Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts about another F owners gathering this year?

On 5/26/2023 at 11:22 AM, B1RMA said:

Okay, I have managed to book a ticket for Sunday June 25th

Isn't that the lowrider's weekend?

https://caffeineandmachine.com/whats-on/low-and-slow-24-25-june/

Is that the right day for us to turn up? I've never been to Caffeine&Machine so might not know what I'm talking about.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:41 AM, BillNick said:

I'll buy mine today. Could you post a link to the correct page, paranoid Ill end up somewhere else entirely lol.

It's a 5 hour and over 200 miles round trip for me. Will have to miss this one as I want to keep the millage low and for 3 hours isn't long.

I'm beginning to think that Caffiene and Machine is overpriced for 3 hours as has been mentioned. So is it worth trying another venue.

9 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

I'd try another venue, the British motor museum was a good shout. The carpark there is a good size

I'm thinking that may be a better idea if I'm honest.

As Rob stated there is an event on that week-end.

Just applied for a refund on my C+M ticket so if everyone is in agreement we'll change the venue.

• Like 3

I could do the 25th June and the British Motor Museum does seem like a good venue. Plus there's the backup option of the motorway services nearby.

@4969_LXS Were you thinking of walking round the museum or more of a car park meet?

3 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

I could do the 25th June and the British Motor Museum does seem like a good venue. Plus there's the backup option of the motorway services nearby.

@4969_LXS Were you thinking of walking round the museum or more of a car park meet?

I'm happy to go around the museum mate 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4969_LXS said:

I'm happy to go around the museum mate 👍

Sounds good, they seem pretty car club friendly going by their website.

39 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Sounds good, they seem pretty car club friendly going 

Yeah they've been great from seeing other meets there. @B1RMAare you happy to enquire with them about going?

14 hours ago, 4969_LXS said:

Yeah they've been great from seeing other meets there. @B1RMAare you happy to enquire with them about going?

I don't think there will be enough of us to worry their day to day running of the place do you?

As I got my refund from C+M I think this will be perfect plus no time restraints. If we say meet up 11 am it will give everyone a chance to drive up at leisure without having to get up at silly o'clock.

• Like 1

Sounds good, pencil me in. Just need to make arrangements with my daughter and Dad (who lives nearby).

We should pin a post on Facebook group perhaps, like we did for the Hamps meet?

5 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Sounds good, pencil me in. Just need to make arrangements with my daughter and Dad (who lives nearby).

We should pin a post on Facebook group perhaps, like we did for the Hamps meet?

Sounds good, as mentioned I think I'll contact the Museum just to give a courtesy call about us.

3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Sounds good, as mentioned I think I'll contact the Museum just to give a courtesy call about us.

I'm 50/50 on coming because it's 200 miles round trip but if numbers are good I will be there.

13 minutes ago, besso said:

I'm 50/50 on coming because it's 200 miles round trip but if numbers are good I will be there.

It's 220 miles for me too, and probably more for some others. As my car struggles to do 600 miles a year I'm looking forward to giving it a nice long run.

Could the first person turning up find us a nice quiet/remote corner of the place so we can display all our cars together please.

Just an update I did send an e-mail to the Museum informing them of our plans

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

It's 220 miles for me too, and probably more for some others. As my car struggles to do 600 miles a year I'm looking forward to giving it a nice long run.

Could the first person turning up find us a nice quiet/remote corner of the place so we can display all our cars together please.

Just an update I did send an e-mail to the Museum informing them of our plans

How can you resist you not driving your GS-F when the sun is shining?

I've got a work van and a daily (RX 450h) and still have trouble keeping my millage low 

I seem to remember reading a while ago the Museum offer reduced entry costs for groups.The restaurant there is good and spotlessly clean.If you do go,make sure to also look around the Reserve Collection,in the building to the right..almost as good,if not better than the main collection.

I received this reply from the Museum, what's everyones thoughts?

Hi David

Thank you for your enquiry the special discounted rate for car clubs is 12 and the organiser is then free so even if you don't come up to numbers the most you will pay is £10 x 11 .

Would you be kind enough to complete the attached form and return it to me and I will book your group in for you.

With kind regards

Susan

Susan Evans

Bookings Officer
dd : 01926 895227 (please note new number)

British Motor Museum - Safe Spaces for safe Meetings

I'm happy to join at the museum.

Jamie @besso if you don't fancy driving I could give you a lift if you don't mind slumming it in a hybrid F-sport! Just note I need to be back in time for work that night (18:00 start in Watford)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links