Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ordered my first Lexus

whiskey33

I am happy to share that i have ordered a Premium edition in Sunlight Green with Black interiors. I had a good experience at the Cambridge dealership which helped me seal the deal. I have been given an estimated dated of end of September.

There are some amazing discounts being offered and i got mine for around 33k with with 2k deposit contribution and managed to get alloy insurance added to the entire deal. I have not had a chance to see my colour on road. i took a 800 mile trip to the south and did not manage to see a single ES on the bank weekend!!!

I hope all goes well. fingers crossed! 🤞 

• Like 2

I believe Cambridge are Stephen Eagell like mine, they are really good at looking after you. That’s a great price you have secured, mine took just over 3 months from ordering to arriving in UK.

cool colour choice, you have picked a rare colour on a rare car so your chances of meeting one the same will be very slim.

keep us updated 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, george72 said:

Congrats. You won't regret it. 

5 series for 3 series money! 

Similar spec would need to be 330e Sport, with all the extras to make it the same is £53K

your actually looking at Audi A3 or A class saloon at £40K with similar spec

• Like 1

21 hours ago, whiskey33 said:

I am happy to share that i have ordered a Premium edition in Sunlight Green with Black interiors. I had a good experience at the Cambridge dealership which helped me seal the deal. I have been given an estimated dated of end of September.

There are some amazing discounts being offered and i got mine for around 33k with with 2k deposit contribution and managed to get alloy insurance added to the entire deal. I have not had a chance to see my colour on road. i took a 800 mile trip to the south and did not manage to see a single ES on the bank weekend!!!

Hi, welcome to the lexus club, i have had luck in the past getting free servicing thrown in with the car from steven eagell. Servicing costs have gone up nowadays. My NX took around 4 months back in 2020, its been a great car. Did you have to negotiate hard to get the discount or was it fairly easy, it was quite easy back in 2020, was able to get the 41k car for 34k ,  2 years free servicing and £400 over auction value for the old car. 

also out of curiosity what car are you changing from

Also forgot to add if you are interested, get the Lexus Link app, it should show you the progress of your build, and once its in transit to the UK ask the dealer for the name of the vessel its on so you can track it if you are interested.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 8:05 PM, VSR said:

Also forgot to add if you are interested, get the Lexus Link app, it should show you the progress of your build, and once its in transit to the UK ask the dealer for the name of the vessel its on so you can track it if you are interested.

i have downloaded that and can see the status on the app. i did not know that i would be able to track the vessel as well. that sound very interesting. i will definitely get that info.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:54 PM, VSR said:

Hi, welcome to the lexus club, i have had luck in the past getting free servicing thrown in with the car from steven eagell. Servicing costs have gone up nowadays. My NX took around 4 months back in 2020, its been a great car. Did you have to negotiate hard to get the discount or was it fairly easy, it was quite easy back in 2020, was able to get the 41k car for 34k ,  2 years free servicing and £400 over auction value for the old car. 

I asked them to meet what other dealers were offering on carwow and they offered easily. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 7:55 PM, VSR said:

also out of curiosity what car are you changing from

I have a 2011 ford focus. I came to uk a couple of years ago and last year, when i was looking for a new car(XC40) on a new licence, i was advised the insurance would be through the roof. (i am paying 1300 a year for the ford!!) So the advise was to get a cheap one for a  1 year ncb before I get something new and expensive. Now as lexus are hot with thieves and could impact the insurance qoutes. i am getting 2k quotes when i am checking now. 😞 

Now i am attached to the ford as well as it as 112k on the dash and gave me no issues. *touchwood*

1 hour ago, whiskey33 said:

I have a 2011 ford focus. I came to uk a couple of years ago and last year, when i was looking for a new car(XC40) on a new licence, i was advised the insurance would be through the roof. (i am paying 1300 a year for the ford!!) So the advise was to get a cheap one for a  1 year ncb before I get something new and expensive. Now as lexus are hot with thieves and could impact the insurance qoutes. i am getting 2k quotes when i am checking now. 😞 

Now i am attached to the ford as well as it as 112k on the dash and gave me no issues. *touchwood*

Yes, my insurance has gone up from 400 to 480 this year in Pinner in London, my old cars insurance was 230 (fully comp) it was a qashqai. , the prices should get better as until you reach around 65 then it increases, is what I have heard. Try adding friends or family who have licenses and a clean record for a long time if they consent as a named second driver this helps, but make sure you don't put them as the main as then insurers will wiggle out of paying. Your occupation also help doctors for example pay nearly double as compared to an accountant when they have newer licenses. However, even though it may be tempting when a black box insurer offers you a low quote do not go with them especially with an ES300h, as they will say you accelerated to fast, sped up .... and cancel your insurance, then you will have to declare to your new insurer that your old one got cancelled, that sends insurance through the roof, i have a friend who that happened to with a BMW 3 series. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

After no updates on the app since the order was placed, i got an email today that the vehicle is now in transit. It was frustrating as the salesperson could not get me the name of the vessel and my order status was never updates till this day.

Attaching screenshot below of the map being shown of its transit in UK.

Can anyone advice when this status is updates, the day the car arrives in port or sometime after that? And this being my first lexus, any pointers on how much time it will take from now and anything to look out for?

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 18.22.02.png

4 hours ago, whiskey33 said:

After no updates on the app since the order was placed, i got an email today that the vehicle is now in transit. It was frustrating as the salesperson could not get me the name of the vessel and my order status was never updates till this day.

