Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newcastle Or Edinburgh?!?!

All,  Car is 4yrs old/15k miles and looking to get my service done over the next month so am looking for experiences people have had with either Newcastle or Edinburgh dealerships.  I'm right in the middle of the two so travelling makes no difference.  Have been to Edinburgh in the past with the ISF but last time I was up there I had to explain what the RC-F was as they kept getting it mixed up with the RC-F Sport.  Additionality, believe some dealerships offer deals for members, are either of these part of this?

Will end up hanging around for a few hours so anything local that could keep me entertained would also be brilliant!

Thanks for your replies in advance.  

Marcus

I’ve used Newcastle Lexus for the last 7 or so years for my ISF and my current GSF. Had the 6 year service done on the GSF last week.

Absolutely no complaints. From booking in, to the communication when they have the car, to it being returned- faultless.

after years of BS from the Germans and the Solihull lot it has always been a pleasure dealing with lexus Newcastle.

Then again - it’s routine servicing as nothing has gone wrong. You can’t mess up an oil and filter change can you?

Used Lexus Edinburgh for servicing up until 2020. No real complaints with how I, or my car, was treated.

They were one of the dealers who offered a discount for LOC Gold Membership, although they refused to apply said discount to an Essential service for me ("it's already discounted"). I guess they would probably honour the deal for a full-price service, if they are still involved in the scheme.

Showrooms full of AMG and M cars within spitting distance, if you're planning to wait.

54 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

Which one is more fun to drive to?

Looks like I’m going to give Newcastle a go as the wife wants to go to the metro centre to do some shopping!  May need to book a courtesy car though, might get an Aston Martin!!

10 hours ago, MNMJ said:

Which one is more fun to drive to?

9 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

… the wife wants to go to the metro centre to do some shopping!… 

Agreed, and if it’s still a toss-up between two dealers in terms of their reputed quality of service, choose the one with better access to places where you might pleasantly while away a couple of hours - though I’m not sure if I would include shopping centres considering the bill awaiting you back at the dealer.

19 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Agreed, and if it’s still a toss-up between two dealers in terms of their reputed quality of service, choose the one with better access to places where you might pleasantly while away a couple of hours - though I’m not sure if I would include shopping centres considering the bill awaiting you back at the dealer.

You will get no argument from me in that one, it’s a full service too!!

I’m not enthusiastic about the shops either but let’s not pretend I’m going to have any choice in the matter, I’ve been TOLD we are going.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links