Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can Anyone tell me what the little square light directly at the base of the auto transmission lever is for ? lexus nx 300h Its a tiny little square box Very small.. Just wondered if it was some kind of warning light or to measure light in the cabin... ??

Ron

28 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Can Anyone tell me what the little square light directly at the base of the auto transmission lever is for ? lexus nx 300h Its a tiny little square box Very small.. Just wondered if it was some kind of warning light or to measure light in the cabin... ??

Ron

Anything within the Owners Handbook Ron ?

Do you mean at the bottom of the selector indication panel? That slot is to manually release the shifter in event of malfunction in the shift lock system. If this isn't what you are referring to can you post an image?

45 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Ron

Are you sure it's a light?

It may be the shift lock cap. Normally the gear shift won't move if the car is off, but if a situation arises where you do need to move it, you press the shift lock button and it allows the lever to be moved. It usually has a cap on the shift lock button, so it may be this you're looking at.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Do you mean at the bottom of the selector indication panel? That slot is to manually release the shifter in event of malfunction in the shift lock system. If this isn't what you are referring to can you post an image?

Had one with the Merc auto box and it was mentioned in its handbook,but I don`t have Handbook for his vehicle.

On 11/13/2022 at 11:49 AM, royoftherovers said:

Anything within the Owners Handbook Ron ?

John I,ve Went Over The Lexus nx300 Manual and can,t see Any reference to it..Maybe i,ve missed something..

On 11/13/2022 at 12:20 PM, royoftherovers said:

Had one with the Merc auto box and it was mentioned in its handbook,but I don`t have Handbook for his vehicle.

Still no further forward about this tiny square box about a centimetre square which seems like it has a little bulb in it it has no cap that you can lift up Once again its situated at the bottom of the shift lever you could easily miss it.. It is so small but dont know what it is there for or the Purpose of it you certainly could not get a key in it...any one any ideas ? Ron

2 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Still no further forward about this tiny square box about a centimetre square which seems like it has a little bulb in it it has no cap that you can lift up Once again its situated at the bottom of the shift lever you could easily miss it.. It is so small but dont know what it is there for or the Purpose of it you certainly could not get a key in it...any one any ideas ? Ron

Ronnie,

Is this it?

Paul

image.png.93eaa2f7ade10513537db52af0d2616f.png

This is what Peter and Herbie were suggesting you might be referring to.  On our 2015 MY NX it's on page 624 of the manual under "If the shift leaver cannot be shifted from P".  Not sure how the page numbers may differ on a 2020 NX.

Paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 11:20 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Ron

I think your question has now been answered but I just came across The Car Wizard's 10 Essential Mechanic Tips (Part 2) on YouTube. Tip 3 explains all!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links