Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

Todays numbers are. 47.6 and 46.6  again marginal increase

still getting error message when checking progress on charge with iPad , but did get it to work once with phone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonight's recharge and the non aircon prediction continues to rise and now at 56.6. The with aircon figure up on yesterday's at 54.3.

Actual was a slightly disappointing 44 from the previous predicted 53.7 however aircon was working overtime in the current heatwave!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies for the long post, but I have been dipping in and out of this thread for a while and since my app has stopped telling me the state of my Battery I have been mulling over different methods of tracing efficiency.

I used to track the predicted EV mileage and the car would regularly predict 50+ miles in the summer and 45+ in the winter following each full charge.  In March my app, among losing various other functions, stopped reporting the Battery charge state and so I sort of lost interest, however I then started to use the car to see what the predicted range was and compare to what I was actually getting.

Over the summer, I would be presented with a predicted range of 50-55 miles in EV mode, however I would be lucky to get 40, and would regularly get 35-39 miles from a full charge.  This started me thinking about what the predicted range should actually be.

My journeys tend to be short (3-6 miles) and irregular, so the car is often having to heat/cool and I always have the AC on, I am not expecting the highest ranges. My displayed m/kWh was 3.1, even whilst using ECO mode.  Looking at the profile of the car and the Battery pack (18.1 kWh) with the car switching to HV mode at 30% made me re-evaluate how I looked at the range calculations.

At 30% Battery reserved for HV mode, my actual EV-only capacity is 12.67kWh.  If I take the efficiency my car reported of 3.1 m/kWh my actual range should be 39.2 miles. This correlates to the distances I am actually seeing over my journeys on a single charge.

Despite the reported 3.1 m/kWh it would always start with an EV range of 50+ miles and the gap between this and my prediction of 39 miles would shrink proportionally until switching to HV mode.

Knowing that my journey profile isn’t the best, often enjoying the acceleration of the EV and having AC always on, I decided to reset everything, go on a long journey and see what I could get out of it.

Starting at a full charge, reporting 54 miles range, I fixed to EV mode and set off on a mixture of urban and A roads sticking to the lower ECO range of the acceleration and driving in ECO mode.  I needed to split across a couple of journeys, but the gap between them was minimal, so the cabin temp should be maintained.  Overall I managed to travel 49.1 miles, with 3.8 m/kWh reported.  When I returned home in HV mode, I recharged to full, putting in 13.54 kWh, which would have been 3.62 m/kWh, allowing for the Battery below 30%, isn’t too far away from the 3.8 that the car reported.

So where is the car getting its 54 mile range prediction from?  If I assume it is the EV only range, and allowing for a small amount of re-gen from braking, I would guesstimate a total 13.5 kWh EV only capacity.  In order to achieve the 54 miles, it would have to have an efficiency of 4 m/kWh.

Not having gone through all 15 pages (so far) of this thread to see if this has been raised before, I would be interested for people to not only post what predicted mileage they are getting, but also the m/kWh number as well, as the car seems to report this more accurately than the predicted range.

If you’ve made it this far, well done.  Maybe if my app’s Battery state page was working correctly rather than only showing the car as “charging” and the Battery level at 50% I wouldn’t have gone down this rabbit hole.

If anyone can see a flaw in my logic, please let me know as I am either looking at things wrong or I am using the car totally wrong 😄

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, SA1 said:

Apologies for the long post, but I have been dipping in and out of this thread for a while and since my app has stopped telling me the state of my battery I have been mulling over different methods of tracing efficiency.

I used to track the predicted EV mileage and the car would regularly predict 50+ miles in the summer and 45+ in the winter following each full charge.  In March my app, among losing various other functions, stopped reporting the battery charge state and so I sort of lost interest, however I then started to use the car to see what the predicted range was and compare to what I was actually getting.

Over the summer, I would be presented with a predicted range of 50-55 miles in EV mode, however I would be lucky to get 40, and would regularly get 35-39 miles from a full charge.  This started me thinking about what the predicted range should actually be.

My journeys tend to be short (3-6 miles) and irregular, so the car is often having to heat/cool and I always have the AC on, I am not expecting the highest ranges. My displayed m/kWh was 3.1, even whilst using ECO mode.  Looking at the profile of the car and the battery pack (18.1 kWh) with the car switching to HV mode at 30% made me re-evaluate how I looked at the range calculations.

At 30% battery reserved for HV mode, my actual EV-only capacity is 12.67kWh.  If I take the efficiency my car reported of 3.1 m/kWh my actual range should be 39.2 miles. This correlates to the distances I am actually seeing over my journeys on a single charge.

Despite the reported 3.1 m/kWh it would always start with an EV range of 50+ miles and the gap between this and my prediction of 39 miles would shrink proportionally until switching to HV mode.

Knowing that my journey profile isn’t the best, often enjoying the acceleration of the EV and having AC always on, I decided to reset everything, go on a long journey and see what I could get out of it.

Starting at a full charge, reporting 54 miles range, I fixed to EV mode and set off on a mixture of urban and A roads sticking to the lower ECO range of the acceleration and driving in ECO mode.  I needed to split across a couple of journeys, but the gap between them was minimal, so the cabin temp should be maintained.  Overall I managed to travel 49.1 miles, with 3.8 m/kWh reported.  When I returned home in HV mode, I recharged to full, putting in 13.54 kWh, which would have been 3.62 m/kWh, allowing for the battery below 30%, isn’t too far away from the 3.8 that the car reported.

