Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto folding wing mirrors

2 hours ago, Roddersbuck said:

I’ve got the 22 fsport and the only thing that really bugs me is no auto folding wing mirrors as the new 23 model has this feature would a retrofit be easier

That's Japanese manufactures for you to be frank, the UK management woulden't even know about that stupidity and am sure it's just a typical Japanese oversight 

as for getting it working in your car no problem with a qualified dealership most aren't, and you will get a blank look 

as for myself, I just live with it 

6 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

That's Japanese manufactures for you to be frank, the UK management woulden't even know about that stupidity and am sure it's just a typical Japanese oversight 

as for getting it working in your car no problem with a qualified dealership most aren't, and you will get a blank look 

as for myself, I just live with it 

This is the one failing with Lexus, they fail to add auto folding mirrors to all the range even though the wiring is in place, because the windows fold manually using the provided switch. Strange saving to choose when they add so much other tech as standard. 

As said, I have also decided to live with it, I manually fold the windows when leaving the car.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Also, no heated steering wheel another forgetful moment 

This was on my 2020 Premium Plus and is also on my 2023 Premium Plus.

26 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

This was on my 2020 Premium Plus and is also on my 2023 Premium Plus.

Indeed Barry 

as i said above, the so-called Lexus special service is only available in Japan everyone else gets what they're given even if they paid additional money like i did with the premium pack plus 

it makes no difference as the UK staff don't care about that type of thing, they know nothing to start off with what they're doing in a car showroom like a Lexus only god knows 

13 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Indeed Barry 

as i said above, the so-called Lexus special service is only available in Japan everyone else gets what they're given even if they paid additional money like i did with the premium pack plus 

it makes no difference as the UK staff don't care about that type of thing, they know nothing to start off with what they're doing in a car showroom like a Lexus only god knows 

Sorry I meant this feature is/was included on the Premium Plus Nick.

How odd. My '20 F-Sport has both auto folding mirrors (well - push the rocker button ahead of the electric window switches to make them fold/unfold electrically, it doesn't do it when you lock/unlock the car) and a heated steering wheel - but it does have the 'tech and safety' pack. I honestly thought the auto folding mirrors was a standard fitment on the F-Sport, but obviously I'm mistaken on that. 

53 minutes ago, Gary H said:

How odd. My '20 F-Sport has both auto folding mirrors (well - push the rocker button ahead of the electric window switches to make them fold/unfold electrically, it doesn't do it when you lock/unlock the car) and a heated steering wheel - but it does have the 'tech and safety' pack. I honestly thought the auto folding mirrors was a standard fitment on the F-Sport, but obviously I'm mistaken on that. 

Only the ‘Takumi’ has auto folding mirrors. In my premium pack, i got the sunroof but no heated steering wheel. These things don't bother me, but when you pay extra, it's just a common courtesy to know what you're getting. My dealer had no idea about good manners and subsequently most of the staff have left along with the manager.

I'm determined to get the dealership at my level like the takumi level of service it might take some time as there is still one other person I don't like there, but I'm getting there little by little 

If I should ever buy new and it did not come with auto mirrors / h-steering wheel & head up I would tell them in the showroom I am off to Kia (and would do)

13 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Only the ‘Takumi’ has auto folding mirrors. In my premium pack, i got the sunroof but no heated steering wheel. These things don't bother me, but when you pay extra, it's just a common courtesy to know what you're getting. My dealer had no idea about good manners and subsequently most of the staff have left along with the manager.

I'm determined to get the dealership at my level like the takumi level of service it might take some time as there is still one other person I don't like there, but I'm getting there little by little 

As I tried to say previously Nick and perhaps not clearly my non-Takumi base models I have  previously and now have which has the premium plus packages has a heated steering wheel and the latest one auto folding mirrors when locking/unlocking the car.

33 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

As I tried to say previously Nick and perhaps not clearly my non-Takumi base models I have  previously and now have which has the premium plus packages has a heated steering wheel and the latest one auto folding mirrors when locking/unlocking the car.

Ah, i see. The f sport UX with the premium plus package always had the folding mirror and heated steering wheel.

Mine is just premium sport edition, not f sport  

Personally, with the car situation the way it's been over the past 3 years, anything can happen 

my apologies for not fully understanding the question 

• Thanks 1

When I finally decided to go for a Lexus UX last December I ordered the top spec (cant  remember what it was but one down from Takumi)

Browsing through spec afterward I couldn't find any reference to auto fold mirrors, I was convinced it would have them so checked with dealer, nope not included, there were a few other features which I was amazed were not included that I had taken for granted on previous cars (not Lexus) I had owned, drivers seat memory was one, disgusted I cancelled for a re think. Eventually reinstated order but for a Takumi.

I know every manufacturer has a range of trim options and they have to draw the line somewhere but expected features which are fairly common these days on lesser brands to be standard on a premium brand.

I posted all this early in 2022. Had car in July and well pleased with it although not looking forward to road fund licence hike just because it was over £40k, where is justification for this, it's exactly same engine and emission figures as lower spec model. I'm not rich by a long way, just spent a bit more  money on a nice car (my last one my wife tells me) after 66, years of hard work (started work at 15, I'm 81 now, still work one day a week to supplement my pension) living an ordinary life bringing up a family and paying my taxes.

Your tearfully

Bill D.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 11:26 AM, Moleman said:

I manually fold the windows when leaving the car.

By "manually" you mean you step out of the car and phisically push the mirrors in by hand? 

7 hours ago, rexleonis said:

By "manually" you mean you step out of the car and phisically push the mirrors in by hand? 

NO. I use the button inside the car, fold the mirrors in, turn off the car. Then press the button again to open the mirrors, this means that when I next start the car the mirrors open automatically.

Not as good as full auto folding, but as close as I can get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

The one we have has 3 positions on the button:

Top - always folded out

Middle - automatic fold / fold out when locking / unlocking car

Bottom - always folded in

20230309_091560.thumb.jpg.99cc5dafb46b8c5836257a493ca507e8.jpg

20230309_091533.thumb.jpg.4430d83651d67d2b433f4e3b9bbfbe02.jpg

Not available on mine.

As said before Lexus made some strange choices on what to include as standard at different trims.

I have an F Sport with Tech pack and Convenience pack, includes just about all the tech you could want other than auto folding mirrors. Why not those, no idea.

Still love the car.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, Las Palmas said:

The one we have has 3 positions on the button:

Top - always folded out

Middle - automatic fold / fold out when locking / unlocking car

Bottom - always folded in

20230309_091560.thumb.jpg.99cc5dafb46b8c5836257a493ca507e8.jpg

20230309_091533.thumb.jpg.4430d83651d67d2b433f4e3b9bbfbe02.jpg

Is that on the new model? Mine arrives next week with Prem Plus pack and hoping it's got this

On 3/9/2023 at 7:35 AM, Moleman said:

NO. I use the button inside the car, fold the mirrors in, turn off the car. Then press the button again to open the mirrors, this means that when I next start the car the mirrors open automatically.

Not as good as full auto folding, but as close as I can get.

I've never thought of doing it that way!!! Great idea and i'm going to give that one a go

On 4/6/2023 at 2:10 PM, ScoFair said:

I've never thought of doing it that way!!! Great idea and i'm going to give that one a go

If the darned things were permanently powered, or until one opened the Driver's door, then this would bother me a lot less!

On 4/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, Beduffshirl said:

Is that on the new model? Mine arrives next week with Prem Plus pack and hoping it's got this

Hi Mark, I have the MY23 latest model with the premium plus pack and it has the auto fold option as standard.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links