Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delayed delivery

I ordered the new NX450H+ in February 2022 from Lexus Twickenham. After more than a year of waiting I was informed on 23 rd January that commencement of build for my vehicle had commenced. It arrived at Portbury on 15th March 2023 and arrived in Derby on 17th March. Almost four weeks later it still hasn’t been released to the dealer. Has anyone else experienced this problem previously? This will be my first Lexus and the experience so far is hugely disappointing.

Has the dealer offered any explanation or has it been radio silence? Others on here have reported that cars usually take 2-3 weeks from arrival at Portbury to get to the dealer so with Easter it's possible that it's due imminently, but the dealer should be talking to you anyway.

Thanks Max. They say there is a plastic strip on one of the bumpers which is missing and therefore it has failed it’s PDI. However the dealer has one of these strips on his desk for another customer and demanded that Derby release the vehicle and they will fit. Unfortunately it appears that someone isn’t telling the truth, the dealer appears to be genuine. Just wondering if this is Japanese bureaucracy at work?

1 hour ago, David Williamson said:

I ordered the new NX450H+ in February 2022 from Lexus Twickenham. After more than a year of waiting I was informed on 23 rd January that commencement of build for my vehicle had commenced. It arrived at Portbury on 15th March 2023 and arrived in Derby on 17th March. Almost four weeks later it still hasn’t been released to the dealer. Has anyone else experienced this problem previously? This will be my first Lexus and the experience so far is hugely disappointing.

I ordered my 450h+ in May 2022 and experienced a couple of pushback dates. Now I am told that it is en route and should land in UK at any time (no further details of vessel or timing, which I find disappointing as someone must know!) May 4th is estimated date for delivery. I'm following your experience closely and hoping like crazy that my vehicle doesn't get stuck in the UK as yours seems to have done. Don't they give a reason for this delay? Good luck my friend and keep us posted, please!

I am afraid this is Lexus at the moment. My car had arrived at Derby and the dealership were telling there was a glitch with the App. Telling me my vehicle was still in transit on a ship. Sent an email to Lexus UK and copied in my dealership and to my surprise the car was ready for collection within a week.

The dealership is not telling the truth. Do you feel a company like Lexus would not sort out a glitch in their App, and left it unfixed for this long. And i'm going back to Oct 2022.

8 minutes ago, kam said:

. Do you feel a company like Lexus would not sort out a glitch in their App, and left it unfixed for this long. And i'm going back to Oct 2022.

I definitely think that. Lexus apps are appalling.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Junior said:

I ordered my 450h+ in May 2022 and experienced a couple of pushback dates. Now I am told that it is en route and should land in UK at any time (no further details of vessel or timing, which I find disappointing as someone must know!) May 4th is estimated date for delivery. I'm following your experience closely and hoping like crazy that my vehicle doesn't get stuck in the UK as yours seems to have done. Don't they give a reason for this delay? Good luck my friend and keep us posted, please!

It's possible your car was on Dalian Highway which docked at Portbury in the early hours of 13 April. My 450h+ was on board and the app and My Lexus status changed to 'in transit' yesterday. Roughly 2.5-3 weeks for Portbury-Derby-Dealer would get you to 4th May; only a guess though.

Mine reached the dealer 17 days after the ship docked. As this was in August last year, I had told them there was no rush as I would be waiting until 1st September to pick it up but I knew other customers were desperate to pick up their car as soon as possible. 2-3 weeks seemed the norm around that time.

2 hours ago, Max G said:

It's possible your car was on Dalian Highway which docked at Portbury in the early hours of 13 April. My 450h+ was on board and the app and My Lexus status changed to 'in transit' yesterday. Roughly 2.5-3 weeks for Portbury-Derby-Dealer would get you to 4th May; only a guess though.

Thanks Max! So how did you know your car was on that vessel? I’m intrigued and in the dark. My app only shows my existing NX300 and I see no way to update with a car whose details I don’t have. But thanks for the guess - would love to think you are right!

Harry Junior, in a formeR life I worked for a shipping company so used my experience to investigate Portbury vessel arrivals and worked backwards to Toyota City departure to calculate which vessel it was on. I will certainly let everyone know if I receive the vehicle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Williamson said:

Harry Junior, in a formeR life I worked for a shipping company so used my experience to investigate Portbury vessel arrivals and worked backwards to Toyota City departure to calculate which vessel it was on. I will certainly let everyone know if I receive the vehicle. 

