Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX250H v UX250H FSPORT

Is there much difference in the drive of the std UX250H with 18" wheels over a UX250H FSPORT with 18" wheels.

I can see the new model MY2023 fsport has AVS as standard but looking to gauge any difference with a non AVS FSPORT MY2020 onwards.

Assume the FSPORT seats are firmer. Any differences in ground clearances / suspension setup etc? along with a preference if anyone has driven both.

Before I purchased my F-sport I test drove the std. and F-sport versions,I had both for 24 hours so not very long but enough for me to get a feel for both cars.As you said the F-sport seats are more form fitting whilst the std. seats are extremely comfy but slightly wider,,as for the AVS I use this in conjunction with the sport mode and use the paddles to simulate gear change,this is great fun but I only use it occasionally,as for ground clearance I’ve no idea but when used it certainly firms the car up,as we know it’s not a sports car but it does put a smile on my face.I would say I’m glad I went for the F-sport as I like the looks but 9 times out of 10 I put it in drive and let the CVT do it’s job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cadman2k said:

Any differences in ground clearances / suspension setup etc? along with a preference if anyone has driven both.

The F Sport is firmer with different dampers, springs and anti-roll bars. Vehicle height is the same across all grades and I don't think the F Sport bumpers are lower than standard. AVS was available at launch but as an option with the Tech & Safety Pack.

The F-Sport seats are great for long distances. I have the occasional issue with my lower back and can be quite fussy when it comes to seats. On my 250-360 mile jaunts I do on occasions, I can comfortably count on one hand the times I've felt just the starting of any sort of ache – and that's often right towards the end of those longer 300+ mile drives.  

The suspension can be a little on the firm side on rougher surfaces but I’ve always found it to be more compliant and comfortable than the Audi Q5 it replaced. On regular single carriageway ‘A’ roads, it’s usually very good indeed. My only quibble I have when it comes to ride quality is the ability for the car to 'skit' a little in certain circumstances (i.e – if you’re cornering and going down bumps at the same time) due to the run flat tyres.  

Overall, in the three years I’ve had the F-Sport, I’ve not had any regrets in choosing it. (P.S – Mine does have the Tech & Safety Pack)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links