Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts about another F owners gathering this year?

After the gathering last year which had a decent turnout any thoughts for this year? I was thinking if maybe more central UK like OXFORD way for a venue would suit those located a bit further up the country

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

After the gathering last year which had a decent turnout any thoughts for this year? I was thinking if maybe more central UK like OXFORD way for a venue would suit those located a bit further up the country

Plenty room at my place for at least 50 cars.. but unfortunately im way up North 38mls from INVERNESS 😂….but it would be a good drive up with stunning scenery then a drive around the NC500 👍🏻

central enough for ya 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr2lad said:

Plenty room at my place for at least 50 cars.. but unfortunately im way up North 38mls from INVERNESS 😂….but it would be a good drive up with stunning scenery then a drive around the NC500 👍🏻

central enough for ya 😆 

Thanks might be too much of a drive from the South Coast though.

I have posted on Pistonheads Regions asking for a car friendly pub around the Oxford area.

4 hours ago, mr2lad said:

central enough for ya 😆 

Sounds amazing and better than meeting in some car park down South, staring at each other's cars and asking "Ooooooo - what exhaust have you got fitted? 😁 

I've done Scotland twice in the last few months. Epic place! Never taken a Lexus up there however........

Just now, BillNick said:

You prob wouldnt be the first to do so lol

All it makes me think of is this instagram reel of a guy looking at an old X3 and it is literally decked with M badges wherever one would fit, even under the window switches. Had me in stitches as his Russian (I think) accent and over pronounciation of power as 'Powwwa' is gold.

Maybe the money tree will sprout by the time the meet is organised and I'll have an F again 😞

I've had a few replies from people on Pistonheads of car friendly pubs around the Oxford area that I will check out the web sites. 

I'm guessing breakfast then a bit of lunch.

1 minute ago, BillNick said:

Sounds good to me David. Hopefully can attract a few more members with it being North of London this time.

Excellent and it may give us all an opportunity to compare exhausts.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

I'll stick an F badge on the LS... 😂

Golf buggy F navara F and not forgetting the NX F… ride on mowers next for rebadging 😉

and NO the F badges didnt stay on…was just for a joke

im sad but not that sad 😂 

IMG_4239.jpeg

IMG_4237.jpeg

IMG_1003.png

IMG_3209.jpeg

IMG_4297.jpeg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Jezpatel said:

I'm keen and Oxford is ok for me to get too!

Any idea on dates? Cheers. Jez

No dates as of yet but it may be a good idea to see what dates suit people. I have had information about two pubs that sound promising, obviously well outside Oxford who like Brighton hate cars.

It's a bit further up north than Oxford,but consider the Motor Museum at Gaydon,just off the M40.Plenty of parking,catering etc and a selection of British cars,even a few of them are interesting.

• Like 4

I'd be up for coming to a meet, as a new F owner it would be good to have a chat with other owners. I'm Surrey/West Sussex but happy to travel a bit, hopefully it falls on my weekend off 👍

Thanks for replies and interest.

Can I just ask if a Saturday or Sunday is favoured. Would say June be a good month for planning ahead

Oxford is good for me (Peterborough based). Im from Newcastle and visit family so may be able to do a North one too!

Suggest doing a doodle poll or similar to get a date that suits as many as possible. 

14 minutes ago, Pielight said:

Oxford is good for me (Peterborough based). Im from Newcastle and visit family so may be able to do a North one too!

Suggest doing a doodle poll or similar to get a date that suits as many as possible. 

Great idea

Perhaps the forum has that function?

• Like 1

If you don't mind a very quiet RC300h F-sport joining you again I'd like to join in for the morning/day just so I can record all the exhaust sounds from the F's and play it back on some speakers fitted under the 300h.

Only joking with the last bit. 😏

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links