Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Built in swimming pool

So whilst checking my boot the other day I noticed that I appear to have a built in swimming pool in the rear off side well. :o

I got a mechanic friend to take a look and he reckons the water is coming in somewhere half way up the rear window but the aren't any tears or rips etc in the window rubber. He also said that due to the colour of the water and the marks on the inside of the rear panel it has been leaking for a while

Has anyone else suffered this problem and what do you reckon the situation will be regarding a warranty repair :?::?:

you dont have to have any tears/rips in the seal for it to leak, if there is even the tinyest gap - may not even be possible to see, then the water will come in - have a really good look and see if the seal has/is lifted away.

as for the repair/warranty I dont see it being a problem at all and the source would be fairly easy to find.

I have often used an ultra sonic unit - place the wave producer inside the vehicle, and with a "sniffer" device they go around the seals and where the leak is its indicated on a little guage/series of acending lights etc.

your options are to replace the seal or re seal.

The sniffer technology sounds very professional.

My mechanic mate took the lining out of the boot and shut himself inside it whilst water was sprayed on the car to find the leak. Old school stylee

I'll book it into a dealers to get it checked.

I hope they have a sniffer device otherwise the pool may turn into a lake!!!!!

:lol:

• 9 months later...

Hi Frank,

I eventually had the rear screen replaced and found that one side of it was hardly bonded the the frame at all. Of course due the the way the screens are put in you can't actually see that.

It turned out that my car had previously been accident repaired!

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links