Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2023 delivery date

2 hours ago, Deb said:

Finally picked up our new NX on Friday!!!!

🥳 👏 🙌 🥳 🙌 👏 🥳 🙌 👏 🥳 

So happy to finally have our car! It’s gorgeous and everything we wanted 💗 Our dealership ended up throwing in a few freebies too, to compensate us for the order mix up, so that’s made things better too 😊 
It brings to an end, what feels like a very long wait, for the car we ordered back in September 2022.

Looking forward to enjoying everything our new car has to offer! 

Great news 😀😀

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, Deb said:

🥳 👏 🙌 🥳 🙌 👏 🥳 🙌 👏 🥳 

So happy to finally have our car! It’s gorgeous and everything we wanted 💗 Our dealership ended up throwing in a few freebies too, to compensate us for the order mix up, so that’s made things better too 😊 
It brings to an end, what feels like a very long wait, for the car we ordered back in September 2022.

Do enjoy it, it is a very good car. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2023 at 4:42 PM, Deb said:

🥳 👏 🙌 🥳 🙌 👏 🥳 🙌 👏 🥳 

Great news Deb, enjoy the car and I hope that the dealership goodies were substantial enough to compensate for the set backs endured 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

As per lexus app my car is on its way o the dealer, but I am confused with their wording and status icon, 

any one with prior tracking experience can explain what this status means?

image.thumb.png.d24f2c2f84e5d7d2a157563a9ee178d6.png

thanks

1 hour ago, Waquar said:

Hi Guys,

As per lexus app my car is on its way o the dealer, but I am confused with their wording and status icon, 

thanks

The app was NOT very reliable for my order / delivery.

Might be worth asking your dealer.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Waquar said:

Hi Guys,

thanks

If it’s the same process as UK, then this means the car has been unloaded from the ship.

it will then be transported to (Derby in UK) whichever Toyota facility they use for you for them to prep / check before sending on to your dealer

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HMT said:

If it’s the same process as UK, then this means the car has been unloaded from the ship.

it will then be transported to (Derby in UK) whichever Toyota facility they use for you for them to prep / check before sending on to your dealer

Thanks @HMT, Any idea how much time it takes from here to the delivery?

Mine went from order in progress to at your centre pretty much in the same day.  WOW, that's a speedy build and delivery 😉.  Prior to that the Lexus app hadn't updated. It then took almost 2 weeks until collection.  That's because the dealer had to do a few things and I could only collect at a weekend. I've come to the conclusion to take it with a pinch of salt when looking at the order to collection process on the Lexus app.

23 hours ago, Waquar said:

Thanks @HMT, Any idea how much time it takes from here to the delivery?

For me In the uk in June it took 2 weeks, but others have posted much longer, depends on any extras you have ordered and if they have any shortages 

earlier this year some cars were being held back due to he locking wheel bolt issue etc but there does not seem to be any major issues

as you are none uk assume distances are greater and I do not know which Toyota area it will go to

I think delivery lead times are improving.. Picked up my 450 F Sport at end of October which was 4 months earlier than quoted at time of order.  First Lexus having switched from BMW… absolutely delighted with this amazing car and customer service from the dealer.  Only one smart key fob and no locking wheel nuts, however Lexus UK customer service say both will be supplied as part of campaign wave 5, but were unable to say when this will actually happen.

• Like 7

Received an email asking me if I’d like to get the car earlier in February!? (April is the original delivery date) Replied I’d like to collect it in March so I don’t end up September registration number lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rodd said:

Received an email asking me if I’d like to get the car earlier in February!? (April is the original delivery date) Replied I’d like to collect it in March so I don’t end up September registration number lol 

Looks like they have improved their production capacity. When did you ordered it?

1 hour ago, Rodd said:

Probably about a year ago I received a similar email with same dates. I wanted a March/April delivery.

I eventually received my car in September 🙈🙈🙈

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Scotlex said:

Probably about a year ago I received a similar email with same dates. I wanted a March/April delivery.

I eventually received my car in September 🙈🙈🙈

Unlucky, I think the delivery time has improved a lot now. Hopefully it will all go well 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodd said:

Unlucky, I think the delivery time has improved a lot now. Hopefully it will all go well 🙂 

I'm sure you will be fine. March isn't that far away either, so not too long to wait for you 😀

• Like 2

On 12/3/2023 at 1:29 PM, Waquar said:

Looks like they have improved their production capacity. When did you ordered it?

