Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Michelin Pilot Sport 235 55 R20 EV Accoustic

Just ordered for my 2016 RX450H F - Sport as now showing again on Costco Site.

Apparently only Manufacturer that do these Acoustic Tyres for EV .

Did query the 105 W as mine are 102V with the Tyre Technicians at Costco and they said all good.

Very good price id say with £50 Discount for Two (£100 Discount for Four ! )and Costco fill them Nitrogen.

Booked to have them fitted on December 29th.

Screenshot_20221216-095616_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Edited by robpace
  • Like 1

I will be interested in how you find these after a few miles.

I did consider these but thought they might be a harsh ride being optimised for low rolling resistance.

I went with Continental ContiCrossContact UHP 235/55R20 102W in the end as there was no UK delivery dates for the Michelin Crossclimates. So far quite impressed, quiet and compliant.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:27 AM, NemesisUK said:

I will be interested in how you find these after a few miles.

I did consider these but thought they might be a harsh ride being optimised for low rolling resistance.

I went with Continental ContiCrossContact UHP 235/55R20 102W in the end as there was no UK delivery dates for the Michelin Crossclimates. So far quite impressed, quiet and compliant.

How much did you pay for your Continentals and where did you buy them from? 

Just to let you know, The new Michelins will be going on the rear and the old Bridgestone Duellers with plenty of life left in them will be on the front.

It'll probably be a year until all Four are on the Michelins !

The EV tyres should be quieter but i m not sure that would make a big difference on a car that is not EV. Also EV tyres are stiffer and heavier and while the comfort might be a bit compromised the handling should improve, let us know how it goes. 

2 hours ago, robpace said:

Just to let you know, The new Michelins will be going on the rear and the old Bridgestone Duellers with plenty of life left in them will be on the front.

It'll probably be a year until all Four are on the Michelins !

If i were you i would buy all four of them and sell your other two Bridgestones on eBay or just keep them as spare. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was a big Let Down by Costco.

Just been over to Farnborough to have the Michelins fitted and guess what ? They won't fit them as the Tyre Ratings are different !!!!

Exactly what I asked if it was a problem when I ordered them .

Just ordered Two Pirelli Scorpion Verde 102V from F1 Autocentre in Camberley that are being fitted on Front Axle on Wednesday 4th of Jan so will let you know.

£383 Fully Fitted

Edited by robpace

Having a Nightmare with these tyres !!

Half hour after ordering from F1 Autocentre, I receive an email saying they can't get the Pirrellis !

235 55 20 Yokohama Blu Earth's now ordered for Wednesday !

I had to get through a similar situation when i was looking to buy tyres. 235 55 20 is a VERY uncommon size and it s hard to find something decent. 

PS : I usually buy from Costco as well but this time Halfords had a great offer for Good Year so you can try as well. I paid £670 for 4 tyres, a bargain i would dare to say. 

4 minutes ago, John Walker said:

this time Halfords had a great offer for Good Year so you can try as well. I paid £670 for 4 tyres, a bargain i would dare to say.

Which variant of Goodyear?

On 12/31/2022 at 11:55 PM, Sybaris said:

Had similar issues looking for a set of Winters.  After 4 months of looking the only stock available were Yokohama Bluearth V906s.  So far they seem ok.

Where did you buy them from and how much you paid? Also did you get the chance to try them in snow/ ice? Interested to get a second set of wheels with winter tyres, many thanks

Got them from a company called Hometyres.  Opponeo also had some a while ago.

For general day to day commuting and your average suburban school run, shopping etc I have no issue.  I didn't try them on snow or ice as they arrived after the thaw but I have used them in cold weather, 2 degrees and they are ok. I think with any winter tyre you still have to respect the road and drive appropriately for those conditions.  Even top end premium tyres are not for throwing the car around hard bends.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 6:14 PM, Sybaris said:

Got them from a company called Hometyres.  Opponeo also had some a while ago.

For general day to day commuting and your average suburban school run, shopping etc I have no issue.  I didn't try them on snow or ice as they arrived after the thaw but I have used them in cold weather, 2 degrees and they are ok. I think with any winter tyre you still have to respect the road and drive appropriately for those conditions.  Even top end premium tyres are not for throwing the car around hard bends.

Thanks and you are absolutely right. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links