Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link

On my 350h I am having issues with link not connecting. Consequently memory seat function not working.  If I log in again using QR it eventually starts to work until I switch off and then not working again.  Booked into dealers next Tuesday 14th Feb.  Has  anyone else had this issue and remedy if any.

thanks in advance.

Yes I had major issues with this as well ang the people could not help me so I call that inadequate.  I just paid $80 for the yearly fee is ts frustrating that this high end vehicle has issues.  My husband has a  2023 Genesis G70 and has NO issues with his...

Update regarding this problem. My car was in at Lexus today for a check re my issue.  It is now booked in for next Thursday 23rd for a further software update being released next week which should cure. Looks as though Lexus has acknowleged the issue.  Will update as and when.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got some frustrated with the App i finally wrote to Lexus UK Managing Director, and guess what he admitted it is not fit for purpose. In my case, since January 2021, find my car doesnt work...as per other topics on here, Pre Heat has never worked, Navigation has never work, mileage is inaccurate. Yesterday, the car was in for full updgarde of softwear, guess what still doesnt work. As a prestige brand its shocking that Lexus cant get an App that works. More should be made of this in the News. Lexus continue to advertise the App online. It's about time they sorted this issue once and for all.....

• Like 4

It is also frustrating when features that have worked (remote heating and mileage etc) stop working for no apparent reason

It is good that you had a response from Lexus UK maybe if we all start contacting them something will go up the chain to HQ. For things like the app and car connectivity which are centralised, it would be nice if they had a direct forum for issues rather than relying on the dealers who can do nothing about it

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 9:25 AM, SA1 said:

It is also frustrating when features that have worked (remote heating and mileage etc) stop working for no apparent reason

It is good that you had a response from Lexus UK maybe if we all start contacting them something will go up the chain to HQ. For things like the app and car connectivity which are centralised, it would be nice if they had a direct forum for issues rather than relying on the dealers who can do nothing about it

Agree the Lexus Link is awful. Mine has now stopped recording mileage, only records about one journey in 4 and now states my car is 13 miles away and the date is 11 March when it's 17 Feb. Hugely disappointing and I am totally fed up with it.Spoils what is otherwise a brilliant car.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Agree the Lexus Link is awful. Mine has now stopped recording mileage, only records about one journey in 4 and now states my car is 13 miles away and the date is 11 March when it's 17 Feb. Hugely disappointing and I am totally fed up with it.Spoils what is otherwise a brilliant car.

I’m glad it’s not just mine that’s saying a future date, currently saying 10th March. 
I’m just hoping that it’ll get sorted soon and we can all start using the features properly

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 3:11 PM, Roberta D said:

Yes I had major issues with this as well ang the people could not help me so I call that inadequate.  I just paid $80 for the yearly fee is ts frustrating that this high end vehicle has issues.  My husband has a  2023 Genesis G70 and has NO issues with his...

Hyundai make great cars, as Lexus once did.
I feel the new NX was rushed to meet demand and the usual testing and quality control were dropped to speed up production.
That and lacking a small car binning the IS then th CT to concentrate on luxo-barges and SUV's will be a mistake in the long run.

I bought the face lifted NX in 2020 premium plus and almost three years of ownership from new the only work I've needed was a replacement tyre.     

On 2/17/2023 at 8:04 PM, SA1 said:

I’m glad it’s not just mine that’s saying a future date, currently saying 10th March. 
I’m just hoping that it’ll get sorted soon and we can all start using the features properly

Mine now showing 13 March on 19 Feb and my car parked 2 miles away when its actually in my drive. At least the mileage is now accurate.

I don't have the car yet but I use Lexus Link app from time to time to track the order status. I have noticed recently that the app no longer asks for fingerprint validation while logging into the android app. It definitely used to in the past.

I can still secure the app via a 4 digit pin but somehow can not enable the finger print authorisation in the settings. Did anyone face this issue and how did they managed to resolve this?

Again, this is a non issue right now however any insight will be appreciated. Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Vira said:

I don't have the car yet but I use Lexus Link app from time to time to track the order status. I have noticed recently that the app no longer asks for fingerprint validation while logging into the android app. It definitely used to in the past.

I can still secure the app via a 4 digit pin but somehow can not enable the finger print authorisation in the settings. Did anyone face this issue and how did they managed to resolve this?

Again, this is a non issue right now however any insight will be appreciated. Thanks 

Have you tried going into the app, selecting "Account" (right hand icon at the bottom), then "Settings"? What does it show under the "Security" heading? Can you adjust these to give what you want?

22 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Have you tried going into the app, selecting "Account" (right hand icon at the bottom), then "Settings"? What does it show under the "Security" heading? Can you adjust these to give what you want?

