Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd hand values still holding

Tonyw

So, my previous car is advertised on Autotrader for more than I paid (after discounts) for my new one, 😂 

With the delivery times back to 3 months, you need to really want a car now to buy one for this much.

I’m guessing being a touchscreen facelift model and the low mileage helps.

IMG_0483.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tonyw said:

So, my previous car is advertised on Autotrader for more than I paid (after discounts) for my new one, 😂 

With the delivery times back to 3 months, you need to really want a car now to buy one for this much.

I’m guessing being a touchscreen facelift model and the low mileage helps.

IMG_0483.png

Doesnt really make sense when you can order a brand new one as Tony did for less than a 1-2 yr old car

• Like 1

The entire used car market has not made sense in the UK for a few years now. Used prices seem to be starting to decline in some US states. Only a matter of time until prices return to sensible levels in the UK. The debt bubble is starting to burst...

3 hours ago, essexguy said:

Doesnt really make sense when you can order a brand new one as Tony did for less than a 1-2 yr old car

Not sure what might be negotiated but ES range now starts at ÂŁ40,000...

46 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Not sure what might be negotiated but ES range now starts at ÂŁ40,000...

A lot of money for a taxi.

• Haha 5

• 1 month later...

Yes, used market is crazy across multiple dealerships. My daughter was looking to change and a pre-registered demonstrator across varying marques was proving to be more expensive than a new one partly because of financing charge percentages. 

I wonder if a March 2022 ES300h with a Premium Pack in Mesa Red with Tan leather at £32K is considered by the membership as reasonable or not. The car is at a Lexus dealership and has had it's first and second year services completed by the Lexus dealer and  is a one owner vehicle with 20K miles.   Will have the standard 12 month Lexus warranty from July 2023 and 12 months Road Side Assist.     I've ordered in the past  a new  2019 ES with Premium Pack £38,500   and a new 2022 ES Premium Edition £39.750 so to me this 2022 ES Premium Pack seems a fair price.    

I tried to buy an April  2020 ES Takumi with  25K miles at £34K from another Lexus dealer but he just didn't want to know regarding my trade in, an August  2022 registered 2.0 litre Toyota CHR, top Excel spec  with 4K miles and fitted with Toyota's  JBL sound system and in white pearlescent paint.   I was told The group's sister Toyota dealership just next door didn't want it.  He said the used car price bubble has burst !!  I got the impression he couldn't be bothered to strike a deal so maybe he still believes it's a seller's market still.    That car is still for sale.      

18 minutes ago, SH20 said:

I wonder if a March 2022 ES300h with a Premium Pack in Mesa Red with Tan leather at ÂŁ32K is considered by the membership as reasonable or not.

Yes it is reasonable. I think the used market still has some way to fall but with the limited supply of new Lexus vehicles it does mean the nearly new ones currently hold their value.

Just consider new ES orders are coming through in around 3 months. I firmly believe the used car market and housing market will significantly correct over the next few years. It will be a very painful recession and I have structured my assets accordingly in preparation for this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links