Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Folding mirrors automatically

Cadmaster

Just acquired a 2015 CT200h Premier and finding my way around. The handbook has (page 42)  'Automatic mode allows the folding or extending of the mirrors to be linked to locking/unlocking of the doors.'

With the switch in the central, neutral position, the mirrors do not move - is there a setting somewhere to enable this?

1 hour ago, Cadmaster said:

Just acquired a 2015 CT200h Premier and finding my way around. The handbook has (page 42)  'Automatic mode allows the folding or extending of the mirrors to be linked to locking/unlocking of the doors.'

With the switch in the central, neutral position, the mirrors do not move - is there a setting somewhere to enable this?

This is how it function in the CT we have, suppose a Premier should also have the function:

image.thumb.png.ad5ba86ba661a552278c7139982a8d92.png

Where type B is written the switch has 3 positions.

UP always mirrors out.

Middle automatic when locking / unlocking car

DOWN mirrors do not fold out.

I cannot find any place wher this function can be customized by user, so if it can it must be done in a Lexus / Toyota workshop.

My car - Premier spec - has folding mirrors, when the button is in the centre the text implies that they should move when the locks are operated but the mirrors move out when the button is set to the centre position from closed, or stay out if set from open. I am guessing that the switch may be faulty if there is no user setting. 

We have the 2015 Premier spec and our mirrors fold when we lock the car.  I can't remember how we set that up, but if no one else comes up with the answer I will have a look tomorrow sometime to let you know.  Hope you enjoy the car as much as we do.  Great choice!

had a look when I was out this morning, as John described with pictures above - next to the mirror controls there is a rocker switch with three positions, the top position ensures that the mirrors do not fold when doors are locked, the middle position is automatic folding, and the bottom position closes the mirrors if needed when driving through very narrow gaps or going into your garage if you don't have much clearance (despite having the car for three years I wasn't aware of the benefits of using the bottom position!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links