Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing

Al lexus

I'd agree with Andrew, and would add that if you're going to stick with a dealer it's worth getting a service plan. I took out a 5 year one and got a 15% discount, so it doesn't really work out much different than using an independent.

Although mine's over 10 years old I took out the 10 year plus extended warranty, which is available for up to 15yrs old and 150k miles.

• Like 1

It depends on how old your car is. Has it got a full dealer service history. 

My car is 16 years old. I'm the 2nd owner. It was bought with a full dealer service history so I've kept it going. On a service plan. MOT included and a free loan car. Beats any independent in my book. 

You may save money on the cost of labour by going to an independent but for peace of mind I would trust much more the Lexus dealer in servicing my car, especially for some specific works like replacing the spark plugs. And if you can take a service plan (unavailable in Ireland unfortunately) it could even be cheaper to go to the Lexus dealer.

For context I've just checked my service plan and, after discount, the costs are £275 for the interim services, £460 for the full,  and £630 for the big one with spark plugs. I douby I'd save much (if anything) by using an independent.

a trusted indy will be the way to go once the Relax warranty and other benefits vanish  BUT get them to check the calipers, that's NEVER included or specified in a service 

It will save you a small fortune provided you can find a worthy indy 

My last indy FULL service ( oil and filter, air filter checking and adjusting all else and the calipers ( specifically asked to be checked )  at my indy to include MOT ......  and now at 225k  miles, was £210 all-up ........... doubt the 8 x plugs would add much more than £150 but they aren't due until @ 260k miles maybe 3/4 years hence

Malc

Ah Alan I've noticed you have the is300h. Now because it's a hybrid going to an independent may be risky if they don't know how to service the hybrid part. Some on here with the same car go independent for general servicing but then go to a Lexus dealer for the hybrid health check which is around £60 maybe more so factor that in your total cost. It may well be cheaper at Lexus as the hybrid health check is included in the price.

As for the rear brake calipers I don't think the is300h has that issue. 

Guys this has been an eye opener, I have a 2014 is300h 2014 F sport 73000miles. I brought the car last year, I serviced it with Lexus for its first service with me, but the previous owner done the services with an independent garage. The car came back with no problems apart from needing to change brakes and disc maybe next six months. I think I’ll take it to Lexus. Looking to put green stuff pads and vented disc. What do you guys think? 

17 minutes ago, Al lexus said:

Looking to put green stuff pads and vented disc. What do you guys think? 

You say that as if it doesn't already have vented discs which it should do on the front. On the rear depends on age but does't really need them. The OEM discs are fine. Pads, I'd probably go with Redstuff rather than Green due to the weight and power of the IS.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links