Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ls430 rear wishbones

skyway

we tend to buy our significant parts from Amayama or Rockauto .........  international providers of genuine OEM  .........or LexusPartsDirect 

the import costs " all-up "  often work out about 50% of the Lexus / Toyota UK prices

Good luck

Malc

4 hours ago, skyway said:

Thanks Malc

I use rock auto but they dont stock the rear uppers. 

I will try Amayama. 

Oooihhhhh they run a little high

Screenshot_20230524_100245.jpg

No wonder, that is for a complete Differential, not for the Upper Control Arms.
The parts you want are:

48770-59065 Right Rear Upper Control Arm
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/4877059065

48790-59065 Left Rear Upper Control Arm
https://www.amayama.com/en/part/toyota/4879059065

price looks about right then .  plus possibly VAT and Import duty and a few squid for the postal/ email delivery advice 

Might work out at about 50% of UK Lexus / Toyota stores price 

Malc

thank you all very much.... im replacing them to try and get rid of a low speed rattle/ knocking... its the last thing to replace.

I read somewhere on an american site that the bushes in them go sometimes, just firing the parts cannon at the old girl.

Somewhere in the region of 4 mechanics have heard the rattle(which means I am not going mad) but have been unable to work out what it is.

Also its gone through 3 Mots with nothing showing up even though i said hey man theres this rattle!

So presumably it's not bushes otherwise it would show up at MoT time. Is it possible to tell if it's left, right or centre? Culprit might be exhaust, drive shafts or shock absorbers. Hopefully it's not something in the boot or spare wheel well!

or maybe a loose exhaust shield that needs removing maybe ..  mine were simply sacrificial on my Ls400 and solved that specific rattle at rare times

Good luck

Malc

• Like 1

It has been a long road and still is I would hazard guess.

Both Exhaust shields have been removed, and the exhaust has been checked exhaustively.

All the control arms have been checked or changed on principle, all 4 shocks were replaced, all drop link arms, anti roll bar bushes. 

The boot has been emptied, linings taken off, back seats removed, all boxes disk drive, fuse box  in the boot etc were cabled tied down (not that they were loose in the first place) then taken for a drive, much to my utter horror nothing had changed.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar situation on my GS it was a non leaking apparently well working rear shock absorber. it only did it with 3 passengers in rear seat. Lexus Lincoln didn't believe me after they couldn't find anything until I insisted they tried a test drive with loaded rear seat. 100yds from workshop and two of the rear seat passengers (all mechanics) shouted rear shocker. All sorted now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links