Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Physical security

Hi,
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the recommendations.

I'm looking for physical security for mt NX phase 1 2020, as I'm going on holiday and the hotel I'll be staying at doesn't have it's own car park, but uses a secure (but public) car park a few streets away. So, I feel I'll need a little more than just the built in alarm and immobiliser for piece of mind.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, many thanks, Al.

I've opted for the Artago 870 which combines physical security with an additional alarm...

I will probably also add a tracker on it

Other mods are prohibited for me as it is a long term rent car...

4 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

Any suggestions would be appreciated, many thanks, Al.

Parking charges can be expensive, have you compared the cost with either using a taxi or hire car?

Your car may not be stolen or broken in to, but there is always the risk of door dings etc in a public car park, may be worth the additional cost for peace of mind.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 12:34 PM, Spock66 said:

Parking charges can be expensive, have you compared the cost with either using a taxi or hire car?

Your car may not be stolen or broken in to, but there is always the risk of door dings etc in a public car park, may be worth the additional cost for peace of mind.

I like the suggestion but it's a non starter. Parking charge is only £18 for 3 days.
Taxi would be £500+ due to the distance (I'm not messing about with public transport)
And with a Hire car I'd still have to park it, so it's the cost of parking + car hire

On 4/10/2023 at 11:00 AM, Al D-Much said:

Thanks for the info, most useful.

Decided on. a Disklok (yellow) and a wheel clamp.

Wheel clamp on the way, Disklok is not grey, but with the steering wheel cover, carry bag and RFID key wallet thrown in all for £149.00

With all these devices, I've yet to find one I would truly have faith in, in terms of it not jamming or failing.

I look at the reviews and always manage to find one that says the lock jammed, key failed etc...

I still think a visible chain ( not sure how it would attach though ) and a reputable padlock (Abloy) is a potential solution?

1 hour ago, PCM said:

With all these devices, I've yet to find one I would truly have faith in, in terms of it not jamming or failing.

I look at the reviews and always manage to find one that says the lock jammed, key failed etc...

I still think a visible chain ( not sure how it would attach though ) and a reputable padlock (Abloy) is a potential solution?

Well a padlock can be pretty easily opened and a chain cut with modern tools (and not so modern ones) 
Plus I would be concerned with potential scuffs caused by the setup on the interior trim. I doubt that piano black plastic and soft touch material cope well with hardened and unprotected steel.

All safety device can be circumvented..you are just adding time and effort for the potential thief in order to deter him (and alas make him pick another easier target)

2 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

wheel clamps are useless..no security at all..

They may not be secure as other devices, but they do provide a visual deterrent for some as well as an inconvenience and add exposure time for the thieving toerags.

Add the disklok, the OEM alarm and immobiliser it all helps.    

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links