Thats the 1st place I looked which currently looks like this:

image.thumb.png.f0071a378b794ca5af33adb3822488f2.png

So it is telling me that the fingerprint validation is on and pin is off. But now the Lexus app does not need any validation at all.

If I switch the pin on then it will ask me for my pin before allowing me in. How strange!

19 hours ago, bgb said:

I think you have to log out of the app to then be prompted to login again with fingerprint, otherwise you just stay logged in.

Thanks. Uninstalled the app and installed again, initiated finger print but the app still did not ask for finger print though. Then saw your message, logged out and then tried to login - this time it offered to log in via finger print or the 4 digit code and when I choose the finger print, it prompted the option to scan the finger print. So logging out and then trying to log back in seems to trigger the app to think about the finger print but when just closed without logging out prompts only for the 4 digit pin. Strange but not a big deal.

Just received the following software recall. 

Due to an incorrect programming of the DCM software, if the ignition turns on within a few minutes after it is turned off, there is a possibility that the most recent location data* will be cleared. A vehicle with an eCall system that cannot transmit current location data may not conform to applicable requirements of local regulations in certain countries.

2. Due to an incorrect programming of the DCM software, there is a possibility that dark current will increase after certain period of time from vehicle shipment, causing the discharge of an auxiliary Battery.

3. Due to an incorrect programming of the DCM software, there is a possibility that the
connected service will not be available after a certain period of time from the ignition
turns off.

4. Due to an incorrect programming of the DCM software, there is a possibility that OTA (Over The Air) software update will stop after a certain period of time from the ignition turns on and will not restart unless the ignition turns off and on, causing that the software update takes longer time than expected.

This is yet another one, and a very disappointing experience from Lexus, how can they release a new model on the road with so many software problems? 
I  am not qualified to know what is needed as a once and for all fix, any ideas anyone? 
We should all be due some form of compensation, and if we all complain to head office together we should get somewhere. 

• Like 1

Update:  Since getting the latest software update I have done a few trips.  The link has shown every trip without fail.  Without tempting fate I would say that it now works as it should and the update has cured the issues.  My recommendation to anyone having issues is to get into the dealership and get the recall updates done.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know what version of the software they had and what it is after the update?

I ask because I have had very few problems with the app showing the incorrect location or not recording journeys. Since my car was built in June last year, I would have thought that it would have had an early/earlier version of the software than the people experiencing problems with more recent builds.

• 4 weeks later...

Had the DCM recall update done when the car was in for it's first service last week. Instead of about one in four journeys being recorded previously I now get around 3 out of four however the total mileage doesn't sync with the car, the date and location of the car is incorrect and the service record is also wrong. Tried deleting the app and re registering but this has made no difference. Very disappointing. Any ideas what I can try next?

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

Had the DCM recall update done when the car was in for it's first service last week. Instead of about one in four journeys being recorded previously I now get around 3 out of four however the total mileage doesn't sync with the car, the date and location of the car is incorrect and the service record is also wrong. Tried deleting the app and re registering but this has made no difference. Very disappointing. Any ideas what I can try next?

Mine was booked in next week but I think the main DCM work is on hold now, below is what is on the Lexus-tech.eu website for my VIN

image.thumb.png.7b026981721af0cdb7aee5d92c11de0d.png

when I queried with the garage they said that until I receive a letter that recall won’t be done

I’m still having connectivity issues with location, journeys etc but I know of one other who had the DCM update done and then their car was complaining of connectivity all of the time and popping up on the screen and they are now waiting for a new DCM to be ordered and fitted. They’re not happy

I am told that the DCM update was completed and certainly haven't experienced any issues. As I said the link app has performed better post the update but still isn't great.  Word I am getting is that the app now needs to be updated and this will be released soon. Software update relating to the front camera was also completed.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ken R said:

I am told that the DCM update was completed and certainly haven't experienced any issues. As I said the link app has performed better post the update but still isn't great.  Word I am getting is that the app now needs to be updated and this will be released soon. Software update relating to the front camera was also completed.

Ken, if you go into Settings (in the car) and select 'Navigation', 'Other' and then 'Position/Direction'; does it show the position of your car accurately? If not you can move the map so that the correct position is shown (Press okay) and then do the same for Direction. Having reset the car's position, it would be interesting to know if your car then starts reporting the correct location more reliably.

Is the front camera software update you mention related the LTA update do you know? My app shows only two recall updates are required, LTA and DCM, but I know that non-safety related issues (fuel filler door for example) do not appear as recalls.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for this. Will give it a go and report back. I wasn't aware of the front camera software update until I booked the car in for service (wasn't aware of the DCM recall either). Completed 4 journeys today but the app only recorded 3!

What I have noticed is that the Premium Plus pack with sunroof is now listing front cross traffic alert as part of the pack. Does yours have this?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links