Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Journey Towards Owning A RX450H

5 hours ago, matinzk said:

Thank you for all the information guys. What is the annual road tax for the 2017, 2018 or 2019 model year?

For RXs first registered upto and including 31st March 2017, the current rate is £165 per year. For RXs first registered after that date, the current rate is £510 per year (£155 rate for alternative fuel cars, plus £355 for cars with an original list price greater than £40k, until the car reaches 6 years of age).

On 12/6/2022 at 1:05 PM, mitadoc said:

These thoughts ( to cancel NX350h and get RX450h instead) are quite familiar to me as well.

It is just getting ridiculous now with those waiting times. But I can consider preowned 22 plate, for example.

Hello Dimi,

Yes, the waiting times for the new NX350H are ridiculous. Since the new model was launched there has been two price increases, I wonder if the dealerships will honour the original price of the vehicle when the order was placed? The last time that I spoke to my Lexus dealer, I was informed that they were no longer taking orders for the NX350H.

I know that some dealerships bought some new stock of the RX450H before it was discontinued, you might be lucky and still obtain a new RX450H (old model) at are greatly reduced price. There are also some very good low mileage preowned RX models on the market, and I am sure the dealerships would give you a very good deal at this time of the year. I was quite lucky as I managed to buy one of the last older models of RX450H at a greatly reduced price. The price that I paid for the car was virtually the same a new NX350H with premium pack plus. In my opinion the RX 450H just feels a little more premium than the NX 350H.The RX450H does not have the same new technology as the NX350H, but instead is fitted with older style controls, it retains all of the character of a classic well-built vehicle. The RX is powered by a V6 engine which delivers the power in a silky smooth manner, and is effortless to drive. 

All the best.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lexnew said:

In my opinion the RX 450H just feels a little more premium than the NX 350H.The RX450H does not have the same new technology as the NX350H, but instead is fitted with older style controls, it retains all of the character of a classic well-built vehicle. The RX is powered by a V6 engine which delivers the power in a silky smooth manner, and is effortless to drive.

This is a really nice summary of RX ownersip, it echoes how I feel about my previous-gen model. I did recently try the NX450H+, thinking of it as a possible future replacement, but it didn't have the same feel, the technology and controls were a little overwhelming and I slightly surprised myself by coming away thinking that a late 4th gen RX will hopefully be my next main car, if I can afford/justify it.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Lexnew said:

Hello Dimi,

Yes, the waiting times for the new NX350H are ridiculous. Since the new model was launched there has been two price increases, I wonder if the dealerships will honour the original price of the vehicle when the order was placed? The last time that I spoke to my Lexus dealer, I was informed that they were no longer taking orders for the NX350H.

I know that some dealerships bought some new stock of the RX450H before it was discontinued, you might be lucky and still obtain a new RX450H (old model) at are greatly reduced price. There are also some very good low mileage preowned RX models on the market, and I am sure the dealerships would give you a very good deal at this time of the year. I was quite lucky as I managed to buy one of the last older models of RX450H at a greatly reduced price. The price that I paid for the car was virtually the same a new NX350H with premium pack plus. In my opinion the RX 450H just feels a little more premium than the NX 350H.The RX450H does not have the same new technology as the NX350H, but instead is fitted with older style controls, it retains all of the character of a classic well-built vehicle. The RX is powered by a V6 engine which delivers the power in a silky smooth manner, and is effortless to drive. 

All the best.

The running costs  + parking in Brighton concern me. But thank you anyway, I also have considered it a lot.

Furthermore, I believe the NX has new gen hyb/battery that allow the EV to be used up to 70 mph, compared to 30-ish mph for the RX. Correct me if I am wrong. 

Hi guys,

I am in negotiation to buy a 2016 RX450h F Sport in Sonic Titanium with only about 16000 miles on the clocks from a Lexus dealer. Price is around £30k marks. Is this a good deal? Or would you say a premier with more miles at the same price or slightly higher would be better?

What are the major differences between the F Sport and the Premier trims?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, matinzk said:

What are the major differences between the F Sport and the Premier trims?

The Premier is the fully loaded top of the range model.

The F Sport was available with a number of options, for example I have the Premier pack which pretty much matches the Premier spec.

There is a sticky thread on the Gen 4 Specs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spock66 said:

The Premier is the fully loaded top of the range model.

The F Sport was available with a number of options, for example I have the Premier pack which pretty much matches the Premier spec.

There is a sticky thread on the Gen 4 Specs.

Thank you.

Would you say that's a good deal?

5 hours ago, mitadoc said:

Furthermore, I believe the NX has new gen hyb/battery that allow the EV to be used up to 70 mph, compared to 30-ish mph for the RX. Correct me if I am wrong. 

The Mk4 RX is able to do about 45mph on the Battery alone, in the right conditions of course 🙂

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, matinzk said:

Would you say that's a good deal?

I think that's a good colour option, low mileage, probably about the right price, but check which options it has.

I got lucky with mine as it was just listed as a base model, but I could tell from the pictures it had the Premier pack.

6 hours ago, mitadoc said:

The running costs  + parking in Brighton concern me. But thank you anyway, I also have considered it a lot.

According to the technical specifications and various road test reviews the NX450H has a 18.1 kwh Battery with an all electric driving speed of up to 83mph.The NX350H has a  smaller 1.6kwh Battery with an all electric driving speed of approximately 43mph.The RX450H all electric driving speed would be < 43mph due to the fact that it is a heavier vehicle.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:05 PM, mitadoc said:

These thoughts ( to cancel NX350h and get RX450h instead) are quite familiar to me as well.

It is just getting ridiculous now with those waiting times. But I can consider preowned 22 plate, for example.

Lexus Reading have a brand new unregistered Premium Sport RX (Sonic Platinum) for £50k (c£10k discount) on Autotrader, quoting 3.9% APR for PCP. Immediate delivery the advert says.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Lexus Reading have a brand new unregistered Premium Sport RX (Sonic Platinum) for £50k (c£10k discount) on Autotrader, quoting 3.9% APR for PCP. Immediate delivery the advert says.

There are a few around the country in different colours. The discount includes a £3000 deposit contribution and another £1000 for existing customers as part of ‘Lexus loyalty’.

The cars have to be registered by the 16 of December I’ve been told. it’s a fantastic offer. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links