Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RZ 450 delivery

Is there anyone who has pre ordered the RZ been given an update on delivery ?  I am having to push the dealer very hard to get any info at all and have been given various dates since I pre ordered in May 22.  I was originally told delivery would be March this year with a demo available to test drive in February before I confirmed the order. I received an email on 2 September 22 from Lexus HQ thanking me for the order and that it was now in the programme to be built but it is not showing in the App as my NX was.

Spoke to the dealer before Christmas and I was told delivery was now likely June but the demo car should  still be available in February. I rang today about a test drive in February and was told the demo is now not likely to turn up before March and possibly April. When pushed he also explained delivery of my car be pushed back but not sure by how much.

I am seriously considering cancelling given no firm delivery and also the tax advantage for private buyers will soon disappear when a retrospective road tax will be applied from 2025. Given also the problems with charging which I have witnessed a lot on the motorway recently I think the electric dream for me is losing it's appeal.

Any info from anyone would be appreciated

The sales executives from my dealership have been to Spain (?) for a preview of the new RX models including the RZ. So surely they cab't be long in coming?

The RZ sounds a very interesting model but the range is going to be modest compared with rivals. However there is a good warranty on the Battery due to be annonced

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

2K?

Yes, they said I should pay 2K rather than £500

"Hi Yes when the order is processed and you are given a build number your order is price protected 
The web site allows you to pay the reservation deposit of £500 
Whilst the centre is closed we would then make contact to take a further deposit of £1500 total £2000 then invite you in to configure the colours etc 
Once the demonstration car arrives if you test drive the car and do not like this you can cancel the order and the deposit is fully refundable back to you

• 1 month later...

Received 28/02/23

We're so pleased you've ordered your new RZ 450e. It's going to be an amazing experience. And we are looking forward to getting your new car to you as fast as possible.

You might have heard about the global shortage of key components, raw materials and logistical challenges that are creating challenges for the car industry. Combined with high demand for our products, this means your RZ 450e may take longer to arrive than we would normally expect.

We wanted to reassure you that everyone is doing everything they can to get you into the driver's seat. Of course, at any point during your waiting time, if you have questions about your order, your Lexus Centre will be happy to help.

WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT

Your Lexus centre will keep you regularly updated and informed from point of order, in addition they will contact you at the following key development stages to keep you up to date:

Call 1: Your Centre will tell you when your RZ 450e is scheduled to go into production.

Call 2: Your RZ 450e has left the factory and is on its way to the UK. Your Centre will give you a one-month window for when you can expect it.

Call 3: Your RZ 450e will be at the UK depot. Your Centre will narrow down your handover date to a two-week window.

Call 4: When your Centre knows exactly when your RZ 450e is ready, they'll arrange the date for your handover. Get ready for an amazing experience.

If you signed up for our vehicle order tracker when you placed your order, you will also be able to follow your RZ 450e progress in the My Lexus and the Lexus Link App. If you haven't downloaded the app yet you can do so here.

• Like 1

Got a video email yesterday telling me the vehicle is in preproduction and will let me know about ETA in a couple of weeks

I gently reminded them that I am still waiting for that test drive and that we agreed that if I do not like it ( as in the range been very poor) I will get my £2000 deposit back.

Waiting for reply.

22 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Got a video email yesterday telling me the vehicle is in preproduction and will let me know about ETA in a couple of weeks

I gently reminded them that I am still waiting for that test drive and that we agreed that if I do not like it ( as in the range been very poor) I will get my £2000 deposit back.

Waiting for reply.

I pre ordered mine last May. Got an email last November confirming order now in place but nothing since. Dealer has said likely June delivery. Like you still waiting for test drive to see if it is any good.  I had an extended test drive in the BZ4  last week and was impressed so expecting good things from Lexus. The only thing that let it down was the range. Even driving gently it only got 2.9 miles/kwh. At a steady 60 mph the best I got was 2.5 miles/kwh.  This was the front wheel drive version so the Lexus will be worse. That will be the killer for me.

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

So that's about 150 miles then...

