serco, are also doing Birmingham and no doubt a town near you soon. Can you imagine the distress this could cause after the 28th in being issued a false notice? Motoring in this country is getting grimmer by the day. 😕

• Like 1

Yes Phil you're bang on. Just watched a TV programme about cops catching Britain's speeders. Apparently a Skoda had flagged ANPR and was hunted down by both marked and un-marked cop cars. A whole two lane carriageway was stopped whilst the cops from 3 or 4 cars harried the driver. Fact is the reg on this skoda was inputted wrong by ONE digit. The driver was let go. A clerical error resulting in a Tpac from the police and hundreds of motorists waiting on a carriageway for a good few minutes. 

ANPR seems a good thing but unfortunately it's down to a human inputting info into the system. And we All make mishtakes sometimes. 

• Like 1

It's getting crazy with all these zones and low traffic neighbourhoods. I don't mind the principle so much, it's just that they're not always obviously marked, and are easy to miss; especially if you're used to driving on such a road regularly.

On the plus side,  I once returned to my car just as a warden was ticketing it. Upon looking at the ticket I saw that he'd got a digit wrong, so I smiled at him as I tore up ticket and drove off.  Never heard anything about it 🙂

• Like 2

Yes isn't human error brilliant? lol

Anyway clean air zones. What a con. A city can be a clean air zone But the motorway that runs right through the centre of it Isn't a clean air zone. Where's the sence in that? There just isn't any.

Last time we drove in London (and believe me it WAS the last time) we were skirting the CZ for miles, it was like a game of snakes and ladders, oops can’t turn left here…..aha turn right there…..oops U turn here or we’re for it…..second exit here…….and one more scare by one junction and we were heading home free from a fine……no fun at all.

I remember I used to nip through the middle of London as a short cut to the West Country from Essex!

Blimey David your story reminded me of a similar tail. Years ago when I was first married I took the then wife to South London (don't ask where as I can't remember lol) to a dolls house fair (she was well into dolls houses and by eck so are many others and some of the houses go fir hundreds of pounds). Anyway on the way there we went around on the M25. Coming back I thought we'd go straight up. BIG MISTAKE. It was the most frustrating drive I've ever had and I've not been to London since and never will. That would have been early to mid 90's. I bet its even worse now.

15 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Blimey David your story reminded me of a similar tail. Years ago when I was first married I took the then wife to South London (don't ask where as I can't remember lol) to a dolls house fair (she was well into dolls houses and by eck so are many others and some of the houses go fir hundreds of pounds). Anyway on the way there we went around on the M25. Coming back I thought we'd go straight up. BIG MISTAKE. It was the most frustrating drive I've ever had and I've not been to London since and never will. That would have been early to mid 90's. I bet its even worse now.

Nipping through London ended in the early eighties, after that it started to become a nightmare, up until the late 70’s I worked in SW1 and drove up every day, was easy back then especially with parking provided, but now I wouldn’t even want to visit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links