Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS 430 more spacious than a LS600HL...?

Hi All,

i have a LS430 and I was considering buying an LS600HL. But, when I sat in the front seat of the LS600HL for the first time, the leg room felt smaller when compared to my LS430...

This is strange as the 600 is a much bigger car compared to the 430. I did try to push the front seat all the way back but still the legroom felt smaller than the 430.

Has anyone notice this at all..? 

personally, if you think and " feel " the position to be a tad uncomfy then just don't trade into a Ls600

I also have this problem with my Ls400 ( immensely " just right " )  and my wonderful Honda Legend to which I just cannot get " quite right " seating, leg room space etc

On a long journey the " not quite right " scenario will cause you some angst and non-comfyness

Malc

• Like 1

Is the HL the 'stretched' version of the 600? If so, it might be the case that the front seat legroom has been reduced so that the 'dignitary' in the back can really stretch out.

• Like 1

I certainly found the rear seating in 430 seems to be more claustrophobic than the 400, which reading this post does make we wonder if its more of a 'brain' thing the space around you right or wrong.

As Malc says it is the long journeys where you really get to know if the car is 'just right' for you.  Took me about 4 months with my first LS to get the seat right, and about 10 minutes with my second one.

• Like 2

I've had, in the following sequence Ls400, Ls430 and now Ls600hl and personally I found the Ls400 most comfortable followed by the Ls430 and then the Ls600hl.  They changed the seats to make them more 'sporty', the Ls600hl does have more room for the 'VIPs' in the back and , of course, because of the hybrid Battery the space in the boot/trunk is laughable (do check this out).  Also remember that the 600hl comes with 2 inbuilt potentially catastrophic 'features' ( air suspension and hybrid battery)!  On the other hand the power delivery from the 5.0l V8 plus hybrid motor via all wheel drive is unbelievable.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tulpen said:

Is the HL the 'stretched' version of the 600? If so, it might be the case that the front seat legroom has been reduced so that the 'dignitary' in the back can really stretch out.

Yes it is the stretched version so plenty of legroom in the back, not so much in the front..

The need for a rear seat passenger's needs just vanish .......  so few drivers of these cars have a rear seat passenger ever methinks  .......  it's not your " average " family saloon needing space for lots of family to be carried around 

And the 5.0 ltr .  well, my simple V8  4 Ltr Ls400 is quite quite responsive enough for me and probably most normal drivers eh !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links