Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

This 2009 lexus is220d I am trying to sort for my daughter is missing one of the fixings for the Battery clamp. The one that hooks into the bulkhead is there along with the cross Battery part of the clamp. What does the other fixing that goes from the clamp on the top of the Battery to the base of the Battery box, look like?? And how does it fit into the Battery box and the clamp??

Thanks

Bill W

It should be just a rod, threaded at the top to go through the clamp with a nut and a tight bend at the bottom to hook through a hole in the side of the Battery tray.

It's a pretty standard part - you should be able to get one from a scrapyard. Doesn't need to be from a IS220d or even from a Lexus. Just check the length you need.

You could get some threaded rod and a nut, but it might be difficult to get a bend at the bottom.

This is the clamp that is on the car. The Battery appears not to be original but still works OK.

The photo’s show that it appear that there is a fitment for a hook to fit in. On the Battery box there is a slot that another hook would fit into. 
Confused in Hull.

Bill W.

1B6C14BE-8667-42E3-A4AD-D216DCC5D284.jpeg

AD53A1AE-97D3-4BB5-81DB-8C3D6D7C3766.jpeg

60A0EB87-E839-4D1E-AEF3-A1CDD1F01659.jpeg

It is most likely where it is, Lexus Battery clamp design in these models is really finicky and kind of requires 4 hands just to do a simple clamp. That said the old one most likely have it's bottom rotten away or mangled. 

That is what you need:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394119576960

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225370515158

If you want one from UK, then ask the breakers, but be prepared to pay arm and leg, because they won't go looking for it in the yard for anything less than £50. That is sort of standard fee for any part regardless of the size or value. 

Try Lexus for a price. 

I got the top part of the hold-down bracket from Lexus some time ago and from memory it was'nt in any way expensive.

Part number for my car (2009 IS250C) is:  74408-22030

74408-22030Battery Carrier

That is true - Lexus itself is an option. I remember needing headlight washer jet cover. Lexus supplies them painted in the right colour for £18+VAT, whereas breakers wanted £60 and you get the colour you get and need to find somebody would will paint it for you. 

Hi Declan,

I think I might have got lucky. Although I hadn’t figured out how it fitted, I actually have ordered one earlier today. It wasn’t until I saw the exploded diagram you posted that it clicked as to how it fitted. Just a bit crude for the Japanese though?? Where did you get that diagram from?

Thanks

Bill W.

Repair manual usually has them. Some part sellers as well use them on their sites. If it has part numbers I assume it is from parts seller, I assume they have parts journals from manufacturer e.g. https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/vehicle?c=LEXUS00&ssd=%24*KwEdKThQQEUYX39fcUhFKUVRcXZoGRYbGggODUtuUgpMTQsRVlpWGxwYGh8MBQtUERANFAkKf297ajtaSA8MREsNFAkJMSshHR4EaWp6ZWNUVEQNWEoKFQ4LGERKMw0CCQpJR00JTFhVUgAAAAB-rd-6%24&vid=0&q=

Yes - Battery mounting is overengineered and at the same time kind of silly on IS mk2... I always thought there must be better way! 

Hi Bill,

I use Megazip for the diagrams and part numbers.

This is the link:  https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/lexus-is-42401/gse20-57089/gse20r-aktlhw-926192

If you enter your VIN in the search box at the top of the page it will bring up the diagrams relevant for your car.

Hope this is of help.

Dec.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links