Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

Must be warmer this week in Fife, can't get to Ken's heady 52.5.....................stuck at 51.8 again after top up.........light right foot for the next week see if I can trick it into creeping beyond 52 🤞

• Haha 1

Back to 52.3/48.1 this evening. Yesterday's charge of 47.5 with aircon resulted in an actual 41 on a mix of motorway and urban roads in temperatures of less than the seasonal norm.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevek13 said:

Just fully charged it and it's showing

EV Range:  44.9 miles

EV Range with AC:  44.4 miles

Does match what we got out of it today (warm day, no heating required) 

Probably should have posted that in this thread

• Thanks 1

SUMMARY SO FAR

Overall average to date is 46.3 miles without A/C and 43.7 with the A/C. This excludes the highest and lowest figure in each category to reduce the distorting affect of the 'extremes'.

The most noticeable differences is between those who have started reporting recently (I assume they received their vehicles more recently) and those who who have had their vehicles longer. In particular, Ken has consistently been achieving over 50miles since mid-April (no A/C) and has made the most contributions; suggesting he is regularly cycling the Battery. Those with the fewest contributions may still be using their cars a lot and not reporting results but as their figures are generally below 45 miles, I'm guessing that their batteries are not getting cycled as often or as deeply as Ken is doing.

Personally, I have yet to crack the magic 50 (my best is 47.7). It was creeping up nicely through April but then dropped by nearly 2 miles when we came into May. However, my last 3 charges have all seen less than a half mile difference between the with and without A/C figures. This is much smaller than others are achieving but whether it is down to environmental conditions or my reluctance to turn the heating on, I'm not sure!

Overall, it does seem that what we expected is true, namely that our cars, like us, prefer the warmer weather.

• Like 1

This evening's charge (having completely used up the "EV" range today despite a cheeky top-up while out and about) has breached the magic 60 again - 60 w/o AC, 58.2 with. The indicated range has been creeping up again over the last few weeks now that the weather is warmer. I'm approaching the first anniversary of having the car and it has done 20k miles. I will see if I can get a good estimate on achieved range over the next couple of days.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

This evening's charge (having completely used up the "EV" range today despite a cheeky top-up while out and about) has breached the magic 60 again - 60 w/o AC, 58.2 with. The indicated range has been creeping up again over the last few weeks now that the weather is warmer. I'm approaching the first anniversary of having the car and it has done 20k miles. I will see if I can get a good estimate on achieved range over the next couple of days.

Wow! I have never reached these dizzy heights!

23 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

Then tonight 53.4/52.3

Today, I've done 13 miles and range now showing 39, so the estimate was about right.

Re-charged and tonight's estimate is 53.4/52.4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After reaching 58 miles indicated from last night's charge, I did a couple of local trips then "topped up" giving an indicated 57 miles. I then did a round trip of around 50 miles, after 25 miles outwards the indicated range had dropped to around 31 miles. But I only managed around 23 miles of the trip back before the engine came on, so around 48 miles achieved in total. A mixture of different types of roads and speeds up to 60 mph.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The_Doctor said:

After reaching 58 miles indicated from last night's charge, I did a couple of local trips then "topped up" giving an indicated 57 miles. I then did a round trip of around 50 miles, after 25 miles outwards the indicated range had dropped to around 31 miles. But I only managed around 23 miles of the trip back before the engine came on, so around 48 miles achieved in total. A mixture of different types of roads and speeds up to 60 mph.

I often find that the range drops more swiftly when the indicated range hits 25 miles. 

21 hours ago, Ken R said:

I often find that the range drops more swiftly when the indicated range hits 25 miles. 

Interesting, I think my experience is similar, perhaps below around 30 miles.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links