Yes, I did 150 miles in it, 50 miles around town and around 100 miles at 60mph on A roads and a bit of motorway.  I reset the trips for around town and again before the longer trip to see what I could get.  My NX gets a better figure around town. I think there was 10% left.  I expect better for 72K

Just now, fourbanks said:

This is lee and this is his pet hate, his Porsche Taycan 

i like him and for me, he's very accurate with his views on electric cars 

8 hours ago, John Adams said:

Yes, I did 150 miles in it, 50 miles around town and around 100 miles at 60mph on A roads and a bit of motorway.  I reset the trips for around town and again before the longer trip to see what I could get.  My NX gets a better figure around town. I think there was 10% left.  I expect better for 72K

Well on https://www.lexus.co.uk/new-cars/rz/overview

they claim that

RZ FEATURES

ENHANCED BATTERY

Full performance data will be confirmed later this year, with an impressive indicative range of over 250 miles*.

if they are any close to this then I am happy.

If they are around 150 miles, then my money back please

12 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Well on https://www.lexus.co.uk/new-cars/rz/overview

they claim that

if they are any close to this then I am happy.

If they are around 150 miles, then my money back please

I suppose it all depends on the weather and how you drive. I was expecting it to be at least 3 miles/kwh in everyday mixed driving which in theory would give a minimum 210 miles or so. On the UK test drive videos I've seen on You Tube for the BZ4 they are claiming a real world range of  around 220 miles. On the BZ4 I drove I couldn't get better than 2.9 miles/kwh with gentle driving around town which was disappointing. My NX gets better than this is the same situation. I doubt very much that the Lexus would achieve 250 miles in general driving as this would equate to around 3.5 miles/kwh but we will see. If on the Lexus test drive I can't get at least 3 miles/kwh then I will cancel

9 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I suppose it all depends on the weather and how you drive. I was expecting it to be at least 3 miles/kwh in everyday mixed driving which in theory would give a minimum 210 miles or so. On the UK test drive videos I've seen on You Tube for the BZ4 they are claiming a real world range of  around 220 miles. On the BZ4 I drove I couldn't get better than 2.9 miles/kwh with gentle driving around town which was disappointing. My NX gets better than this is the same situation. I doubt very much that the Lexus would achieve 250 miles in general driving as this would equate to around 3.5 miles/kwh but we will see. If on the Lexus test drive I can't get at least 3 miles/kwh then I will cancel

Just read that the useable Battery capacity is 64 kwh which means you need to get 3.9 miles/kwh to get 250 miles which I would doubt it would get near.

22 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Just read that the useable battery capacity is 64 kwh which means you need to get 3.9 miles/kwh to get 250 miles which I would doubt it would get near.

I will be happy on an average 3.2 or something, which it will still be less than my leaf that I drive without any regard for efficiency.

That will give a 200+ range. I will be OK with that if it is the real everyday scenario

Anything much less than that and we have a problem ( Lexus has a problem)

Further price drop

Brand new Tesla Model 3 dual engine AWD at £47990 and 370miles - reported - range ( about 270 miles real life)

I  wonder whether Lexus will have to cut prices

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

Further price drop

Brand new Tesla Model 3 dual engine AWD at £47990 and 370miles - reported - range ( about 270 miles real life)

I  wonder whether Lexus will have to cut prices

I really hope -but doubt- Lexus will cut the price. 72k for the Takumi I've ordered now seems overpriced considering the perceived range albeit the quality and standard equipment might give it the edge. We shall see

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I really hope -but doubt- Lexus will cut the price. 72k for the Takumi I've ordered now seems overprice considering the received range albeit the quality and standard equipment might give it the edge. We shall see

Yeah, same here. I will wait for the test drive but the way things go we can buy a Tesla and a UX to cover for when  Tesla brakes down

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

Yeah, same here. I will wait for the test drive but the way things go we can buy a Tesla and a UX to cover for when  Tesla brakes down

Well that gets my vote for the best quote of the day.  I never thought of that. Buy a Tesla and a UX for when the tesla breaks down. Priceless

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, talaipwros said:

196 miles? That's UX300e range. Ouch

Yes ouch…!

Lexus Marketing will no doubt not rush to get one to Bjorn Nyland…

I think it would be very interesting to watch his Range Test and 1000km Challenge YouTube’s of the RZ 450e…

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links