Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still no recent map update for (non premium) navi?

I still have a 2018 map installed on my (non-premium) navi in my 2019 IS300h and I would like to renew that map. However, I see the most recent version is a 2020-Q4 version (released October 2021), over a year old:

https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/lexus-13cy-gen8-sat-nav-map-update-europe-2021-2022-709-p.asp

https://toyotamaps.online/map-updates/toyota-lexus-navigation-gen8-usb-update

Does anyone know if there's currently a more recent version? Of course I can consult the Lexus dealer, but I don't intend to pay £180.00 for an update. In my opinion, a map update should be free, at least for the first few years of having your car. I think most car brands use this formula. For my previous car (Volvo) I was able to download free map updates from the Volvo site twice a year. 

Anyway, £60 is still quite a lot, but so be it. However, for a map that is more than a year old, I think that is too much money.

I believe it is still the latest. The premium and newer systems seem to get more regular updates.

Lexus do provide free map updates on most vehicles for the first three years now but probably wasn't the case when your vehicle was purchased.

Have 2 Garmin navigation systems, a Nüvi from 2012 - 13 and a bike computer from 2014. Both have new maps for free every year.

This is bike map Las Palmas every little street is named and I can be directed a lot easier to any place in Europe with this system than Lexus navigation. And free maps yearly. The maps on the Nüvi are not quite as detailed, but when driving around in Europe it never failed and way easier than the mouse system to find a destination in our otherwise very nice and in every way good and reliable CT. This is the 2022 map:

image.thumb.png.a7b9b05a61991d1664111dc0aa4c4773.png

The bike map is so good that in the most uninhabited valleys it can find a way out. Once I forgot to charge the bike computer and spend several hours to get out of a valley, where it would have been half an hour if the computer was working. (On a bike you can go places where a car cannot come, not even a Unimog).

12 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I believe it is still the latest. The premium and newer systems seem to get more regular updates.

Lexus do provide free map updates on most vehicles for the first three years now but probably wasn't the case when your vehicle was purchased.

That is interesting. I could make a request to my dealer that I am still entitled to it.

Where can I perhaps find the information about those three years of free updates, so that I can refer the dealer to it?

10 hours ago, John Nooij said:

That is interesting. I could make a request to my dealer that I am still entitled to it.

Where can I perhaps find the information about those three years of free updates, so that I can refer the dealer to it?

I'm not sure it was offered on the IS, and if it was probably only on the premium nav. But if you log into my lexus website and go to the e-store you would see if you have free entitlement.

Hi All, I have 19 plate 300H (my second 300H) great cars. I was told I could have a free Map up-grade and just pay for the fitting, however when my car was taken into the Dealership it could not be done because I have the SIM card fitment and an updated SIM card would cost me £240.00. Only the software download was free.  

45 minutes ago, Eddie Green said:

Hi All, I have 19 plate 300H (my second 300H) great cars. I was told I could have a free Map up-grade and just pay for the fitting, however when my car was taken into the Dealership it could not be done because I have the SIM card fitment and an updated SIM card would cost me £240.00. Only the software download was free.  

Hi Eddie,

They could download the software to a sim card (do they mean micro memory card), you could offer to pay for the sim card.

Otherwise there are a number of web sites which offer the Lexus sim (micro memory card) cards at much lower prices and from comments on this site they seem to work.

53 minutes ago, Eddie Green said:

If you have same micro SD card as in the 2017 CT this one could be the one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185258903985?hash=item2b224a89b1:g:tQ4AAOSwOvthk8CJ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8B97htCGM9o5p9fG%2FxscykcyubKrYVpkWFGUlG9T3lgi6TOJUOozXJn95NQiMoEWJ7YI9WKTMu6bp%2FC3wKolKONY4XeKXXNCR0rHghUuA8kmW08EZiMYCQ8Q1WLkFzVbPRaW%2FA5SoHqjDE879cKMAx2KDl5r8ieQF2JHifEVa0Od5cT95bfUsf2Sw9snsvNi%2BSao9biSVB8rFa%2Bli0ggEwNvfQp0mB%2BW7slc8f0StIXeIYF2kcTnpw3Ql3X7moyAmI50QHmS5VeA0yjmxejTn7jezc9erKqErLVZlPCop6JLRMdPLdHIQOIlQ5vJQAmuuA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABFBM_q-Nrpph

Picture 1 of 2

17 minutes ago, John Nooij said:

The micro sd is used to update the Premium Navigation map.

I have the non-Premium Navigation.  This one is updated using an USB stick.  So, I'm talking about that one.

We know that John, I think you will find the recent responses were for Eddie.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links