Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ended without bids... seller reckons Motorway would give £10,500 for the car any time... which begs the question why is he even bothering listing it on eBay for £9000, when he can get £1,500 more in 15 minutes. The answer is that he is is checking price for the car as if it is not written-off and in perfect condition, despite disclaimer clearly stating the price is only true "if car was never recorded as total loss and does not have damage except of normal wear and tear".

That it was poorly fixed does not make it unrecorded again 🙂 

Would of been interesting to run a magnet down the left C pillar testing for body filler, looked like it had crumpled from the smash looking closely at the photos. 

If the repair work was good and everything replaced as it should of been (rear crash bar, boot etc) and no further damage to rear subframe etc. If it came with proof of full service history I think it would of been a steal, especially for a what would of been a very capable track car for 9k.

Just my 2p worth, what do you guys think ?

26 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

Would of been interesting to run a magnet down the left C pillar testing for body filler, looked like it had crumpled from the smash looking closely at the photos. 

If the repair work was good and everything replaced as it should of been (rear crash bar, boot etc) and no further damage to rear subframe etc. If it came with proof of full service history I think it would of been a steal, especially for a what would of been a very capable track car for 9k.

Just my 2p worth, what do you guys think ?

I would agree just about, though it would have had to be a bit under £9k for me. I remind myself when looking at categorised cars, that there are cars out there that have had shunts, been repaired well and sold on without being categorised. 

This person is at least supplying the raw photographs of the crash, personally I wouldn't be happy about those photos going up on a forum for eternity if it were my car, but that's the nature of the game. If they had of just cleaned and polished the car, presented it properly with consistent pictures, I reckon that will have sold or not far off.

Anything under £9k will have been a steal, assuming the repair is decent which can only really be judged in person. One thing is for sure, they won't be selling it for £9k to anyone who sees this thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EP80 said:

Anything under £9k will have been a steal, assuming the repair is decent which can only really be judged in person. One thing is for sure, they won't be selling it for £9k to anyone who sees this thread.

Or anyone that has some clue about the work and costs involved. As well assuming the car gone trough the insurers auctions this information would be available to anyone willing to spend like £3 for history check... if car goes trough Copart or any public auction all the pictures ever published are kept and could be access. Besides I think it is big positive to see the pictures of Cat-S vs. just having to judge the car on the spot without any clue how it looked after the accident. So yeah... I don't think this thread did any damage to the sale apart of pointing out the obvious risks and some educated takes on how good was the deal. 

42 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

been a very capable track car for 9k.

If intention is to turn it into track car, then in my opinion the quality of the repairs to the rear doesn't really matter. Put the roll cage in, brace between the rear towers and as long as geometry of the rear suspension hasn't moved then who cares about C-pillar (which looking at the picture doesn't seem like the damage was that bad to affect it). After all, apart of suspension mounting points, the rest of the rear is just "cosmetic". 

However, when building track car I think the overall competitiveness of the car matters and there are simply more competitive options around for £9k i.e. why buy IS-F which was already fixed for £9k if you could get some other car which will perform just as good for £5k... both still going to need like £10-20k of mandatory equipment to prepare them for racing and much of the repairs which were done to car doesn't help anyway... because in it's stock form IS-F would need a lo of suspension upgrades before being competitive racing car anyway. 

I guess what I am saying - IS-F isn't really that great track car, if that is only purpose. The strength of IS-F comes from reliability and being great daily... which can as well do a track day with some minor mods at the same time. But when the positives of daily driving are removed, then as pure track car it doesn't make that much sense in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links