Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory recall for my IS250. What’s that all about?

Idly checking my Lexus status on the gov.uk site - as you do - when I noticed a section offering to advise me about any factory recalls.  To my surprise, one had been issued on December 9.  But for what remained a mystery.

So I contacted Lexus MK using the website form - and got a call back just a few minutes later.  

Apparently, it’s to do with the fuel tank breather tube.  But not to worry - it can be done at the next service.  That is, if the part arrives.  It would appear that the lack of this part may explain why Lexus hadn’t yet notified me.

And that was just about all the girl who replied could offer as an explanation.  So anyone else got a problematic fuel tank breather tube?

It may be worth checking.

1 hour ago, zoricib said:

Just noticed @LenT has a 3IS and this is on the 2IS forum

Sorry to intrude,  Bogdan.  My error.  I just stopped at the first one headed IS250.🙁

I’ll look for a specific 3IS forum!

But you raise an interesting point…how long will Lexus honour a factory recall?

Meanwhile, I’ll get me coat….

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LenT said:

Sorry to intrude,  Bogdan.  My error.  I just stopped at the first one headed IS250.🙁

No intrusion here, thought I'd point it out in case the 2IS owners would get excited about recalls 😄 I know I did...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

There are few threads already - apparently "fuel breather valve", IS, RC, GS affected. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

There are few threads already - apparently "fuel breather valve", IS, RC, GS affected. 

Thanks Linus.  Yes I've found one that cites an Australian article referring to:

The issue affects 14,301 Lexus IS and GS sedans, as well as RC coupes made between 2012 and 2018. Four-cylinder, hybrid, and V6-powered models are affected by the issue.

High-performance 5.0-litre V8-powered GS F and RC F models are also affected.

Lexus will replace the fuel-evaporative emission control unit in the vehicles for free.

So slightly ambiguous on the dating range, but apparently a pre-emptive action - once the part is available!

Strangely, I can find no mention of this recall on the Lexus UK website.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links