Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RZ 450 delivery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0br1Fcv52G8

With 20 inch wheels, the range mentioned is 196 miles… But during the driving, there is no mention of the very important miles/kwh figures...

Bjorn Nyland’s Range Test and 1000 km Challenge, will no doubt mention them… When Lexus allow him to have a car…!

I think when potential buyers have their road tests. It will be very interesting to read about them on this Forum…

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0br1Fcv52G8

With 20 inch wheels, the range mentioned is 196 miles… But during the driving, there is no mention of the very important miles/kwh figures...

Bjorn Nyland’s Range Test and 1000 km Challenge, will no doubt mention them… When Lexus allow him to have a car…!

I think when potential buyers have their road tests. It will be very interesting to read about them on this Forum…

For info, I had my first service on the NX 450+ yesterday and spoke to the dealer about test drive and delivery of the RZ. He tells me they don't expect to get a demo car until early May but is still expecting delivery of mine to be in June. He has said I can have the demo car for a day to test what the range will be. I must admit I'm getting slightly impatient now waiting to try one

US reviews use EPA and the UK review above (and Lexus UK) use WLTP:

https://insideevs.com/features/343231/heres-how-to-calculate-conflicting-ev-range-test-cycles-epa-wltp-nedc/#:~:text=The WLTP figure to be,more about EV range testing.

In these tests by Edmunds, they are finding that the real range is better than the EPA in the majority of cases, but worryingly, not in the case of the Toyota BZ4X!

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

2 hours ago, Whoever said:

US reviews use EPA and the UK review above (and Lexus UK) use WLTP:

https://insideevs.com/features/343231/heres-how-to-calculate-conflicting-ev-range-test-cycles-epa-wltp-nedc/#:~:text=The WLTP figure to be,more about EV range testing.

In these tests by Edmunds, they are finding that the real range is better than the EPA in the majority of cases, but worryingly, not in the case of the Toyota BZ4X!

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/electric-car-range-and-consumption-epa-vs-edmunds.html

Have you ordered an RZ 450E Steve...?

15 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Have you ordered an RZ 450E Steve...?

Yes Kevin, a Sonic Copper Premium with tan interior. I can't justify the Premium Plus. 

My pre-order was upgraded to a formal order two weeks ago, but still with a returned deposit if I am unimpressed with the test drive. 

I was told that demonstrators are due from May, deliveries from June.  

9 minutes ago, Whoever said:

Yes Kevin, a Sonic Copper Premium with tan interior. I can't justify the Premium Plus. 

My pre-order was upgraded to a formal order two weeks ago, but still with a returned deposit if I am unimpressed with the test drive. 

I was told that demonstrators are due from May, deliveries from June.  

Being nosey...! What are you driving at the moment...? Have you owned other Lexus's...?

I had two Lexus ISs back in the day, but broke my Lexus trend as I didn't like the CVT in the NX which was a new model at the time.

I drive a reasonably well spec'd hybrid Evoque and after two years I am ready to go full EV. I have test driven the Polestar, Kia EV6 and VW ID5 which all left me cold.

Apart from the likely low range I have to weigh up what features I would be losing on the switch. 

6 hours ago, John Adams said:

For info, I had my first service on the NX 450+ yesterday and spoke to the dealer about test drive and delivery of the RZ. He tells me they don't expect to get a demo car until early May but is still expecting delivery of mine to be in June. He has said I can have the demo car for a day to test what the range will be. I must admit I'm getting slightly impatient now waiting to try one

Don’t know which part of the country you live John but Lexus Ipswich has an RZ demonstrator since the beginning of March 2023. 

14 hours ago, Fatts said:

Don’t know which part of the country you live John but Lexus Ipswich has an RZ demonstrator since the beginning of March 2023. 

It's unbelievable that some Lexus dealers don't know what's going on. Mine was adamant that no demo cars will be in the UK until May.

However, on our testing of mixed route driving roads at around 7deg C, we saw more like 2.8 miles per kWh, and on stretches, even less. At one point the range predictor indicated a mere 150 miles on a nearly full battery.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/lexus/rz450e-electric-crossover/?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

ouch

54 minutes ago, Chris UXe said:

Agreed- it's discounted by 4% on Autoebid- £2500 to £3000.

Which means that even if I like it on test drive, I will ask for the Autoebid level of discount or else I will cancel the order and request  my deposit back.

Carfile discounts on the 2023 UXe are £4195 to £5059 too. Having had a look at Autotrader, Mercedes are offering a £9000 deposit contribution on 'used' EQC models, including nearly new which are already heavily discounted. I think Lexus will have to discount too given the general price reductions of (some) EV's but could be wrong!   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chris UXe said:

Carfile discounts on the 2023 UXe are £4195 to £5059 too. Having had a look at Autotrader, Mercedes are offering a £9000 deposit contribution on 'used' EQC models, including nearly new which are already heavily discounted. I think Lexus will have to discount too given the general price reductions of (some) EV's but could be wrong!   

Exactly all the 2023 Lexus prices seem to have a £15k mark-up and I suspect if they don’t offer significant discounts on their cars , they’ll loose sales to other marquees 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 6:08 PM, Fatts said:

I’ll call them in the morning. I had a call a few weeks ago and they were expecting the demo on the 1st April. 

10 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

I’ll call them in the morning. I had a call a few weeks ago and they were expecting the demo on the 1st April. 

They said this morning the demo referred to must have been the upgraded RX. They are now expecting the RZ demo May / June so going well back from last date of 1st April

• 2 weeks later...

Just received an update direct from Lexus - my Takumi is built and on the way !  The dealer said the demo wouldn’t be available until May / June so my car may arrive before then ! 

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

Well, don't you want a test drive first?

I won’t take the car without a test drive. When I placed the order and parted with £500 I told them it would have to as easy to get in and out off as my Range Rover Velar and that the cost to change would be reasonable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

I won’t take the car without a test drive. When I placed the order and parted with £500 I told them it would have to as easy to get in and out off as my Range Rover Velar and that the cost to change would be reasonable. 

Make sure you do at least 50 miles and check real life rangeas well.

17 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Just received an update direct from Lexus - my Takumi is built and on the way !  The dealer said the demo wouldn’t be available until May / June so my car may arrive before then ! 

As a matter of interest, when did you actually order yours? I ordered mine last may and still no sign of them starting the build.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links