Thanks David. The effort some go to! Pity the Lexus and their dealers don’t pass on this detail. I mean, we have a big invested interest after all, right?

45 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Mine reached the dealer 17 days after the ship docked. As this was in August last year, I had told them there was no rush as I would be waiting until 1st September to pick it up but I knew other customers were desperate to pick up their car as soon as possible. 2-3 weeks seemed the norm around that time.

Thanks for this! 

2 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

Thanks Max! So how did you know your car was on that vessel? I’m intrigued and in the dark. My app only shows my existing NX300 and I see no way to update with a car whose details I don’t have. But thanks for the guess - would love to think you are right!

I asked Lexus Customer Relations and they provided the shipping information. Initially they gave me details for a vessel which I could see was headed the wrong way round the globe! Once I pointed this out, they quickly corrected it. Any contact with Lexus CR automatically gets shared with the dealer as far as I can see so they then followed up with the same incorrect and then corrected information. It does seem that it needs a swift and expert exercise in communication and engagement having read the views and feelings from so many members on here. It's almost unbelievable that a Japanese company would leave their customers with so little information and with apparently so little regard for the frustration and brand damage its causing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Max G said:

I asked Lexus Customer Relations and they provided the shipping information. Initially they gave me details for a vessel which I could see was headed the wrong way round the globe! Once I pointed this out, they quickly corrected it. Any contact with Lexus CR automatically gets shared with the dealer as far as I can see so they then followed up with the same incorrect and then corrected information. It does seem that it needs a swift and expert exercise in communication and engagement having read the views and feelings from so many members on here. It's almost unbelievable that a Japanese company would leave their customers with so little information and with apparently so little regard for the frustration and brand damage its causing.

Indeed so, Max. Totally agree. It’s coming up on a year since I ordered and communications have been minimal,  with barely any detail. If it were not for rave reviews from virtually all quarters, as well as the continuing good relationship with my current car, I’d have been tempted to look elsewhere. Hopefully that will all disperse when the car actually and finally materialises!

7 hours ago, David Williamson said:

Thanks Ken, do you mind me asking when that was?

That was February of 2022. Asked the dealer to hold until March for me to take delivery.

Same thing here in France.

My NX450H+ was delivered in ZEEBRUGE (Belgium) which is the entry point for Continental Europe around March 23th.  I will pick it up on April 22nd.
Lexus Europe and Lexus France seems to have very poor tracking system. At the very least it is not a "real time" one and seems to rely on some kind of half cooked spreadsheet and manual updates. My sales rep ,under polite but firm pressure, spend a significant amount of time tracking the location of the car between Zeebruge, Valenciennes (Lexus France staging Area), Dealer's preparation site...
On top of that, logistics are in dire straits in France.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NiCoRe said:

Same thing here in France.

My NX450H+ was delivered in ZEEBRUGE (Belgium) which is the entry point for continental Europe around March 23th.  I will pick it up on April 22nd.
Lexus Europe and Lexus France seems to have very poor tracking system. At the very least it is not a "real time" one and seems to rely on some kind of half cooked spreadsheet and manual updates. My sales rep ,under polite but firm pressure, spend a significant amount of time tracking the location of the car between Zeebruge, Valenciennes (Lexus France staging Area), Dealer's preparation site...
On top of that, logistics are in dire straits in France.

This could be so much fun if Lexus only realised how interested and excited their customers are to learn the whereabouts of their new cars! If only their communications infrastructure was built as well as their cars. 
Bon chance!

• Thanks 2

When I ordered both my RC cars I was given the ship name, unprompted, as soon as the car was loaded. Must say Lexus Swindon have always been very good on the communications front.👍

• Thanks 1

I’ve just been advised by my dealer that Lexus have advised him that the delay in delivery is due to a lack of mudguards which are provided as part of my Protection Pack. The mudguards are, allegedly, manufactured in Russia, or Ukraine and are in very short supply. Therefore the car will be delivered without them and I will be reimbursed for the purchase price. The vehicle could be delivered, sans mudguards, by the end of the week. Watch this space…

• Like 2

The latest on delayed delivery of my NX450H+ is that Derby won’t release it now as it won’t have a locking wheel nut. Allegedly the manufacturer can’t supply new NX300s and 450s with them. This is allegedly delaying delivery of 1,000+ vehicles. Surely these are manufactured in Japan and supplied prior to the vessel departing Toyota City. Anyone else heard this new excuse???

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links