Attaching screenshot below of the map being shown of its transit in UK.

Can anyone advice when this status is updates, the day the car arrives in port or sometime after that? And this being my first lexus, any pointers on how much time it will take from now and anything to look out for?

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 18.22.02.png

IIRC, it is at least three weeks before it reaches the dealership and then maybe another week approximately. It takes its sweet time to get to the dealership.

--E

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 10:32 PM, whiskey33 said:

FIRST Thing To Buy Before you put a gallon of petrol in it Is A Milenco Steering wheel Lock Glad to hear of your new Car Order Sounds Fabulous..!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

FIRST Thing To Buy Before you put a gallon of petrol in it Is A Milenco Steering wheel Lock

The next thing I would do, if you’re planning to keep it for some years, is take it straight to a good Detailer for a high quality ceramic finish.  Possibly even Paint Protection Film applied to the front to give added protection against stone chips.

I appreciate that it’s very easy to spend someone else’s money, but it’s a small additional cost relative to your initial spend and the benefits accrue over the years.  And the car is never going to be in a better state for a Detailer to work on.

PS.  Ron, I like the look of the Milenco and you’re almost persuading me except, as I’ve mentioned before, would anyone really target a seven year-old car?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LenT said:

The next thing I would do, if you’re planning to keep it for some years, is take it straight to a good Detailer for a high quality ceramic finish.  Possibly even Paint Protection Film applied to the front to give added protection against stone chips.

I appreciate that it’s very easy to spend someone else’s money, but it’s a small additional cost relative to your initial spend and the benefits accrue over the years.  And the car is never going to be in a better state for a Detailer to work on.

PS.  Ron, I like the look of the Milenco and you’re almost persuading me except, as I’ve mentioned before, would anyone really target a seven year-old car?

I have never had detailing of any kind done before. I have a 2001 ford focus which gets a monthly wash and  vacuum. 😄

Is there something specific to search for to look out for like product name/franchise? I did a quick google search and there were so many results. I am near Peterborough if someone can suggest places in 50 mile radius.

49 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

FIRST Thing To Buy Before you put a gallon of petrol in it Is A Milenco Steering wheel Lock Glad to hear of your new Car Order Sounds Fabulous..!!!

This is now added to my amazon basket. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whiskey33 said:

Is there something specific to search for to look out for like product name/franchise? 

My Detailer used a product called Modesta, but I don’t know if any of the many Detailers around Peterborough are Agents for it.  Very popular in US and claims up to a 10 year life for its top products.

Of course, all such claims depend on usage and maintenance..

With such a wide choice, I’d be inclined to visit a few with the car and see what they offer.  My guy eventually took three days over it as the finish is finally baked on.

I suspect that the interior would not need much attention, but you might be surprised at the paint flaws a good Detailer might identify on a brand new finish!

They should also tell you about the maintenance regime each finish may require - starting with no more trips to the local Car Wash or the Quick Wash merchants in the supermarket car parks!

But if you’re interested in car maintenance and fancy doing your own snow foam washing, then it’s very easy to maintain a superb ceramic finish.  It’s far more effective than even more regular waxing would be!

4 hours ago, LenT said:

Did consider Ceramic coating mine. Called two detailers one quite a famous one in the industry. They advised realistically it would only be good for 12 months even using the best products money can buy in terms of a Ceramic finish. Also asked would it help against stone chips both gave the same answer that was no and they advised the soft Lexus paint can chip easily. Perhaps different detailers will provide different answers and in reality perhaps it would last longer. In the end simply used high quality wax which typically lasts for a good 6-7 months.

49 minutes ago, Cs150 said:

Called two detailers one quite a famous one in the industry. They advised realistically it would only be good for 12 months even using the best products money can buy in terms of a Ceramic finish

They may say that!

I had mine done nearly three years ago with Modesta products.  A couple of weeks ago I had a good local body shop repair a small mark caused by a car door blowing open and they remarked on the  excellence of the finish.

The Modesta product used does claim up to ten years before it needs reapplication - with the provisos I listed.  And my Detailer was talking about at least six years before he would expect to see the car again.  Pity he’s over here in Northamptonshire!

If it helps, I just stepped outside and took this shot.  It must be about six weeks since the car was last washed - and I used a mobile service for the very first time.

I’d be inclined to get a third opinion!

IMG_1267.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cs150 said:

Also asked would it help against stone chips both gave the same answer that was no and they advised the soft Lexus paint can chip easily.

It really depends on the size and speed of the stone!  A properly applied ceramic finish is going to provide better protection than a standard paint finish.

But it’s not claimed to be chip proof.  The only tiny chips I have are about three pin pricks on very front of the car.  The mark over the wheel arch I had repaired was caused by the wind blowing a van door that had parked too close - so that’s significant force.

If you want more protection against chipping, then Paint Protection Film is the next step up.  As opposed to paint or ceramic, it also has a degree of self-healing.

But I reiterate - its value to you all depends on how long you plan to keep the car and how much you’re prepared to spend.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LenT said:

They may say that!

I had mine done nearly three years ago with Modesta products.  A couple of weeks ago I had a good local body shop repair a small mark caused by a car door blowing open and they remarked on the  excellence of the finish.

The repaired panel that the body shop worked on, the Ceramic coat would now need to be applied to this repair area? Does it not look uniform the finish without this area being treated with the Modesta product?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links