Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Auto Characteristic

Does any other IS200 Auto owner find that their accelerator pedal vibrates at between 1200 and 2500 revs?

I have had my car since last September, and its been back to the dealer numerous times for this problem. The only action the dealer has taken so far is to change the engine/gearbox mountings, and this has made no difference.

A person from Lexus GB came to drive the car and he reported that he could not feel any vibration. The dealer does agree that a vibration exists.

The dealership have provided me with two IS200 auto's to drive and both did have the same problem but not to the extent of mine.

I have now received a letter from the dealer. It simply states that the vibration is a characteristic of all IS200 Auto's and that the matter is now closed. I love the car but cannot live with the vibration.

Is it me? Do I have an over sensitive right foot?

Am I expecting too much from Lexus?

Are they trying to pull the wool over my eyes?

I cannot say ive noticed that happen with mine.

what does happen sometimes when im waiting at traffic lights is that when the car is at idle it seems to be lumpy sometimes and it feels like its vibrating the pedal. but by the time ive turned down the stereo its stopped :ohmy:

what does happen sometimes when im waiting at traffic lights is that when the car is at idle it seems to be lumpy sometimes and it feels like its vibrating the pedal. but by the time ive turned down the stereo its stopped :ohmy:

Since having the B&M quickshift fitted I've got a vibrating knob :whistling:

probably the bass from the speakers!! B)

vibration is a characteristic of all IS200 Auto's and that the matter is now closed.

I can't say I've noticed any sort of vibration and that's after two years. I would say that it's definately NOT a characteristic and they're just trying to fob you off :angry:

Same as Dave here, get the vibration with the quick shift kit, in sixth when going going above about 3,000 / 3,500 rpm...

Sometimes taking it out of sixth and putting it back in fixes it though..

Don't think I get the problem with the pedal though, can't say I've noticed it yet - will keep an eye on it....

I have a new Auto IS200 and I also have a slight vibration on the accelerator pedal. It's like having 'pins & needles' in your right foot ? Only noticeable on acceleration though and very very slight.

Not bothering me though, just a 'feature'.

Had an IS200 Auto for 14 months and can't say I ever notice any vibration in the accelerator pedal. Haven't noticed any vibration in the IS300 either.

Wonder if anything can be done with the rubber that fits over the pedal?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links