Yes and now the app changed from order in progress into build in progress which came through as a notification. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an NX450+H about 18 months ago.   I have had quite a few problems with it and just haven't been getting the mileage that I anticipated, am only getting 40 mpg (probably due to the lack of city driving that I do).    I have never been able to get the charging station component of the apps working (have had an open ticket with Lexus for 18 months on this but still no update).    Overall the after-care has been abysmal with me regularly having to chase up issues that I raise weeks later, after having no contact from the dealer.   Having said that, I really enjoy the driving experience of the NX, so I had a big moan to my dealer about the poor after-care and lack of resolution of the issues that I have reported.   I ended up ordering a brand new NX 350h Takumi last week.   Just had a call with the dealer, it  arrives at the dealership tomorrow, so can collect on Friday(!).   I am guessing that there must have been a spare NX in exactly the spec I ordered floating round...no way they built and transported it that quick unless they are now working Christmas miracles. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

I bought an NX450+H about 18 months ago.   I have had quite a few problems with it and just haven't been getting the mileage that I anticipated, am only getting 40 mpg (probably due to the lack of city driving that I do).    I have never been able to get the charging station component of the apps working (have had an open ticket with Lexus for 18 months on this but still no update).    Overall the after-care has been abysmal with me regularly having to chase up issues that I raise weeks later, after having no contact from the dealer.   Having said that, I really enjoy the driving experience of the NX, so I had a big moan to my dealer about the poor after-care and lack of resolution of the issues that I have reported.   I ended up ordering a brand new NX 350h Takumi last week.   Just had a call with the dealer, it  arrives at the dealership tomorrow, so can collect on Friday(!).   I am guessing that there must have been a spare NX in exactly the spec I ordered floating round...no way they built and transported it that quick unless they are now working Christmas miracles. 

Adrian, if the vehicle was performing below expectations and the after care was "abysmal", why did you buy another Lexus?

I'm not trolling.. this is a serious question.

Paul

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

I've never bought a car that actually hit the advertised mpg yet and city driving wouldn't help to get there IMHO. 

Secondly, give that salesman a bonus for turning a disgruntled customer into a returning buyer! Been there myself, sucked in by those silver-tongued tempters! Into your pocket faster than a grand child! 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, PDM said:

Adrian, if the vehicle was performing below expectations and the after care was "abysmal", why did you buy another Lexus?

I'm not trolling.. this is a serious question.

Paul

My original plan was to go plug-in hybrid, then full EV after 3-4 yrs.   However, I have been disappointed with plug-in hybrid in terms of MPG and not being able to use the Lexus charging stations really hacked me off.   Also, I am not convinced that PI Hybrid and EVs are holding their value, so concerned about how much I would get for my Hybrid after 3-4 years when potential buyers start thinking about Battery replacement costs.    Was thinking about going back to an ICE; the ZEV mandate comes into force in 2024 in UK (Car manufacturers will be fined £15000 per non-EV vehicle sold short of the EV target sales) so thought if I was going to go back to ICE then better to do it now before ZEV kicks in.   

Thinking it through, I absolutely love the build quality, engineering and driving experience of a Lexus NX.   There are software niggles but my wife has a brand new top-of-the-range BMW and has been similar software niggles so this is not an issue unique to Lexus.   The after sales issue can be easily solved if my dealer gets a ticketing system in place.   

In any event, I have some legitimate complaints about my dealer's after sales and a documented history of how crap my dealer has been.   On the other hand I love the driving experience but I want to go back to ICE (and need to do it ASAP to beat ZEV mandates).   So, I thought if I leverage my previous bad experience with my dealer and highlight the issues I have had with the Plug-in hybrid, that would put my dealer on the back foot.   Then switch gears, so to speak, about how if only they could stop being crap I might think about the NX 350h ICE and I might even think about top of the range, but I'd only consider that if I got some assurances about the crap service and (more importantly) got a REALLY good deal (which I know they are willing to do because they know ZEV is coming in and they have got to shift those ICE models now because they will have to be pushing only EV next year to meet the targets), then maybe I might just reconsider. 😄      I had planned to speak to my dealer this week about it all but then the new manager of the dealership phoned out of the blue anyway to see how I was getting on with my car (and no doubt was then planning to sell me an upgrade).    So, negotiated a great deal and job done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2023 at 11:49 AM, Rodd said:

I have just discovered this forum. It’s all very quiet for October and hopefully that’s a good sign 🙂 I am just at the beginning of journey and ordered NX350h Takumi, sonic white with black & rich cream interior 2 days ago (UK Lexus). Delivery time I am given is April 2024 🤞 we shall see if and when it happens. 

A quick update to say that the car arrived and collected. It’s lovely and enjoyable to drive. Much more fun than previous one (UX) and I should say technology/gadgets improved a lot since 2020 when I bought UX. 

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links