Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX350H - MY24

I ordered last week the NX350H FWD with the premium pack, due December. 
It was only when looked further into the models and customisation options that I found that for an £1000 I could of got the AWD version with the 14” Touchscreen and Embedded Hybrid satnav. None of this was explained when I ordered my car. 
I was told that the AWD is mainly just for towing a caravan, but wasn’t told what packs and extras come with it. 
emailed my dealer with the option above and asked if my order could be change. 
They came back saying that no matter how much they tried it wouldn’t let them change the order. 
The only way was to cancel my order and place a new one, in doing this I would need to order MY24 spec FWD premium pack with Lexus link Pro to get the bigger screen, but with ordering MY24 spec I need to have electric seats because Lexus are no longer doing manual seats. 
so now instead of paying an extra £1000 I am having to pay an extra £3000. 
just wanted to know if my dealer is telling the truth about Lexus moving away from manual seats in all models for MY24. 

It's really up to you as a customer to understand and confirm the spec you want. Obviously if you're unsure about an option that's where the salesman is available to help but once an order is submitted the salesman either assumes that you've understood the options and prices or starts to question your choices at the point of sale. I can imagine the latter is more likely to ***** people off than be seen as useful.

• Like 1

I understand that it is down to me, but what I am getting at is that their website still lets you configure and customise MY23 models. 
which my dealer is telling me that you can not get anymore and any new car now will be MY24 spec, the point I am trying to clear up is that Lexus will not be offering in MY24 spec cars with manual seats. 

I can only assume that the issue is their outdated website. This has been a problem with numerous manufacturers since Covid as they've been unable to ensure that their website accurately reflect part shortages or model changes in a timely fashion.

As far as I was was aware, it isn't just £1000 more for upgrade to 14"screen and AWD. I thought it was in the thousands more? It was when we ordered for sure. The FWD is a fair bit cheaper than AWD.

Also, where abouts in the UK did you manage to order a NX which will be delivered by December this year? I ordered NX AWD Premium pack with Lexus Link Pro and electric seat pack in September 22 and I've been told delivery won't be until October this year at earliest!

I'd be interested to know where abouts you are.

40 minutes ago, Deb said:

As far as I was was aware, it isn't just £1000 more for upgrade to 14"screen and AWD. I thought it was in the thousands more? It was when we ordered for sure. The FWD is a fair bit cheaper than AWD.

Also, where abouts in the UK did you manage to order a NX which will be delivered by December this year? I ordered NX AWD Premium pack with Lexus Link Pro and electric seat pack in September 22 and I've been told delivery won't be until October this year at earliest!

I'm guessing the FWD NX is no where near as popular as the AWD version, so available more readily, besides which it's a simpler car to manufacture

IMO, as Lexus is a premium brand, the new NX should never have been offered with manual seats. I'm not even sure that a FWD version should be in the range. If you portray yourself as premium, the product spec. should reflect this.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, malcolmw said:

IMO, as Lexus is a premium brand, the new NX should never have been offered with manual seats. I'm not even sure that a FWD version should be in the range. If you portray yourself as premium, the product spec. should reflect this.  

Horses for courses.  I have manual seats as the electric seats weren't bundled with the Lexus Link Pro at the time I ordered.  Adding the electric seats would have cost me a lot more - as I am the only person who drives the car I can just set the seats to my preferred position and forget about them.

Totally agree that electric seats are better and, even, a must have if you're going to be adjusting them often for some reason, but for my particular use case it's just not an issue and it was good to have the option to not have them to save some money.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 2:59 PM, Deb said:

Same here! I saw Gary’s opening post and my eyes nearly popped out of my sockets when I saw delivery of December 2023 when his order has just been placed! I’m still waiting for any sort of progression at all on my NX350h Takumi order from May 2022...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links