Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX400h Heated Seat Won't Turn Off - Which Fuse / Relay?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 6:58 PM, ntl said:

Hi,

The driver's seat in my 400h heats to backside-burning levels whether I want it to or not. Which fuse or relay should I be looking at?

Thanks

Do you get it fixed, Chris?

Sorry, that bugs me too! I had meant to reply to at least thank you for the information (thanks!), but got distracted.

I've not had chance to look at the car yet, but I hope to after Christmas and will update when I do.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I was just going to pull the fuse but there's zero indication which fuse it is either in the manual or on the fuse box lid. I can't get the lid off the rear fuse box. It has that feeling that the clips will snap of I try so knowing my luck that's where it is 

On 12/24/2022 at 12:03 AM, carbontek said:

Same happened to mine, it was the switch.  Got a warrantied used one on eBay for £ 30.00 and took less than 5 minuets to fit.

The switch in the centre console? Do you just get a small screwdriver and lever it out? It looks like you need to go in from the back

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, AshBC said:

Anyone got any further on this? I found the fuse (I think). Damned if I can get it out lying on my back in winter 

I do have an update! The short story is I found the fuse on Sunday - it was the only yellow 20A one in the smaller of two fuseboxes in the engine bay (the one at the rear right when stood looking at the front of the car). This disables the heater in both seats.

The longer story is that my two-year-old 12V Battery (Exide Premium EA456) had gone flat twice in a short period of time - flat to the point of not being able to unlock the doors remotely. The first time it happened, the car had been sat for over a week in the freezing cold, and a booster pack got it started easily. I took the pack with me, but after a short trip the Battery had enough charge to get me back again. Even so, I put it on my Ctek smart charger and reconditioned it once I got home. When finished, the charger reported that the Battery could hold charge, and so I put it back in the car. This time, it went flat just a few days later. I put it on the charger again, but didn't put it back in until I knew I would have time to look at the heated seats, wondering if it was the faulty one draining the Battery. Again, the charger 'reconditioned' it and reported it as holding charge.

Anyway, after pulling the fuse, I was hoping that the Battery would be okay - and it was for a day - but the following day I had issues with the gear selector - there were a couple of times that it wouldn't go into 'D' or 'R' - I thought it did, but then the accelerator did nothing. I managed to get where I was going (short trip, again), but then I couldn't get it into ready mode with the dreaded 'Shift into P to start' message on the dash. I read a lot of forum posts suggesting that the 12V Battery is to blame and did manage to get it to register 'P' and start with the booster pack, although that could have been coincidental. I've ordered an Optima Yellow Top now, which I'm hoping will fix things. I'm just concerned that something other than the heated seats may be draining the Battery.

Further update:

I got the new Battery fitted this morning - the Exide was again completely flat after just a few days, but inconclusive as to whether this is due to it being ruined, or something draining it. I hope it's the former, as I don't want to kill this new Battery - especially at the price!

However, I still have the gear selector problem :sad:

I can only get it into 'P' to start the car if I hold the selector as far forward as possible - then the light appears on the dash. If I let go of the selector, the 'P' disappears and it's sat in some sort of limbo between modes, with no letters lit. This behaviour seems different to when I had the dying Battery - it didn't seem to matter if I held the stick forwards at all then. Anyway, I'll make a new thread on this issue as it's probably unrelated to the heated seats!

Thanks. I was LED to believe that the fuse is in the box under the glove box, conveniently not mentioned in the manual. The lid is stuck on that rear right one under the bonnet. Doh. 

3 hours ago, AshBC said:

Thanks. I was led to believe that the fuse is in the box under the glove box, conveniently not mentioned in the manual. The lid is stuck on that rear right one under the bonnet. Doh. 

I couldn't get the lid off at first, but there's a catch around the back to release it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links