So where is the car getting its 54 mile range prediction from?  If I assume it is the EV only range, and allowing for a small amount of re-gen from braking, I would guesstimate a total 13.5 kWh EV only capacity.  In order to achieve the 54 miles, it would have to have an efficiency of 4 m/kWh.

Not having gone through all 15 pages (so far) of this thread to see if this has been raised before, I would be interested for people to not only post what predicted mileage they are getting, but also the m/kWh number as well, as the car seems to report this more accurately than the predicted range.

If you’ve made it this far, well done.  Maybe if my app’s battery state page was working correctly rather than only showing the car as “charging” and the battery level at 50% I wouldn’t have gone down this rabbit hole.

If anyone can see a flaw in my logic, please let me know as I am either looking at things wrong or I am using the car totally wrong 😄

Quite a read! Taking this all into account ongoing, I have to ask have you totally deleted the app and re-installed it? I might even go as far as to register as a new user with another email address and then install the app. It has to work! It does for (most) others! Just saying…

1 hour ago, Harry Junior said:

Quite a read! Taking this all into account ongoing, I have to ask have you totally deleted the app and re-installed it? I might even go as far as to register as a new user with another email address and then install the app. It has to work! It does for (most) others! Just saying…

I haven't tried that route yet.  The current date of the charging status is 24th April 2024 so I was just going to wait until that date passed to see what happened.

I am reluctant to create a new account as I will need to redo my big list of satnav destinations and all of the other settings.  Maybe I'll bite the bullet and try it out.

• Like 1

Todays figures are 47.8 and 46.9.  
Ev range has not increased at all  for the 1st time since I got the car.  The ac range has only increased by 0.01 

has it peaked ? 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HMT said:

Todays figures are 47.8 and 46.9.  
Ev range has not increased at all  for the 1st time since I got the car.  The ac range has only increased by 0.01 

has it peaked ? 

I think we're on 5he turn. My charge today was 0.3 down on its best.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Autumn is definitely here and it looks that predicted range is levelling off. Tonight's recharge predicting 56.2/54.5. The non aircon figure slightly down on previous and with aircon marginally up but both below the years best. What is disappointing is that the previous predicted 54.3 with aircon delivered only 36.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tonight's recharge predicting 56.2/53.9 which confirms that the 2023 peak for me has probably been reached and I expect that figures will reduce as the temperature does likewise. Also having to reinstall the Lexus Link + app each time I recharge the car which is a pain!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Today a full charge showed 67.7/65.0 miles which I think is the best I've seen to date. Of course achieved range is still nothing like; I set off on a regular 18 mile journey prior to that charge today with 50 miles indicated and it used something like 30 miles of range although I was driving into a stiff wind most of the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tonight's recharge repeating the previous non aircon prediction of 56.2 however the with aircon slightly higher than last night at 54.5.

Actual achieved today was 42 miles on the predicted 53.9.

• Thanks 2

So we’re on the turn.. peaked at 65.2 last week but now dropping away (albeit slowly) today was 64.9/64.2 funnily enough though the AC is creeping upwards? 
real world mile per kWh is also dropping away, normal journey home returned 3.8 (mainly country roads and urban) rather than above the usual 4+

Have a decent round trip ahead this Friday, 270ish there and back, mainly motorway but no doubt stacked as per..

full charge outbound and return so will see how it gets on. 

(Ran lean on fuel this morning to say the least.. that’s the confidence I guess though that a PHEV offers)

IMG_0393.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Surprisingly the prediction is inching up again. This evenings prediction is 56.5/54.8. 

Today's actual was 46 against last night's prediction of 54.5. Did a 52 mile round trip and the outbound journey consumed 27 miles of charge in the 26 mile route, however the return following exactly the same route ran out of available power after only 19 miles. This is the usual pattern for me in that the Battery depletes rapidly after it reduces to 50% charge level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m on the descent now… (albeit from a very decent place, 64.4) most noticeable trend is the useable kWh capacity is decreasing, I’m assuming due to the need to preserve more to maintain optimum hybrid systems/state of charge etc..

I’d peaked at being able to have a usable 14.79kWh (July) to 14.31kWh (last night) With the decrease in miles to kWH too I’m seeing what looks like decent starting range to losing around 20% of that as a real world performance. (Used to lose no more than 10%) Depending on drive of course. A coldish (single figures temp) early start to London yesterday saw 3.6kWh rather than my previous 4.1-4.4kWh.

Pretty much the same on return. however Car still returned over 50% of the journey in in EV (combined 136 miles of the 266) essentially only used fuel for one way (if you look at it like that) great return still..

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Todays figures are 48.0 and 47.0

I thought after the last charge that I had peaked, but again a small increase

did a bit more running in HV mode a few days ago and finally after a few weeks have got the petrol % down from 100 to 90%. From filling up it showed a range as 542 miles and now down to 404 miles at 90%  not sure if the figures are believable ?

• Thanks 2

I have to say I even find that the HV range is very reliable.. for example I’d set off on for the 266 round trip with 236 HV and 64 EV. 
charged again at destination with having 154 HV range (63 EV) by the time I was home had a HV range of 48.. so yeah.. it’s a generally a reliable figure too.. depending on how you drive of course

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links