Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 Bonnet strut replacement

Neilo

Thought it was time to change the bonnet struts - they kept the bonnet up but it didnt take much finger force for it to slam down again.

Looking on eBay for some good quality ones I found a set of Blue Print struts 2 for £44, these arrived labelled as Blue Print and turn out to be made by Stabilus Germany printed on the struts.    

Now fitted and what a difference 🙂                 

Ok thanks Mr Vlad, I'll know for next time.

I was just really pointing out the quality of the struts received for the price - I've seen Stabilus struts for sale at around £30 each.   

Wondering if you have tried doing the boot struts yet and if so where you got the struts? SGS Engineering seem to be the better place to get them but am open to suggestions. 

SGS is a well known trusted supplier of ( their own ) manufactured struts  .......  I've used them too

BluePrint, well, I've received some not really up to the mark stuff and on this occasion you're lucky to get what seems to be great quality product .  well done 

I would use SGS tbh

Malc

• Like 1

Hello Red, I haven't done the boot struts yet, my boot seems heavy to lift and quite easy to come down so I guess it wont be long. I'll have a look at SGS when I look to buy them (Blue Print and MaxGrear dont seem to have the boot struts).       

Yeah that sounds like yours might be on the way out. My boot is heavy but it slams shut if you don't hang onto it so they are definitely gone. I think the joints on the interior end are a little different than those under the bonnet. Anyways best of luck with the car. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

SGS is a well known trusted supplier of ( their own ) manufactured struts  .......  I've used them too

BluePrint, well, I've received some not really up to the mark stuff and on this occasion you're lucky to get what seems to be great quality product .  well done 

I would use SGS tbh

Malc

Thanks Malcolm, I'll definately check SGS out.   

1 minute ago, EP80 said:

Yeah that sounds like yours might be on the way out. My boot is heavy but it slams shut if you don't hang onto it so they are definitely gone. I think the joints on the interior end are a little different than those under the bonnet. Anyways best of luck with the car. 

Yeah I hold on to mine too when I close it, could be dangerous in strong winds I guess.

Cheers,  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links