Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BEAM Fieldwork - Survey on behalf of Lexus ??

SH20

A market research company called Beam Fieldwork  sent an e mail to me saying it was on behalf of Lexus and asked me if I wanted to take part in an online survey about future Lexus vehicles.

A screening process prior to the actual survey was part of the research and when I questioned what that entailed they said it was basic information about me and the car I drive, approx 5 mins.

Before I decided whether I wanted to take part I  contacted Lexus to validate their connection to Beam Fieldwork.  I did Google Beam Fieldwork and their website looks legitimate quoting 9 companies they work with but not one was familiar to me in terms of a brand.   

I sent a contact form off to Lexus via their website but have not heard back yet.   So anyone else had the same email?   

Although I have used the ES300 forum to write a post I'm guessing other Lexus users driving other models may have been approached.  

Interestingly, the research company say they will pay a participant who takes part in the survey, scheduled for the 15th March, £40 by bank transfer or an amazon voucher or any charity the participant chooses.  I might sound like an over cautious worry head but in this day and age there are some clever scammers out there. 

I will ask Lexus how a market research company was supplied with my name as Beam Fieldwork's original e mail referred to me by my surname.     

Forgot to mention that many of us will be receiving the regular "Talk to Lexus" surveys they send out which cover new ideas and initiatives Lexus want customer feedback on so not sure why they would need an outside market research company to carry out research.

• Like 1

Interesting Steve.  I received the same email.  You have me thinking now, especially if you supply bank details.  I may defer completing the survey until validation from Lexus.  The person I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable on Lexus products.  

13 minutes ago, cdmaskell said:

Interesting Steve.  I received the same email.  You have me thinking now, especially if you supply bank details.  I may defer completing the survey until validation from Lexus.  The person I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable on Lexus products.  

They do not require bank details. Would not give those to a survey.

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

A market research company called Beam Fieldwork  sent an e mail to me saying it was on behalf of Lexus and asked me if I wanted to take part in an online survey about future Lexus vehicles.

A screening process prior to the actual survey was part of the research and when I questioned what that entailed they said it was basic information about me and the car I drive, approx 5 mins.

Before I decided whether I wanted to take part I  contacted Lexus to validate their connection to Beam Fieldwork.  I did Google Beam Fieldwork and their website looks legitimate quoting 9 companies they work with but not one was familiar to me in terms of a brand.   

I sent a contact form off to Lexus via their website but have not heard back yet.   So anyone else had the same email?   

Although I have used the ES300 forum to write a post I'm guessing other Lexus users driving other models may have been approached.  

Interestingly, the research company say they will pay a participant who takes part in the survey, scheduled for the 15th March, £40 by bank transfer or an Amazon voucher or any charity the participant chooses.  I might sound like an over cautious worry head but in this day and age there are some clever scammers out there. 

I will ask Lexus how a market research company was supplied with my name as Beam Fieldwork's original e mail referred to me by my surname.     

I Would be Very careful here Steve !!!! Sounds a Bit odd .Never Heard of this Company..Could be a clever way of getting Your personal Data...There are some clever scammers out there..My Advice Stay well clear.!!

Sent a second contact form off to Lexus about my name being given to an outside research company but likely Lexus will quote their right to pass personal info on if it is directly to do with an approved  partnership which promotes development of ideas and research.  

Beam Fieldwork have stopped communicating with me now as they were e mailing me daily unto the point I said I was seeking validation of their partnership with Lexus. 

Re:  Payment, not sure how any organisation can do a bank transfer without a sort code and account number.   Maybe an amazon voucher can be sent digitally to an e mail address these days, if not it would have to be sent to an address. 

I won't be bothered if the survey is not offered to me. I drive a Toyota now so my survey answers would only have been based on my previous 4 Lexus cars.  

• Like 2

Hi all,

I work in market research and looked up the company and they seem legit - and have the proper accreditations in place ESOMAR  (global level) and MRS (UK level). The email you received Steve is what we usually call a recruitment survey i.e. to ensure that at the interview they speak with the target audience for this specific project i.e. Lexus customers who purchased a new vehicle in the past 3 years. If selected you'd most likely take part in a zoom call with a moderator from the research agency and 3-5 more Lexus owners.

In most, if not all, cases if you take part in a focus group you will be rewarded for your time, and asking for bank details is quite common but you can request a cheque if you don't feel comfortable. When these were done in person they used to hand out cash to the participants.

As for the research agency having access to your name and email address, this is totally ok and is permissible under GDPR regulations. If you don't trust the sender ask for an email address from the Lexus/Toyota market research department or call their head office and ask to speak with someone from their market research team. 

hope this puts you at ease, but let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like 2

Good to know Bogdan.   

Lexus UK replied to my contact form and confirmed that Beam Fieldwork have been commissioned to carry out market research for the Toyota Motor Group.  In this case exclusively for Lexus owners and Beam Fieldwork have advised me too that I am not eligible as I now own a Toyota.   I guess historical data on me was passed to the market research company having purchased 2 ES300's in the last 3 years.

So all is good for those who might want to take part and get a reward for their time.   

There is so much fakery these days based around the internet that a little bit of due diligence doesn't go amiss I think.  Glad to establish the research is genuine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links